C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Finland's coach last couple of WJCs was Antti Pennanen. This year it's Tomi Lämsä. What I've watched of U20 practice games this season, they seem to play "fast and active" style hockey. I think Lambert would be better suited for that style of play.
It not about building around him as a player. Its about let him rounding out his game, fill holes so he doesnt gets exposed and eaten alive at NHL for the holes and weaknesses in his game. If he doesnt want to be a career 4th liner ofC.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
First he looked great in preseason, then he got injured, then he looked great in his first few AHL games, then he got sick.

I think no matter what we just gotta give the kid some time to see what he actually is rather than these hot takes of he's amazing or he sucks every other week.

This thread on a main board is surprising to me? This kid gets way too much attention for his draft position and talent level and that’s coming from a Jets fan. I don’t really consider him an A prospect in our system. Personally, I was of the belief he should have gone to the CHL since he was only in his draft +1 season and he has never produced offence in his career to date, but many of our fans preferred the “Magic factory” :sarcasm:.

Hopefully the kid can get healthy and get in some minutes.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Looked the same as last WJC. Turnovers and puck hogging. Not good.
Yeah, he’s looked this way every time I’ve seen him play. Terrific skill - truly elite skating, great hands too. But … he just makes poor decisions so often. Almost every shift he tries to force plays, skating into multiple defenders when the right move is the simple pass to the teammate with more time/space. I’m not optimistic about him figuring this out.

With that being said, there have been productive NHLers who have “blinders” like that. If things go great with his development, I could see him having Jason Blake type upside.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Yeah, he’s looked this way every time I’ve seen him play. Terrific skill - truly elite skating, great hands too. But … he just makes poor decisions so often. Almost every shift he tries to force plays, skating into multiple defenders when the right move is the simple pass to the teammate with more time/space. I’m not optimistic about him figuring this out.

With that being said, there have been productive NHLers who have “blinders” like that. If things go great with his development, I could see him having Jason Blake type upside.
I think Lambert is not even that skilled. He attempts a lot of flashy skill plays, but most of them don't work.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Man's got a lot of tools but no tool box. Still think he should have just went to the WHL. No idea why they decide to stick him in another men's league after he just struggled for 2 straight years in a men's league.

Preseason stats mean f*** all. The good players are hardly trying in preseason. Time and time again you see people light it up in the preseason but amount to nothing when the real games start.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
He would've needed a year in the WHL to figure things out and really become a skillful top6 player.
Now he's in no-man land for me.
He never got to develop fully and become a good point producer before rushed in to play against men.

Also, the moose and the jets are the worst organization ever since Maurices days for finns.
Niku couldn't manage there.
Heinola has shown how freakishly smart he can be with the puck etc at many WJC's, against opponents that are already playing in the NHL. He was superior against a lot of them.
The Jets are ruining his f*cking career right now, I just can't only blame Ville for this because there is a track record with the Jets now.

Vesalainen? Perhaps a questionable character etc but still, way to ruin a first rounder. Big, skilled guy who played in the freaking SHL as a ( I think it was 16 year old)?

The thing is, there are some organizations you just do not want to see draft Finnish talents, Orange actually talents overall, Jets and the Flyers organization are a couple of them. This comes from a Flyers fan.
And on the opposite? You have the Avalanche and Canes and so on.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Huffer

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
He would've needed a year in the WHL to figure things out and really become a skillful top6 player.
Now he's in no-man land for me.
He never got to develop fully and become a good point producer before rushed in to play against men.

Also, the moose and the jets are the worst organization ever since Maurices days for finns.
Niku couldn't manage there.
Heinola has shown how freakishly smart he can be with the puck etc at many WJC's, against opponents that are already playing in the NHL. He was superior against a lot of them.
The Jets are ruining his f*cking career right now, I just can't only blame Ville for this because there is a track record with the Jets now.

Vesalainen? Perhaps a questionable character etc but still, way to ruin a first rounder. Big, skilled guy who played in the freaking SHL as a ( I think it was 16 year old)?

The thing is, there are some organizations you just do not want to see draft Finnish talents, Jets and the Flyers organization are a couple of them. This comes from a Flyers fan.
And on the opposite? You have the Avalanche and Canes and so on.
Forgot to add Laine to the rant

• Love
Reactions: Svedu

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Forgot to add Laine to the rant
Exactly. Laine got treated like garbage as well. Played with Stastny and was lights out. Afterwards got a sh*t center and teammates and a coach turning against him. The kid was more talented and gifted than Scheifele and Wheeler will ever be and you know this.

• Haha

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Exactly. Laine got treated like garbage as well. Played with Stastny and was lights out. Afterwards got a sh*t center and teammates and a coach turning against him. The kid was more talented and gifted than Scheifele and Wheeler will ever be and you know this.
Why not add Armia too

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Why not add Armia too
Cry some more.

News flash, he got drafted by? Sabres.

Let's just say that I believe talents like Hintz and some others would've had a harder time developing in your organization.
I really do hope Heinola can leave asap and get a shot to make himself a name before it's too late.

• Haha

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Now there is an anti-Finnish thing happening??? PUH-lease!!!

No, chill. But if that's the conclusion you want to make, be my guest.

I mean, the best forward right now for the Jets? A forward who didn't get drafted by your organization and spent his crucial years in the Blue Jackets. Who can that be?
Again, there is a track record. Read between the lines if you are able to do that.

• Haha

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

I mean, the best forward right now for the Jets? A forward who didn't get drafted by your organization and spent his crucial years in the Blue Jackets. Who can that be?
Again, there is a track record. Read between the lines if you are able to do that.

No, there really isn't.

Reactions: hn777

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.

Scheifele, Ehlers, Connor are all better than Dubois if that is what you are trying to say.

Vesalainen just sucked, Niku flashed skill in the AHL but hasn't been able to crack multiple NHL rosters.

Laine is the same player he was with the Jets, elite goal scorer that has no other part to his game.

I do agree that we are misplaying Heinola though, he needs to be in the NHL.

Reactions: hn777

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
If someone decides to stay blindfolded I can't help them or continue to debate them. So there is no point answering you after this post, have a nice one.

You are the one arguing with nonsense, let's not pretend I and others have blindfold on. If players are good they make it in the NHL regardless of some made up bias against them.

• Haha

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Had Lambert on my DND list so not surprised to see the less than glowing reviews.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Scheifele, Ehlers, Connor are all better than Dubois if that is what you are trying to say.

Vesalainen just sucked, Niku flashed skill in the AHL but hasn't been able to crack multiple NHL rosters.

Laine is the same player he was with the Jets, elite goal scorer that has no other part to his game.

I do agree that we are misplaying Heinola though, he needs to be in the NHL.

Noor Scheifele nor Wheeler is as good as Laine, period.
Ehlers and Connor, congratulations. Two first round picks your organization was able to keep and develop.
At the end of the day, if this keeps on going the Jets will never be close to becoming a contender. Why try to insist anything else?

Perhaps Vesalainen just "sucked" but I have a hard time to believe he had any less talent than others in your or others organization.
Winning both gold and silver with younger national teams and also being one of the most contributing players in those teams.
19 points in 14 WJC-18 games. Debuting at a young age in a foreign country and a good league such as SHL.
6 points in 5 games at WJC's. 13 points in 22 games for the moose 18/19.
I guess my point is that I'm right on this. You just don't have the best organization for young talents and I don't understand why someone needs to get b*tthurted about that fact?

You are the one arguing with nonsense, let's not pretend I and others have blindfold on. If players are good they make it in the NHL regardless of some made up bias against them.
Wow, everything is black or white in life and in this world? You are just making a bigger fool out of yourself.
"I and others", do you need backup?
And who said anything about being bias? You? I just stated that the Jets are not that good at developing their talents. Why do you get so sad?

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Ehlers and Connor, congratulations. Two first round picks your organization was able to keep and develop.
At the end of the day, if this keeps on going the Jets will never be close to becoming a contender. Why try to insist anything else?

Perhaps Vesalainen just "sucked" but I have a hard time to believe he had any less talent than others in your organization.
Winning both gold and silver with younger national teams and also being one of the most contributing players in those team.
19 points in 14 WJC-18 games. Debuting in a young age in a foreign country and a good league such as SHL.
I guess my point is that I'm right on this. You just don't have the best organization for young talents and I don't understand why someone needs to get b*tthurted about that fact?

Wow, everything is black or white in life and in this world? You are just making a bigger fool out of yourself.
Scheifele is a much better player than Laine.

So I guess I am right about this, you just have terrible analysis of hockey talent.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

Perhaps Vesalainen just "sucked" but I have a hard time to believe he had any less talent than others in your or others organization.
Winning both gold and silver with younger national teams and also being one of the most contributing players in those teams.
19 points in 14 WJC-18 games. Debuting at a young age in a foreign country and a good league such as SHL.

And who said anything about being bias? You? I just stated that the Jets are not that good at developing their talents. Why do you get so sad?

I'm fine. You are the one angry and making up stuff.

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad