C Shane Wright - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2022, 4th, SEA) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
As a fan of the team he's actually playing for at the moment. I've liked what I've seen most of the time. There have been a couple "oh shiii" moments out there, but generally he's looked good. He's getting 3rd line minutes because it's pretty well expected if he makes the opening night roster, he'll be playing on the 3rd line. They gave him some better minutes when the Kraken iced the AHL team @ Vancouver and he did alright (except when he got schooled by Pettersson).

All in all, he shows a lot of promise and definitely looks up to the task of getting a 9 game look to start the season or even outright making the squad, but (insert all general statements about development and being 18 here).

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He didn’t look like he belonged in the slightest. They need to send him back and let him try again to dominate the minors. The streets of the NHL are paved with the bodies of young players brought along too fast. Not to mention joining a bad team that is trying to bring along a different prospect as a center already.

Dropping to 4 took away the stigma of sending him back anyway. Go see if he does what he didn’t do last year in an easy league before trying to have him jump to the highest level of hockey in the world.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
He didn’t look like he belonged in the slightest. They need to send him back and let him try again to dominate the minors. The streets of the NHL are paved with the bodies of young players brought along too fast. Not to mention joining a bad team that is trying to bring along a different prospect as a center already.

Dropping to 4 took away the stigma of sending him back anyway. Go see if he does what he didn’t do last year in an easy league before trying to have him jump to the highest level of hockey in the world.
Did you actually watch any of the games? Seattle has looked pretty good this preseason. Their team is very in sync. Matty Beniers is their best player. I don’t think he really needs much babying. He’s sensational and can play in all situations.

It’s not like Wright had a bad year last year in the OHL. He was far and away the best draft eligible in the OHL. As of right now, he has looked good in the preseason. He’s still adjusting to the pace of play and does make mistakes. But man, he’s made some good plays in the offensive zone. I’ve been impressed with his skill and definitely still think he should’ve gone 1st overall.

He needs to adjust to the pace of play a bit better and he needs to bulk up. He definitely has looked like an NHLer to me at times and has gotten better throughout preseason. I’m just not sure we are watching the same thing.

Last edited:

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
another bad game for him,, no determination

watching Slaf dominate against the Leafs tonight makes me really comfortable about choosing Slaf over Wright

legitmately you can just see it in Slaf's eyes that hes hungry for the puck and when you look at wright he just looks confused. Slaf dominated on the boards and behind the net tonight and really in the third he made that goal happen by walking the Leafs D and taking the puck hard to the net

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

If only he could be as determined to play as you are determined to make sure people don't think that Montreal picked the wrong guy.

You do realize how transparent your attempt is to virtually everyone?

He looks weak af out there. Total non-factor.

:laugh: You again.:laugh:

I could tell you that Wright is playing tomorrow night (when he's not) and you'd show up here to tell everyone that Wright played poorly.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
:laugh: You again.:laugh:

I could tell you that Wright is playing tomorrow night (when he's not) and you'd show up here to tell everyone that Wright played poorly.
Watched the whole game, Beniers looked fantastic. They're not going to play Wright tomorrow because they're sheltering him.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Admittedly I wanted this guy for the Habs, and still think he has 40 goal potential. Kessel - like wrister and plays a more complete game.

Clearly he isn't what people thought he could be at 14/15, but Kessel wasn't either

Last edited:

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal

watching Slaf dominate against the Leafs tonight makes me really comfortable about choosing Slaf over Wright

legitmately you can just see it in Slaf's eyes that hes hungry for the puck and when you look at wright he just looks confused. Slaf dominated on the boards and behind the net tonight and really in the third he made that goal happen by walking the Leafs D and taking the puck hard to the net
Man, you're embarrassing the whole fanbase. Please, stop it.

He looks weak af out there. Total non-factor.
And you too.. Please guys. Just enjoy hockey.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
I think he looked fine. Great defensive plays. Made a great pass to Eberle for a great chance. Needs to get more confident carrying the puck but he looks good

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I think he looked fine. Great defensive plays. Made a great pass to Eberle for a great chance. Needs to get more confident carrying the puck but he looks good

I've liked his game so far. not as much as my morning coffee and a few MTL posters and their ass-clownery. It's been typical entertaining hf noise and nonsense.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

Can't send him to the minors but juniors might be a good idea.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal

Dude PLEASE just stop :(

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

You're the worst poster on the entire boards , give your head a shake , making every habs fan look like a clown out here

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
They should keep Wright up, plays an NHL style already. Don't know how good he'll end up but I think you can have in your lineup without hurting it too much. This roster isn't in contention mode anyways.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
They should keep Wright up, plays an NHL style already. Don't know how good he'll end up but I think you can have in your lineup without hurting it too much. This roster isn't in contention mode anyways.
I think he needs to get stronger on the puck. He should go back and take the extra year of development.

Reactions: slumpy43

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005

Your opinion is bad.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
I think he needs to get stronger on the puck. He should go back and take the extra year of development.
He definitely needs to get stronger in general. But, I do think that he has the skill to play now. He makes mistakes out of too much urgency to make a play due to his size. But, the creativity and playmaking is there.

He’ll get 9 games and we’ll know for sure if he should play all year.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010

He should go back as punishment for not playing that one season.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Few things i have noticed from HF messages.

He is able to play defense at NHL level.
His offensive zone abilities are not yet par with what is required at NHL level.

Do the Kraken need him?, i mean, does he make the line up better
Is it smart to rush him to the NHL?, should he develop more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad