C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I hope he can turn things around.

Just think Lambert and Tuomaala has some tools that if they can mature and develop their ability to read the game. It can take a couple of years.

It's not that kind of Leevi Aaltonen talent, they should have some more in them.
Even if Leevi was a decent junior talent he never had the same stickhandling, nor the same kind of speed.

I hope there is a finnish coach willing to work hard with him and that Brad himself tries to broaden his way of thinking the game.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I wonder if Scouching is still blowing his load over this guy. He pumped his tires more than anyone else in the draft class
That was a real cringy video. Sounded like a completely obsessed fan of Lambert, who desperately wanted to explain how great his favorite was despite him playing poorly. No accountability on Lambert, just blaming his teams instead of him.

I hope he can turn things around.

Just think Lambert and Tuomaala has some tools that if they can mature and develop their ability to read the game. It can take a couple of years.

It's not that kind of Leevi Aaltonen talent, they should have some more in them.
Even if Leevi was a decent junior talent he never had the same stickhandling, nor the same kind of speed.

I hope there is a finnish coach willing to work hard with him and that Brad himself tries to broaden his way of thinking the game.
Sorry to say, but I see them both pretty much as Leevi Aaltonen clones. I very much doubt they become at least much better than Aaltonen.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
That was a real cringy video. Sounded like a completely obsessed fan of Lambert, who desperately wanted to explain how great his favorite was despite him playing poorly. No accountability on Lambert, just blaming his teams instead of him.

Sorry to say, but I see them both pretty much as Leevi Aaltonen clones. I very much doubt they become at least much better than Aaltonen.

You could be right. Even if i think Aaltonen was very explosive i don't think he was as good as a skater as them, not as Lambert at least.
Also, i do believe Tuomaala has a better shot than Leevi. A good shot can always be of value. Who knows if he becomes a nhler or sakari manninen typ of european player or just a liiga regular.
He did get a little praise from the flyer Camp and their fanbase though.

Regarding Lambert, he should focus on trying to keep it more simple.
After that he should focus on either working really hard on his shot or becoming a good passer this upcoming year and start with that.
So that he can contribute to his future team because now he's not that good at either.
Why i think he should focus on his shot first? Is because his ability to read the game right now is highly questionable.
Therefor i do think he should focus on becoming a threat on ice himself and try to figure it out along the way.
Because now, he's mostly a speedster without to much else to brag about and not a threat. Agreed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ippenator

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
Next year should be good growth for him when he gets to be away from his dads influence. At least he wont have family excuse.

Will be interesting to see if he ever figures out how to use his NHL toolkit(skill wise). His brain/head has bit of catching up and maturing up to do.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
That was a real cringy video. Sounded like a completely obsessed fan of Lambert, who desperately wanted to explain how great his favorite was despite him playing poorly. No accountability on Lambert, just blaming his teams instead of him

Don’t get me wrong, I love Lambert and the skill that he has. If he can put it all together, he can be an exciting player!

But man, it’s just another reason why I can’t stand Scouching. He just completely fanboys over players and disregards their actual output

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
This sounds dramatic, but I think next season is "career defining" for Lambert. He has now pretty much just sucked for 2 seasons. 3rd straight season of sucking would be pretty bad. Really needs to have a good season. WHL is the only correct choice. Put up some points and get some confidence back.

Reactions: Svedu and Ippenator

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
This sounds dramatic, but I think next season is "career defining" for Lambert. He has now pretty much just sucked for 2 seasons. 3rd straight season of sucking would be pretty bad. Really needs to have a good season. WHL is the only correct choice. Put up some points and get some confidence back.

I have to agree on this. At least when it comes to his future in the NHL that is.
To become a good player overall, may it be in Europe, i'll give him 2 years.

Simontaival and Järventie showed that they've matured quite a bit, especially the first one. Without being big or fast, he handled himself good because of fast and often correct decisions on ice. He really showed that he doesn't need to hog the puck and tried to work with his assets this year.
Lambert should take after Simontaival in that way.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Not at the U20 though. He preformed great the last two U20 (including the one that was canceled)
He wasn’t good in any game in this tournament. Sure he got a nice PP goal in his 1st game now, but outside of that he definitely wasn’t good in even that game. And in most of the other games that he played he was really poor. Sure skating a lot with speed, but doing nothing otherwise. Turning the puck over too much and taking even an idiotic penalty in an important game in the playoffs stage. He earned his every benching in this tournament. Not that I would have necessarily benched him every time if I was the coach, but he did give the coach some reasons to think of even benching him. And Pennanen is that kind of coach that he can bench a player quite easily, if he doesn’t like his play, and especially his teamplay.

And the two cancelled U20 WJC games have nothing to do with if he should have played in this tournament. He got his points there anyway against two very weak teams in that tournament.

Last edited:

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I'm starting to think he only looked so good at cancelled WJC because he was playing against weak teams. His linemates at cancelled WJC Koivunen and Helenius looked amazing too and both of them sucked now.
I know some Lambert fans won’t like this, but Helenius played a lot better when Lambert wasn’t anymore on his line. In fact in the final against Canada Helenius was very good.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
This thread is practically just the same 3-4 people saying how unimpressed they are with Lambert every day
Not sure what else it could really be with how he has been playing for the last two seasons. Of course there are also the same few Lambert-apologists time after time coming back again with their comments about how great potential and skills he has and how he has been only held back by bad and unfair coaching. So there is that as well. Of course it all keeps the merrygoround going on quite nicely.

Last edited:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I'm starting to think he only looked so good at cancelled WJC because he was playing against weak teams. His linemates at cancelled WJC Koivunen and Helenius looked amazing too and both of them sucked now.
Have you noticed how big Helenius is.
It's not that easy to get 6'6 body to move and skate fast asap.
It shouldn't be even a news at 6'6 guy lacks skating speed.

And Lambert was what he was but lets see where plays next season and is he back U20 WJC's December.
I have a little doubt of that Jets will not release him next U20 WJC's after that how Pennanen treated him.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
I’m hoping for this kids success now more than ever. I’d hate to see this turn into another Anderson MacDonald situation. People should have a little more compassion and give it a rest

• Haha
Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad