C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
With Perfetti and Lambert now, maybe the Rangers can make a play for PLD since he's RFA. So I'm crossing my fingers. Can send them Kravtsov and/or Lundkvist and something, maybe Chytil, still not sold he'll come good during the regular season. No Laf or Kakko though.

Lambert's aight. Good skater. Not sold he'll put it all together though. Get why he dropped. I feel safer taking most of the forwards that went ahead of him, aside from a few.

But Jets might not be the best team for him. Guess will see. Wouldn't put too much money on him succeeding though.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Not sure where I'd like to see him play next season, none of WHL, AHL or Liiga stand out as a really great fit. You want to start pruning those junior tendencies out, but he might also benefit the most just from gaining back his confidence and creativity in the WHL while also getting some more time to mature physically.

Monkey D Luffy

Go Bombers!
Nov 20, 2017
Winnipeg, MB
Not sure where I'd like to see him play next season, none of WHL, AHL or Liiga stand out as a really great fit. You want to start pruning those junior tendencies out, but he might also benefit the most just from gaining back his confidence and creativity in the WHL while also getting some more time to mature physically.
I hope he's in the WHL, put up some big numbers, and get some confidence playing guys his own age. AHL after that to learn the Jets system with the Moose. Gotta think that's the plan.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Maybe it’s about what we’ve seen over the last couple of years.
No Winnipeg fan can say that team has been run well.

& Lambert is a project who needs/needed a strong management to support his development.
Excuse us for having doubts about Winnipeg due to recent actions

Why would Finns be mad that Laine isn’t in Winnipeg anymore?
He’s in a much better place
how does winnipeg not give it's draft picks support to develop?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Shrug, no more Paul Maurice so I don't see much of a problem there. Lambert should also be fine with living in Winnipeg. Lambert's speed game should fit well with the team. Even if Jets aren't my first choice, it's far from the worst option.

Reactions: MardyBum

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
how does winnipeg not give it's draft picks support to develop?

Winnipegs been a mess in recent years, that’s no secret.

Would have been much better for Lambert to go to a team with great to elite manament

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Winnipegs been a mess in recent years, that’s no secret.

Would have been much better for Lambert to go to a team with great to elite manament
winnipeg had a down year and there was frustration in the locker room, but what does that have to do with how we have developed our prospects? other then vesalainen our 1st round draft picks have all succeeded or are on the verge of becoming nhlers. so please tell me how we don't support our draft picks

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
winnipeg had a down year and there was frustration in the locker room, but what does that have to do with how we have developed our prospects? other then vesalainen our 1st round draft picks have all succeeded or are on the verge of becoming nhlers. so please tell me how we don't support our draft picks

Who have you developed well post 2016 draft?

Your handling of Heinola has been ….ng terrible to say the least.

Winnipeg is not the place where things are in a healthy place right now so excuse me for wanting to have seen Lambert go elsewhere

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Who have you developed well post 2016 draft?

Your handling of Heinola has been ….ng terrible to say the least
heinola is 21 years old and still waviors exempt, people need to relax on him, maurice should have played him more like chevy wanted him to but didn't
2017 vesalainen picked at 24th where it's pretty much a 50/50 chance they make the nhl busted
2018 didn't have a 1st, our second round pick gustafsson should make the team this year
2019 heinola, looks to be an nhler very soon maybe as early as this season
2020 cole perfetti, made the team, would have played the whole year had he not been injured
2021 chaz lucious, looked good in college then got hurt signed with the jets and should go to the whl

for later round picks
from the 2017 draft we also have samberg who is most likely a lock this year and kovacevic who may end up as our #7 gwanke also had a very strong season for the moose
2018 nathan smith would have been on the team had he wanted to sign with us out of college but we were forced to move him to arizona and chisholm has also looked good for the moost and his 2 games as a jet
2019 lundmark/nikkanen will be on the moose next year developing
2020 chribrikov/rashevsky look very promising

you realize these guys are prospects and most take years to make it to the nhl so you saying "post 2016" really isn't giving much time to get a good sense of how they have been developed, we've also had the least amount of draft picks over the course the past few years

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
heinola is 21 years old and still waviors exempt, people need to relax on him, maurice should have played him more like chevy wanted him to but didn't
2017 vesalainen picked at 24th where it's pretty much a 50/50 chance they make the nhl busted
2018 didn't have a 1st, our second round pick gustafsson should make the team this year
2019 heinola, looks to be an nhler very soon maybe as early as this season
2020 cole perfetti, made the team, would have played the whole year had he not been injured
2021 chaz lucious, looked good in college then got hurt signed with the jets and should go to the whl

for later round picks
from the 2017 draft we also have samberg who is most likely a lock this year and kovacevic who may end up as our #7 gwanke also had a very strong season for the moose
2018 nathan smith would have been on the team had he wanted to sign with us out of college but we were forced to move him to arizona and chisholm has also looked good for the moost and his 2 games as a jet
2019 lundmark/nikkanen will be on the moose next year developing
2020 chribrikov/rashevsky look very promising

you realize these guys are prospects and most take years to make it to the nhl so you saying "post 2016" really isn't giving much time to get a good sense of how they have been developed, we've also had the least amount of draft picks over the course the past few years
Damn dude. Showed no mercy. Absolutely destroyed their argument. LMAO

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I said this on Jets board thread, but maybe playing for Olli Jokinen at Jukurit might be the best option for him? He did wonders with Aatu Räty, when he joined the team. Same with Patrik Puistola and Petrus Palmu. Plus the Saskatoon Blades GM said they traded away his rights because they were told that there's a 95% chance Brad plays pro next season, either in AHL or Europe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ippenator
Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
Unfortunate he fell so hard and I hope he plays in the CHL next year so he can learn to love the game again!

He’s going to a strong champion contender in Seattle. Playoff hockey will help build character, he also won’t feel the need to do ‘everything’ as he will be surrounded by other quality veteran players (Roullette, Davidson, Schafer, Korchinski, Gustafson) and some up and coming kids (Ignila, Sawchyn etc)

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
He is fast but physically very very raw which forces him to play a perimeter game in a men's league. I fully understand the head scouts words about going to the WHL. He needs a bit more time to mature his body and get some confidence back on the way while playing juniors. Goes to show Liiga is not that easy of a league as some NA posters keep saying. Also, apparently he went to train in Toronto after the combine and learned that one must actually eat A LOT to grow muscle from all the training you do.

In my opinion in a best case scenario he is a top 9 roster player in two years for the Jets, but three years is a bit more realistic.

Does he like steak? My bro has a big grill outside and cooks steak for his billet kids. Will be cool
If he gets Lambert as his billet.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Does he like steak? My bro has a big grill outside and cooks steak for his billet kids. Will be cool
If he gets Lambert as his billet.
We will expect regular updates including pics and inside details on a regular basis. In exchange we will make you an honorary HF Jets fanboy which comes complete with 11 years of retroactive pain. You in?

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Switching teams seem to be the biggest cause for those rumours definitely.
& sounds like a big driver in those moves has been playing time, for example Jyp was out of the race and Lambert got a chance to go help Pelicans and play meaningfull games. Of course given his history that wasn’t looked well.

If I was a Gm I’d take him to na next year under better controll/guidance.
Controll his development, get him out of his fathers reach.
I fully expect the Jets to do that.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Definitely think Lambert has what it takes to be a stud, but I'm not so sure Winnipeg is the place to develop and grow him
Winnipeg hasn’t failed developing their high skilled 1st round talent. Vesalainen and Roslovic (arguably) are only blemishes, but neither have the skill of Lambert and I say this as someone who didn’t care for the pick as I wanted Chesley at 30

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Heinola seems to be doing just fine.

Exactly. We all want to see Heinola as an NHL regular, but the Jets do like taking their time with defensemen.

Probably helps now that Maurice and his love for Beaulieu are no longer part of this organization. Hopefully Bowness gives him a legitimate shot and he takes it an runs. Will help if Jets move a veteran like Dillon or Schmidt.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Winnipeg hasn’t failed developing their high skilled 1st round talent. Vesalainen and Roslovic (arguably) are only blemishes, but neither have the skill of Lambert and I say this as someone who didn’t care for the pick as I wanted Chesley at 30
How on earth is Roslovic a blemish? The only blemish is on Cheveldayoff for trading him at poor value.

Reactions: Heldig

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
How on earth is Roslovic a blemish? The only blemish is on Cheveldayoff for trading him at poor value.
I said ARGUABLY because some expected or were hoping for more. He was blocked in Winnipeg and never fully grabbed the opportunity and ran with it when injuries bumped him up the lineup.

If I didn’t include him some may have come in here citing his deficiencies just to prove their point that it was in fact more than just Vesalainen who the Jets failed to develop into an impact forward.

That’s HF boards in a nutshell. Always going to be someone looking to disprove anything you post because everyone has their own opinion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad