C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1672453345490.png

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Lambert definitely needs to go to WHL after WJC. Not doing much in this WJC. Starting to look frustrated.

Reactions: Ippenator

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Eventually you gotta stop makin excuses for his play. Yes he can skate and handle the puck well at high speeds, but he really has not show much else.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Watched Lambert now in 1 U18 WJC's ( 2021 ), 3 U20 WJC's ( 2021, 2022, 2023 ).
and still i don't see any improvement in Lambert's game.

All what i see is overhyped and overrated mediocre player who cannot make his teammates better players.
Nothing and i totally mean absolutely nothing doesn't impress me to say or admit that
here's next Finnish NHL player type Mikael Granlund / Sebastian Aho / Teuvo Teräväinen.

I feel sorry of Winnipeg Jets organisation and their fans of that Kevin Cheveldayoff
and his scouts are hit their hand to deep shit to using 30th overall 1st round pick
in 2022 NHL draft to draft this bust.

Brad Lambert can start to prepare having a hockey career in smaller European beer leagues
( Norway, France, Hungary, Italy, United Kingdom etc ) this guy is biggest Finnsih draft bust
since 2002 NHL draft and Jesse Niinimäki.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Watched Lambert now in 1 U18 WJC's ( 2021 ), 3 U20 WJC's ( 2021, 2022, 2023 ).
and still i don't see any improvement in Lambert's game.

All what i see is overhyped and overrated mediocre player who cannot make his teammates better players.
Nothing and i totally mean absolutely nothing doesn't impress me to say or admit that
here's next Finnish NHL player type Mikael Granlund / Sebastian Aho / Teuvo Teräväinen.

I feel sorry of Winnipeg Jets organisation and their fans of that Kevin Cheveldayoff
and his scouts are hit their hand to deep shit to using 30th overall 1st round pick
in 2022 NHL draft to draft this bust.

Brad Lambert can start to prepare having a hockey career in smaller European beer leagues
( Norway, France, Hungary, Italy, United Kingdom etc ) this guy is biggest Finnsih draft bust
since 2002 NHL draft and Jesse Niinimäki.

oh no they could've had Isaac Howard or Reid Shae-pffffffffffflflflffllflfrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I’m definitely in the camp of “his hockey IQ/reads are a major issue”, as well as “I liked him a lot at first, but a lot less as I watch him more”, but IMO the negativity is getting a bit over the top. He DOES have outstanding skating and hands, and he just turned 19 a couple weeks ago. He has a tonne of work to do to become an NHLer, but I certainly wouldn’t write him off. Talented players aren’t busts at 19.

I’ve compared him before to Jason Blake, and I think he does have similar upside to that, if everything goes right in his development from here on out. Similar outstanding hands and skating, and similar poor hockey IQ. Like Blake, his INSTINCTS are likely never going to be good, but Blake learned to play good enough team hockey most of the time that he still had a good NHL career. Blake was still prone to “putting the blinders on” (totally focusing on attacking individually and missing great passing opportunities), but over time he was able to limit this to times when he had at least a decent individual opportunity. Like Blake, Lambert needs to learn how to default to good team hockey, even if it’s not instinctual play for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I'll be shocked if WPG doesn't send him to Seattle after the WJC. It's a perfect situation for him to be able to join the #1 ranked team in the CHL.

There is a reason why Seattle hasn't filled their import slots. Saving a spot for him to join

Last edited:

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I'll be shocked if WPG doesn't send him to Seattle after the WJC. It's a perfect situation for him to be able to join the #1 ranked team in the CHL.

There is a reason why Seattle hasn't filled their import slots. Saving a spot for him to join

How many teams does this guy need to be flipped to, to actually do something?

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
An absolutely useless player. I’m starting to feel pretty sure that he will have a Liiga career at best. Right now he is hardly even a Mestis calibre player. Before I did see some potential for him to maybe become in best case scenario some day a 3rd or 4th line speedy forechecker in the NHL. Unfortunately he is just so goddamn dum with the puck and even without it, that I’m almost sure that there is no real NHL future or even AHL future for him.

Last edited:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland

Is it even allowed anymore to loan Lambert to WHL?

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
How strange that Lambert was better in WJC 2 years ago.
Came to post the same thing. He was better as a just turned 17 year old then he was at 19.

Wright and Lambert just peaked early and stopped developing.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
For a player who's described as "skilled" and "high upside", Lambert sure doesn't generate that many scoring chances. He's not a good a playmaker or a scorer. He's a great skater and that's about it. One-dimensional player.

Still think he can be an NHL player but he'll have to change his gamestyle to be more of a speedy forechecking role player. It will probably take many years but eventually he could be an NHL player.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
How strange that Lambert was better in WJC 2 years ago.
I’ve been wondering about this too, he was decent at running the powerplay from the left wall as well back then and was regularly creating good chances. Has playing against men too soon actually caused this much damage or what?

Reactions: Jukurit

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
I’ve been wondering about this too, he was decent at running the powerplay from the left wall as well back then and was regularly creating good chances. Has playing against men too soon actually caused this much damage or what?
That's what I've been thinking too. He was good in that tournament. I'm starting to think that being rushed to Liiga and now AHL has caused some damage to his game.

Just to freshen everyone's memory:

He was much more confident back then.

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad