C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I can’t believe he didn’t want to play captain skate it into the zone and turn it over

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
He will surely get more opportunities later in the tournament, but protecting the lead in the 3rd period is not when Lambert should be on the ice.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He will surely get more opportunities later in the tournament, but protecting the lead in the 3rd period is not when Lambert should be on the ice.
5-1 vs Latvia...

The time should be used for building chemistry, "protecting the lead" is a poor excuse. The lead didn't require any protection. This just tanks his confidence for no benefit.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
5-1 vs Latvia...

The time should be used for building chemistry, "protecting the lead" is a poor excuse. The lead didn't require any protection. This just tanks his confidence for no benefit.
It doesn't necessarily have to hurt his confidence. It could be beneficial.
An example would be if the coach is giving him a specific assignment which he needs fulfilled to optimize his system and Lambert isn't following the script. Then in the next game Lambert gets onboard with the coaches direction, the result will be positive for both player and team.

Plus the term "protecting the lead" is likely to mean going into lockdown mode and preparing to protect a 1 goal lead later in the tournament, rather than having genuine concern about losing the game to Latvia.

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
Everything about his trajectory screams bust, sadly. Is there any info on where he's playing this season?

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Everything about his trajectory screams bust, sadly. Is there any info on where he's playing this season?
Not yet.
Lambert has only said that he's going to Winnipeg Jets training camp next month.
I truly hope that Lambert is going to play AHL or WHL if he's staying to North America.
But if he comes back to Europe then i hope he goes to SHL.

Lambert hasn't nothing to prove in SM liiga and when he's already showed that liiga is wrong place him
so better play somewhere far away of Finland and Finnish click-ho sport media.

But we don't know what almighty Ross Lambert has in his mind.
And if the last word for Brad's next seasons team is his decision everything is possible
even that same team switch circus will continue.

Reactions: Rengorlex

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Not yet.
Lambert has only said that he's going to Winnipeg Jets training camp next month.
I truly hope that Lambert is going to play AHL or WHL if he's staying to North America.
But if he comes back to Europe then i hope he goes to SHL.

Lambert hasn't nothing to prove in SM liiga and when he's already showed that liiga is wrong place him
so better play somewhere far away of Finland and Finnish click-ho sport media.

But we don't know what almighty Ross Lambert has in his mind.
And if the last word for Brad's next seasons team is his decision everything is possible
even that same team switch circus will continue.
What the hell are you babbling about? He has all to prove still in Liiga, as he was pretty much crap there last two seasons. Of course SHL might be good for him to try to develop also, but do you seriously think there is real interest within SHL teams for having him? I very much doubt it.

He was that bad today, that I’m starting to think that his options for next season should be WHL or Mestis, because how he is playing it seems that those are leagues more suitable for his level.

Last edited:

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
What the hell are babbling about? He has all to prove still in Liiga, as he was pretty much crap there last two seasons. Of course SHL might be good for him to try to develop also, but do you seriously think there is real interest within SHL teams towards him? I very much doubt it. He was that bad today, that I’m starting to think that his options for next season should be WHL or Mestis, because how he is playing it seems that those are leagues more suitable for his level.
He should go to Canadian junior leagues.

The IQ of the play in NA is lower than in Europe. Maybe it can suit his game better. He can develop into brainless 3rd/4th line checker with his skating ability, if he learns to dump the puck and forecheck hard.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I would like to see what he could do with faster linemates. Someone who could keep up with Lambert when he has the puck on his stick and he's going over the blueline. Usually he just looses the puck but if he had someone to pass it to, maybe he could be more effective.

This U20 tournament has shown that Lambert has a lot of work to do. His play hasn't convinced me that he could be an NHL player. Sucks that the whole line of Koivunen-Helenius-Lambert has blown so far.

ijuka

May 14, 2016

The IQ of the play in NA is lower than in Europe. Maybe it can suit his game better. He can develop into brainless 3rd/4th line checker with his skating ability, if he learns to dump the puck and forecheck hard.
Yeah he could find a niche. There are many 3rd liners who have limited ability outside of skating who've been successful. Carl Hagelin for example is a rather unremarkable player who gets by by being an extremely good skater. Or Paul Byron.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC

He'll bust regardless. If he goes to the CHL at least he'll score for one year, rather than stay and skate around in the most boring league in the world in Finland.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I would like to see what he could do with faster linemates. Someone who could keep up with Lambert when he has the puck on his stick and he's going over the blueline. Usually he just looses the puck but if he had someone to pass it to, maybe he could be more effective.

This U20 tournament has shown that Lambert has a lot of work to do. His play hasn't convinced me that he could be an NHL player. Sucks that the whole line of Koivunen-Helenius-Lambert has blown so far.

Are you surprised of that how much Helenius has regressed in these U20 WJC's?
Look how big he's it's not easy to get that size body to move fast.
So is it a news for you 6'6 guy like Helenius lacks skating speed

Lambert is what he is and that's it.
Of course you can speculate so much of that how to use Lambert better etc.
But perhaps Pennanen has clear reason to treat Lambert that way how he's done.

And if coach can't keep team under control etc then you have wrong coaching staff.
Names in game jersey will not make or break team so the ice time is something what you have to earn.
Even you won't get paid for that you show up your work
because you have to also do something there all that 8 hours.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland

Why Lambert should go WHL? that would be a step back.
Lambert is elibigle to play in AHL as soon as next season so Jets can put him there
if they see that's better for Lambert's development.

Or is there some other reason why WHL in Seattle is best option?
Do you wanna see Lambert dominating WHL or what's the reason.

Only Finn who's dominated WHL was Aleksi Heponiemi season 2017-2018.
That year Heponiemi played Swift-Current Broncos and scored 118 points
and look what type player Heponiemi is now he's not even regular in Florida Panthers
I wouldn't be surprised as a Panthers if Heponiemi is back to SM liiga next year ( 2023 ).

That same might happen for Lambert as well.
Think about that.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Seeing this kid play in this WJC sheds a light on why he fell so much in the draft. He has outstanding skating, hands, but it looks it's just not suited for the highest level.

A lot of us said this for a long time but people was going crazy. There are some posts a few pages back where people wanted him in the top 10 of the draft. Madness

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He will be in Seattle this upcoming season. Something needs to change for him and what better place to be with that stacked TBirds lineup. His confidence will soar playing on that team and putting up points.

IMO it's a no brainer now coming to WHL... Plus it's a great area to live in Kent.

Reactions: mazmin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad