C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
He will be in Seattle this upcoming season. Something needs to change for him and what better place to be with that stacked TBirds lineup. His confidence will soar playing on that team and putting up points.

IMO it's a no brainer now coming to WHL... Plus it's a great area to live in Kent.
Lambert needs a total reboot. WHL next season is the only right choice.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I agree that he needs to go to WHL and to have a strong season there. If he's able to dominate then there might be hope for his development, but if he has another lacklustre Liiga season in a 3rd line role then it'll be looking rather doomed rather quickly.

Kopitar11

Oct 16, 2016
Sweden
Didnt see him much today expect for the dumb penalty he took.
Heard about Lambert having problems with the attitude before but i dont know if its just a rumour.
Might be the reason he fell in the draft because the talent is there but he does some stupid stuff sometimes.
Kemell is a much better player, younger and better.
Its funny watching him play in WJC but i really hope Lambert can step up in the semi.
They dont go against sweden right? if so then stay cold.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Is there anyone remaining who remains optimistic about Lambert?
I think there are still some people relatively optimistic at the Jets board. I think they haven't really seen him play many full games. In fact the more you see him play, the less optimistic you start to feel about him.

Reactions: Jukurit

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
I kinda do. He needs to be somewhere else than where he is right now. I think worst case he will be a third line wild card. Steve Thomas with size.
I no longer believe that Lambert will be a high scoring player in NHL, but if he reinvents his game and adds more hustle and strength, he could become a speedy forechecking 3rd line guy in NHL.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I no longer believe that Lambert will be a high scoring player in NHL, but if he reinvents his game and adds more hustle and strength, he could become a speedy forechecking 3rd line guy in NHL.
Yeah, I remember loads of those guys in the NHL from the early 00s. Shane Willis was kinda fun too.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I said it earlier in this thread, but I could see Lambert eventually becoming a player like Engvall (obviously not an exact replica but similar mould). I get the same feeling when I watch them both play. Really strong skaters, great in transition and off the rush, but once they end up in the offensive zone, they have no idea how to generate offense anymore.

Reactions: Ippenator

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I think there are still some people relatively optimistic at the Jets board. I think they haven't really seen him play many full games. In fact the more you see him play, the less optimistic you start to feel about him.
I bet the jets watched him play more then you have. I bet they may even know more about evaluating players then you.

Reactions: mattihp

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I bet the jets watched him play more then you have. I bet they may even know more about evaluating players then you.
Well, I watched him play in over 80 games during the last two seasons so I really wouldn’t bet on them watching him play more than I have done. Wouldn’t also bet that they are more right about him than I am. Anyway, you can’t say that they are sure that he will pan out. I think they more like took a risk that they hope to some day pay off.

Btw, ice hockey fans that follow certain players play a lot can quite often be more right about a player than scouts. It doesn’t happen always, but it happens often enough. Scouts are just humans and they have a lot of players to follow, so it is easy to miss things on many players. Being a professional in something doesn’t also mean that you are the best expert in everything in your trade, even if you are generally good at your job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marioesque

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Kasperi Kapenen 2.0?
That is even a pretty good scenario right now in my opinion. Could definitely happen. I see clear similarities between them. Both are blazing fast and great skaters, both have lowish hockey IQ unfortunately and both have a bit cocky and kind of arrogant attitude, although I have understood that Kapanen has become better with his attitude later in his career.

Reactions: Jukurit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad