C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Actually it isn't.
The writing has been on the wall for this coming last 2 games.
Lambert has got benched twice and he's been demoted 4th line.
Nothing crazy in this case exept maybe that this had to happen before the semifinal.
I haven’t really been watching Finland but I guess I’m just surprised how much he’s regressing

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Just because you say this doesn't make it true...
FaX1ZmFX0AARMTE
Where are you getting this? I’d like to see canada

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I haven’t really been watching Finland but I guess I’m just surprised how much he’s regressing
Yeah that's true.
We can only guess why that's happened.
But if i shoud guess i would say that main reason is that Lambert tries too much by himself.

He keeps puck perhaps a bit too long and when there's all passing lanes closed or blocked
Lambert tries to rush puck to offensive zone and then suddenly he loses it.

Maybe it is confidence issue as well or bad chemistry between his linemates.
But good news are that Pennanen is not coaching Finland December's U20 WJC's-
Tomi Lämsä is new Finnish U20 head coach so maybe he can use Lambert better.
And if Lambert is in the team he might found himself 1st line C or W.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Yeah that's true.
We can only guess why that's happened.
But if i shoud guess i would say that main reason is that Lambert tries too much by himself.

He keeps puck perhaps a bit too long and when there's all passing lanes closed or blocked
Lambert tries to rush puck to offensive zone and then suddenly he loses it.

Maybe it is confidence issue as well or bad chemistry between his linemates.
But good news are that Pennanen is not coaching Finland December's U20 WJC's-
Tomi Lämsä is new Finnish U20 head coach so maybe he can use Lambert better.
And if Lambert is in the team he might found himself 1st line C or W.
He played well in their first two games - made a ton of great passes, hit a crossbar, and scored a nice goal. But then then was demoted in the third game and benched when me made a bad turnover on the PP (then worked his butt off to back check the puck carrier, fell, stood up, and then got caught watching when the Slovakian forward broke his stick on the shot and the puck trickled to the man behind him). I blame him for the turnover, but his effort coming back was obviously there - he got a bit unlucky with that broken stick and lost his man on the switch with Heimosalmi, but that seemingly solidified the coaching staff's decision to not play him. I guess they were fine with Jarventie flying the zone on that play? Or Jarventie completely losing his man on the first Slovak goal?

Then he was dropped to the 4th line and taken completely off the PP in the next 2 games, where he started just dumping the puck in pretty much every time he crossed the red line (probably per instruction). Then he got scratched because he took a penalty vs the Germans I guess?

Seems like they are doing everything in their power to destroy this kid's confidence.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
This kid is Josh-Ho Sang 2.0. I predict there will be a cult of followers that defend and excuse his lack of production at every level for a long, long time. It will always be about the coaching, the teammates, the Finnish racism against Canadians etc. etc. and never just the plain fact that he¨s not a good hockey player.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
This kid is Josh-Ho Sang 2.0. I predict there will be a cult of followers that defend and excuse his lack of production at every level for a long, long time. It will always be about the coaching, the teammates, the Finnish racism against Canadians etc. etc. and never just the plain fact that he¨s not a good hockey player.
If he turns out to be jhs then he's jhs. But calling him that b4 he even plays 1 game in his drafted year and an 18 year old is just plain stupid.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
I thought Lambert was Finlands best player during the canceled tournament and I thought he looked great in 2021. He had a bad tournament this year but was also given a very short leash.

I still like Lambert’s game. I still expect a big year of Brad wherever he goes.
What do you like about Lambert's game?

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Not gonna play in Final either.... so he was benched/scratched what 4-5 games this tournament

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Shortest TTB (time-to-bust) of any 2022 draft pick.
Yeah probably.

You see next Josh Ho-Sang in Lambert.
I see next Nail Yakupov or Jesse Niinimäki so lets see who hits closer.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
not quite as hyped, but his trajectory reminds me a lot of Angelo Esposito.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Believe I said the same thing in this thread months ago and I agree.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad