C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jimsabo21

Jul 2, 2011
I was able to watch the Swiss / Finland U20 International Friendly match yesterday. In my opinion, Brad Lambert was clearly the best player on the ice. He created offence nearly every shift with quick 'give and go's' and utilizing his incredible speed once he had open ice. His tight area game was impressive spinning off defenders to keep pucks alive and utilizing his D man perfectly.

I saw he scored a goal today (described by someone on Twitter as 'OMG, what a goal by Lambert'), however I can't seem to find a stream or highlight package. Finland defeated Czech Republic 6-4.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I was able to watch the Swiss / Finland U20 International Friendly match yesterday. In my opinion, Brad Lambert was clearly the best player on the ice. He created offence nearly every shift with quick 'give and go's' and utilizing his incredible speed once he had open ice. His tight area game was impressive spinning off defenders to keep pucks alive and utilizing his D man perfectly.

I saw he scored a goal today (described by someone on Twitter as 'OMG, what a goal by Lambert'), however I can't seem to find a stream or highlight package. Finland defeated Czech Republic 6-4.

Impossible clearly you are his father

Jukurit

May 16, 2022

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Heinola seems to be doing just fine.

Did you see how they’ve handled him in the last 2 years?

One of their most promising prospect was regularly sitting in the press box without a good reason.

This year 53 games combined, last year 24 games combined in NA.
That’s not how you develop a top prospect

But for Lambert I bet he has a monster fire to show everyone how wrong they were and wilö dominate juniors this year

Jukurit

May 16, 2022

One of their most promising prospect was regularly sitting in the press box without a good reason.

But for Lambert I bet he has a monster fire to show everyone how wrong they were and wilö dominate juniors this year
Patience is a virtue. Heinola was dominating AHL. Not every guy needs to make NHL as fast as possible.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015

That’s very few games! You would almost think there was some sort of worldwide event that greatly affected 18-20 yr old hockey players or something…

Pop quiz: who played more NHL games before the age of 21? Cale Makar or Ville Heinola?

cg98

Oct 10, 2017

He's literally been playing pro hockey since his U18 year and only just turned 21 lol, he was exceptional in the AHL this year.

I somewhat agree however, Chevy saw the writing on the wall when Buff, Myers, Chiarot and Trouba left and started the transition to a more modern offensive puck-moving blue line by trading for Pionk, drafting Heinola and signing Morrissey long term, but the Maurice regime wanted so desperately to hang on to the defensive system that was built around those guys and kept bringing in large, terrible defensemen to go with their terrible coaching system to try and compensate for those losses (Sbisa, Forbort, Beaulieu, etc). That obviously didn't work and our blue-chip prospects on defense like Heinola have gotten the shit end of the stick in terms of playing time because of it.

Reactions: Monkey D Luffy
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Why wasn't he playing with his peers in the junior Finnish league? I know I mentioned it before, but he was awful playing in the Liiga.

I get he's shown flashes of his ability, but why he wasn't sent down is odd to me.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Why wasn't he playing with his peers in the junior Finnish league? I know I mentioned it before, but he was awful playing in the Liiga.

I get he's shown flashes of his ability, but why he wasn't sent down is odd to me.
Rumor has it that the reason they've been swapping teams so much is because they wanted to play in Liiga.

I disagree with juniors though, there was a much better choice - Mestis.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
He's literally been playing pro hockey since his U18 year and only just turned 21 lol, he was exceptional in the AHL this year.

I somewhat agree however, Chevy saw the writing on the wall when Buff, Myers, Chiarot and Trouba left and started the transition to a more modern offensive puck-moving blue line by trading for Pionk, drafting Heinola and signing Morrissey long term, but the Maurice regime wanted so desperately to hang on to the defensive system that was built around those guys and kept bringing in large, terrible defensemen to go with their terrible coaching system to try and compensate for those losses (Sbisa, Forbort, Beaulieu, etc). That obviously didn't work and our blue-chip prospects on defense like Heinola have gotten the shit end of the stick in terms of playing time because of it.
nonsense. heinola isnt playing full time cause he isnt ready yet. keep blaming mo though if it makes you feel better.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
That’s very few games! You would almost think there was some sort of worldwide event that greatly affected 18-20 yr old hockey players or something…

Pop quiz: who played more NHL games before the age of 21? Cale Makar or Ville Heinola?
What is the point of that comparison?

Pop quiz: who is the best dman in the NHL and who isnt? Cale Makar or Ville Heinola

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
nonsense. heinola isnt playing full time cause he isnt ready yet. keep blaming mo though if it makes you feel better.
Maybe he wasn't, he still would've been better, at the very least equal to any of the garbage defensemen I listed. He would've been better served playing bottom paring minutes or full time AHL minutes but the Maurice regime stuck him in the PB

I will blame Mo, him and his coaching staff are a big reason as to why we are where we are now. It doesn't make it better, but I'm not wrong and you can cry about it lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Huffer and MardyBum

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I wouldn't be opposed to see Lambert in Seattle, but he clearly is capable of playing the pro game. The Moose would be good and if they stick Luciuz on that team, they'd have a decent 1-2 punch in our AHL farm team with Luciuz and Lambert for development

Last edited:

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Maybe he wasn't, he still would've been better, at the very least equal to any of the garbage defensemen I listed. He would've been better served playing bottom paring minutes or full time AHL minutes but the Maurice regime stuck him in the PB

I will blame Mo, him and his coaching staff are a big reason as to why we are where we are now. It doesn't make it better, but I'm not wrong and you can cry about it lol
him sitting here with 2 more years on his elc is better for him and the jets. thx mo

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Patience is a virtue. Heinola was dominating AHL. Not every guy needs to make NHL as fast as possible.

Sure, but it doesn’t mean/explain the press box.
Look at the amount of games he has played.

5 NHL games+ 19 AHL games in 20-21,
12 NHL games, 41 AHL games 21/22

Absolutely ridiculous.
It’s fine if you want to play him in the AHL but play him, not sit him.

Jets haven’t had success in their player develoment post Laine draft.
I wished Lambert would have gone pretty much anywhere else than the Jets. Way too many negatives around that team and Lambert needs a strong management to help him max out, he’s a project with ultra high ceiling

ffh

Jul 16, 2016

Absolutely ridiculous.

Jets haven’t had success in their player develoment post Laine draft
i'll let covid know it wasnt helping development

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Absolutely ridiculous.

Jets haven’t had success in their player develoment post Laine draft.
I wished Lambert would have gone pretty much anywhere else than the Jets. Way too many negatives around that team and Lambert needs a strong management to help him max out, he’s a project with ultra high ceiling

Florida's problem now.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Yeah like everything has been solved in Winnipeg now…

Doesn’t explain/excuse the handling of Heinola, about every Jets fan has been furious at times how he has been handled
if there was no covid he wouldnt be sitting in the pb. end of story.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The Maurice problem sure has been. Enjoy!

& yet the locker room is more toxic than ever.

Sorry but the Jets have done absolutely nothing to earn our trust they can turn around Lamberts development

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
& yet the locker room is more toxic than ever.

Sorry but the Jets have done absolutely nothing to earn our trust they can turn around Lamberts development

*spends years shitting on Maurice in the Jets forum to see him go coach one of your teams*

Tough one, I know.

"Our Trust"

Jesus.

He scored a nice goal today! Wanna complain more?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad