C Shane Wright - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2022, 4th, SEA) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Really glad he fell to Seattle, he'll be the best player in the draft class and Seattle deserved it after losing out in these lotteries

Wright and Beniers is a 1 2 punch at centre you can run with for a generation

Losing out? Seattle moved up one spot in 2021. And why would they deserve it? They should have tanked in 2021, they failed to fail.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
How many points he has scored so far in the NHL preseason?
How many scoring changes he has had/created?
Has he really played well enough to get a spot from Kraken line up?

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
did not know, seems sort of weird that the CHL has the power to stop a person from getting an education.
It's actually the NCAA rules, they consider CHL contracts "professional" contracts since they pay players a wage and thus void any players amateur status.

Also for Wright it's NHL or OHL, no Europe or College.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Another uneventful game for Wright, he had a couple of weak shots in the first but otherwise he was a non-factor.
Definitely disagree with that sentiment. I watched him thoroughly all game and every preseason game so far. I thought he looked good and definitely showed signs that would indicate production at the nhl level. Good mind for the game, nhl level skating, deceptive shot, and adapting well to the pace of play. I like his tools a lot.
I believe he has an assist off of a rebound he generated on the power play. If he makes the team, I suspect the majority of his offense will come from there. He has looked better every game.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
did not know, seems sort of weird that the CHL has the power to stop a person from getting an education.
It's the NCAA 's choice not the CHL.

More like, seems kinda weird the NCAA considers less than minimum wage a "professional contract" and thus deems said players ineligible

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
In three games he's averaging below 15 minutes TOI. Habs fans would be very upset about his usage. He looks weak out there.

Since it's Seattle and they suck maybe he will make the team.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Seriously pretty embarrassing to come in here trashing him just because his team picked someone else :laugh:

I'd imagine Wright has been just as impressive as Slafkovsky, if not more
So far id say the top 4 haven't really shown anything that makes them stand out amongst each other. Each showing glimpses of potential but nothing earth shattering enough to rank one of them higher then the others.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
In three games he's averaging below 15 minutes TOI. Habs fans would be very upset about his usage. He looks weak out there.

Since it's Seattle and they suck maybe he will make the team.

This sounds like you being bitter because Slafkovsky's looked bad so far for Montreal.

Has Wright dominated? No. But he's had some nice touches out there. He made a nice one-touch pass to Sprong tonight that resulted in a decent chance for Sprong.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
This sounds like you being bitter because Slafkovsky's looked bad so far for Montreal.

Has Wright dominated? No. But he's had some nice touches out there. He made a nice one-touch pass to Sprong tonight that resulted in a decent chance for Sprong.
No I'm actually very impressed by Slafkovsky. The guy just turned 18 years old a few months ago and he's 6'3 230. Lots of room to grow.

Reactions: SlafCaufield

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
For his sake he and his agent should be demanding a trade out of Kingston if that happens. Kingston's a graveyard when it comes to actually developing players to their potential, especially with Luca "what's a system?" Caputi back as head coach.
Now THATS a name I never thought I’d see again.

I remember a time he was viewed fairly highly by Pens fans.

Seems his coaching days have gone as well as his NHL days

No I'm actually very impressed by Slafkovsky. The guy just turned 18 years old a few months ago and he's 6'3 230. Lots of room to grow.
The taller and heavier you are means the better you are at hockey?

Reactions: Hemsky001

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

His energy is night and day from last year and he's much quicker. I think he could hang in the NHL if the Kraken needed a center but he's probably not going to produce much at 5v5 this year and could use another year in junior to get stronger on the puck. I'm really impressed with how much his energy has improved but like most kids his age he still needs to get a lot stronger and work on protecting the puck.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
His energy is night and day from last year and he's much quicker. I think he could hang in the NHL if the Kraken needed a center but he's probably not going to produce much at 5v5 this year and could use another year in junior to get stronger on the puck. I'm really impressed with how much his energy has improved but like most kids his age he still needs to get a lot stronger and work on protecting the puck.
He was a lot quicker, you're right. Going back to the the OHL right quick like.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
He's been decent enough, deserving of a 9-game stint and is probably 50/50 to crack an NHL roster after that. My preference for all 18-year-old players not named McDavid is more development time in junior. So, we shall see how it goes. I've liked his game.

Reactions: Sagikev and Wats
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad