C Shane Wright - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2022, 4th, SEA) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Looks like the decision is made to keep him up in the NHL this season

GM RON FRANCIS (Today):

“… Shane (Wright),… Those are five guys who, in my estimation, will play in our top nine.”

And in case it was in doubt, I did make sure to ask whether Wright would be starting the year in Seattle.

“I would believe he’s starting the season in Seattle,” Francis said.

For the whole season, for sure, I asked?

“I don’t want to draw a line in the sand, but
I would think he’s with us for the year,” Francis said. “It’s just a matter of how things go and managing it. … But I think he’ll be fine. He’s fit right in. He does a lot of good things.”

Last edited:

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
The Lafreniere treatment.
Done with this shit. Idiotic/intentional mismanagement.
He'll have to work his way up the lineup which isn't a bad thing.
It’s questionable whether he should be in the NHL at all this year. Playing bottom-6 (presumably sub-12 if not sub-10 minutes a game) in a grinding role is definitively the worst possible position for his development.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Done with this shit. Idiotic/intentional mismanagement.

It’s questionable whether he should be in the NHL at all this year. Playing bottom-6 (presumably sub-12 if not sub-10 minutes a game) in a grinding role is definitively the worst possible position for his development.
Agreed.

Unfortunately this kind of thinking is prevalent in hockey, no matter the generation.

Then they ask "Oh why isn't he producing??" - while the guy skates with plugs.

Always put a guy in a position to succeed. And if the team wants him to learn defense, the AHL is for that.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Been watching the game (among a few others) and he had a good first shift where he had a good takeaway that lead to a good chance but hasn’t really been seems since.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Fourth line with Donato and Kuhlmann.

What the f***ing f***.
What has he done to deserve more?

Agreed.

Unfortunately this kind of thinking is prevalent in hockey, no matter the generation.

Then they ask "Oh why isn't he producing??" - while the guy skates with plugs.

Always put a guy in a position to succeed. And if the team wants him to learn defense, the AHL is for that.
He's not eligible for the AHL

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
4:39 ice time after two periods

Edit - 6:14 total

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He's not ready for the NHL and it's been obvious for over a year.

I'm going to guess you haven't watched him much this year, the problems he had last year in keeping up with the play are entirely gone. Now he just has the issue that he is a typical 18 year old prospect and can't beat out established NHLers for ice time, though he can keep up out there.

Lmao wtf are they doing with this kid

Are we going to act like playing on the 4th line instantly ruins a player? If they do it all year then sure, but we can chill for now.

Reactions: Kearns

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I'm going to guess you haven't watched him much this year, the problems he had last year in keeping up with the play are entirely gone. Now he just has the issue that he is a typical 18 year old prospect and can't beat out established NHLers for ice time, though he can keep up out there.

Are we going to act like playing on the 4th line instantly ruins a player? If they do it all year then sure, but we can chill for now.

I've watched him plenty. Just because he's slightly improved at keeping up doesn't mean he's ready for the NHL as it's not the only issue preventing his readiness. Him being 18 and unable to beat out better players is why he's not ready for the NHL, so it's odd you're pushing back on my point while making the same point.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's not a big deal he started the year on the 4th line, but getting slightly over 6 total minutes of ice time is questionable coaching, IMO. Even the fourth line should be getting around 10-ish minutes per night.

It's kind of funny that Wright went from Luca Caputi to Dave Hakstol. It's like he's destined to forever play for a derp coach.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I've watched him plenty. Just because he's slightly improved at keeping up doesn't mean he's ready for the NHL as it's not the only issue preventing his readiness. Him being 18 and unable to beat out better players is why he's not ready for the NHL, so it's odd you're pushing back on my point while making the same point.

Compared to last year he's more than slightly improved.

"It's been obvious for over a year" is off track because he's facing a different problem here. On a shallower roster I do think he could make a top 9. In any case I wouldn't have him in the NHL this year for long term development reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad