C/W Brad Lambert (2022, 30th, WPG) Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Does he come over to play in the WHL next year? Give him some NA experience close(ish) to Winnipeg?
By a Finnish press report, coming over to Seattle Thunderbirds is an option. Which the said press report then questions, not thinking that junior hockey would be better move than men's hockey.

Dad Lambert apparently knows Chevy from his Saskatchewan times.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Still don't understand what playing in WHL would actually accomplish. Yeah, he would no doubt score points. Probably get confidence back. But at junior level, Lambert would have no incentive to fix his flaws (lack of teamplay, lack of hockey IQ) and he could get by just with his skating alone. But of course, in 2 seasons he played in Liiga, he didn't impove on his flaws much either. So, I think both WHL and Liiga are bad ideas. Should go to AHL.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
What did you expect then a TOP10 pick after all that regression etc?.
Lambert should be happy of that he went even 30rd overall and STILL 1st round.

The rude and brutal fact is that few pics later ( If Jets, Lightning and Oilers would've passed him )
he would've been 2nd round pick sad but true and raw but honest.

Well i expected a higher pick, just like everyone else pretty much. Lambert was also amazibg on U20 WC before It got stopped.

He hasn't been effective in Liiga but he's still played pretty well and his talent is really clear for everyone watching him. One of the best, if not the best skater of his draft class aswell.

Like Finnish media has written, his dad should really stay back now. If Jets can handle and develope him accordingly, they got a player with very high ceiling.

Reactions: hn777

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Still don't understand what playing in WHL would actually accomplish. Yeah, he would no doubt score points. Probably get confidence back. But at junior level, Lambert would have no incentive to fix his flaws (lack of teamplay, lack of hockey IQ) and he could get by just with his skating alone. But of course, in 2 seasons he played in Liiga, he didn't impove on his flaws much either. So, I think both WHL and Liiga are bad ideas. Should go to AHL.

I think the Jets will get him in camp and go from there. See where he is at mentally, physically and skill wise and if it looks like he needs a lot of work then Seattle is a good place to spend a year. Solid org who should be a contender in the league. Going there will be more about boosting his confidence. If the Jets feel he is physically ready for NA pro then the AHL is an option too.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The AHL can be pretty intimidating for underage players. Not the best option for a young player who is struggling with confidence, and perhaps maturity. Is a decent option for those prospects who are stronger and more mature than average.

Reactions: hn777

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The AHL can be pretty intimidating for underage players. Not the best option for a young player who is struggling with confidence, and perhaps maturity. Is a decent option for those prospects who are stronger and more mature than average.

Eh, worked out for Perfetti, even though he was smaller and not the best skater. Obviously all the hockey IQ in the world helped Perfetti, but the Moose will be a good team next year so he wouldn't have the weight of the world on his shoulders there.

Guess we'll see how his summer goes with WJC/Youngstars tournament/Camp etc.

He's definitely no elite talent like Riley Tufte, I'll say that.

Reactions: Thechozen1

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You have no idea what your talking about.

Sure do.

But if there’s one good thing Lambert will be extremely motivated to prove doubters wrong

Last edited:

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Just list every prospect the Jets have and call them units. Just like De Leo, Petan, Vasalainen, and all the other Jets overhyped busts. No franchise pumps their average/middling prospects like the Jets.
That's like only 4 players, De Leo and Petan weren't even 1sts. Almost all of our 1st rounders have been a hit. Any prospect can bust if a) they're not developed properly or b) they're not good enough for the NHL

Up until recently the Stars drafting in the 1st round was horrible. They drafted middle 6ers/busts with those and got lucky with late round picks. People don't forget

Last edited:

shello

Mar 5, 2011
NYC
Definitely think Lambert has what it takes to be a stud, but I'm not so sure Winnipeg is the place to develop and grow him

Reactions: Husqvarna
Dec 25, 2020
Hill Country
All I know about Brat Lambert is his name. I saw him play two games in the world juniors or something and he played very well. Or was it someone else?

Well anyways I wish him all the best in the world.

Reactions: snowkiddin

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Our director of scouting said he hopes Lambert plays in the WHL next year

He would torch the league. That should give him some confidence back.

And hopefully he stops over-relying on his speed and uses his teammates better. Some easier competition in the WHL would be a good way to let him experiment. He needs to start over.

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
He is fast but physically very very raw which forces him to play a perimeter game in a men's league. I fully understand the head scouts words about going to the WHL. He needs a bit more time to mature his body and get some confidence back on the way while playing juniors. Goes to show Liiga is not that easy of a league as some NA posters keep saying. Also, apparently he went to train in Toronto after the combine and learned that one must actually eat A LOT to grow muscle from all the training you do.

In my opinion in a best case scenario he is a top 9 roster player in two years for the Jets, but three years is a bit more realistic.

Reactions: Ippenator and hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad