C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I like how all Lambert prospect threads have people on here thinking their predictions are correct... From the early "part 1" to now the "part 3" it has fans saying he's a top 3 draft prospect to then saying he sucks and has off ice issues to then saying they knew he would be a stud to then back to saying he's awful blah blah blah lol

Alot of people look like morons when looking back at replies and continually changing their thoughts on him by strictly looking at his stats.

Also, is Lambert potentially the prospect that many posters on here are most obsessed with weirdly talking about????!!!!

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I like how all Lambert prospect threads have people on here thinking their predictions are correct... From the early "part 1" to now the "part 3" it has fans saying he's a top 3 draft prospect to then saying he sucks and has off ice issues to then saying they knew he would be a stud to then back to saying he's awful blah blah blah lol

Alot of people look like morons when looking back at replies and continually changing their thoughts on him by strictly looking at his stats.

Also, is Lambert potentially the prospect that many posters on here are most obsessed with weirdly talking about????!!!!
Really happens for most prospects. Like the WJC that just happened in the summer, Kemmell played well and everyone that was high on him were goin on about how I told you so, he shoulda been top 5, Nashville got a steal etc etc. Been crickets since his season started in Liiga and hes actually having a worse year this year than last year.

Lambert is just super polarizing because when you watch him play he makes you go wow. But the production has not been there for 2 seasons now, and his warts are still apparent. You best believe though if he has a good WJC tourney theres gunna be a lot of people talkin about it in this thread and how they cant believe winnipeg got him late in the 1st.

People just dont have patience and cant wait to be proven right. When were talkin prospects drafted in the 2nd half of the 1st, youre likely going to have to wait 5+ years to see if you were actually right or not.

Said last year before the draft that Lambert reminds me of Pierre Engvall with more offensive upside. Someone that can be a solid bottom 6 forward that can score in transition. Of course he can develop into something better but I'm not holding my breath.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
People just dont have patience and cant wait to be proven right. When were talkin prospects drafted in the 2nd half of the 1st, youre likely going to have to wait 5+ years to see if you were actually right or not.
Patience is pretty much what it comes down to. So many prospects are coming into the NHL now at 18, 19, 20 years old and doing well that people expect that to be the norm, especially for a kid who spent a few years being touted as a top prospect for his draft year.

I think people need to realize that most of these kids have warts in their games, some more than others. They get drafted not for what they are now but for what they could become. Lambert has a ton of skill and a very high ceiling, but he has a lot of work to do before he could ever reach it. He holds a lot of responsibility in his development as the Jets can only provide him with the tools, but he also needs to be willing to put in the work.

14 games in the AHL is hardly enough time to really assess that a player is a bust. Reminds me a little of how critical people were about Jack Quinn after he only had 9 points in 15 AHL games and was a -14, along with only having 5 points in the U20's. There's an adjustment period for many of these players, especially when they have to come to NA and play in a men's league as a teenager.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
I think Lambert is a player who looks worse the more you watch him. First time you see him you go "Wow! This guy is so skilled!". But the more you watch him the more you start to notice his flaws, and how he keeps doing the same mistakes over and over and over again with no sign of improvement.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Patience is pretty much what it comes down to. So many prospects are coming into the NHL now at 18, 19, 20 years old and doing well that people expect that to be the norm, especially for a kid who spent a few years being touted as a top prospect for his draft year.

I think people need to realize that most of these kids have warts in their games, some more than others. They get drafted not for what they are now but for what they could become. Lambert has a ton of skill and a very high ceiling, but he has a lot of work to do before he could ever reach it. He holds a lot of responsibility in his development as the Jets can only provide him with the tools, but he also needs to be willing to put in the work.

14 games in the AHL is hardly enough time to really assess that a player is a bust. Reminds me a little of how critical people were about Jack Quinn after he only had 9 points in 15 AHL games and was a -14, along with only having 5 points in the U20's. There's an adjustment period for many of these players, especially when they have to come to NA and play in a men's league as a teenager.
Nail on the head.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
According to the Canada-Finland pre tournament broadcast yesterday, he had Covid in October, not just sick.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
According to the Canada-Finland pre tournament broadcast yesterday, he had Covid in October, not just sick.
Jiricek had it before the summer one and he did not look like Jiricek at all. Shell of himself.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Oh, i see... And how far has that and those players took your organization? Any Stanley finals for you guys?

Pretty funny actually, those players are good. But as is it for now? No one is top10 in their position in my books and has never been. Besides a goalie, wow... Good job Jets.

While we are at it, how many successful europeans have your organization drafted and had these last 5-8 years? Besides Ehlers that is.
Any swedes? Finns? Czechs? Slovaks?
Really?

While he has had a set back, Scheifele was considered one of the top players in the world, not just top 10 C.

Wheeler was a top 5 RW for several seasons.

Connor is a top 10 winger LW (who is better on your list?)

Morrissey is a bonafide 1st pair D...not top 10 but still a great draft pick.

And Hellebucyk.

Reactions: blueandgoldguy

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Seems like Lambert already got demoted first game of the tournament from 1st line to 4th line. That sure didn't take long.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Seems like Lambert already got demoted first game of the tournament from 1st line to 4th line. That sure didn't take long.
I think he was just swapped with Kemell, I don't think Lambert did anything to deserve a demotion this game.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I think Lambert is a player who looks worse the more you watch him. First time you see him you go "Wow! This guy is so skilled!". But the more you watch him the more you start to notice his flaws, and how he keeps doing the same mistakes over and over and over again with no sign of improvement.
He has some of the worst hockey IQ I've seen at this level. Multiple times a game his teammate will have the puck and he will skate right into him and nearly hit him. He has no concept of spacing whatsoever. It reminds me of watching little kids play where a kid is a little faster than everyone else so he just disregards his teammates and skates to steal the puck from them and when he has the puck will skate towards and past his teammates.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I just keep feeling like Winnipeg drafted their Roslovic replacement. Good skater although Lambert is better, decent hands and capable of making some nice moves at times, good shot, but severely lacking in the hockey IQ department. We see Roslovic go on some meaningless heater every year, maybe Lambert can figure it out and be that player consistently but I dont expect it.

Reactions: Ippenator

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
I just keep feeling like Winnipeg drafted their Roslovic replacement. Good skater although Lambert is better, decent hands and capable of making some nice moves at times, good shot, but severely lacking in the hockey IQ department. We see Roslovic go on some meaningless heater every year, maybe Lambert can figure it out and be that player consistently but I dont expect it.
Maybe. Still worth the gamble at that spot. I think he'll be a lot more aggressive then roslo, which will be good and bad.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Lambert is definitely not looking like a huge steal or anything. Could become an NHL player, but 30-40 point player at most, I think.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad