C Shane Wright - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2022, 4th, SEA) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Looking back on that draft Jones should have been picked at 3 so really not that far off.

Let's hope this year plays out similarly

No, New Jersey passed on him as well.

You think of it was Alex barkov available at 2 new jersey passes because they have hischier? Come on.

Wright will never be Barkov. It's obvious.

Wright will be a good NHLer but NJ didn't need a good nhler center. They already have them.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
It was an unbelievable couple weeks leading up to here, being insulted because we had actually watched these players. I got a warning and cant like any posts anymore because I had to defend myself against Habs fans losing their minds on me. For saying that Wright didnt have a great year and didnt think he was going first OA.

This is probably the best thing that could have happened to Wright. Light a fire under him. See that guy I saw two years ago.
There was a lot of embarrassing posts by some hab posters on this section of the boards. This forum always takes a nose dive in quality once the lottery happens because fans that don't pay attention to prospects at all, will suddenly come and chime in acting like they know these players when all they really do is look at their elite prospect page. This year it was taken to another level though.

The majority wouldn't even try and have a civil conversation about it. There were so many conspiracies out there going against the habs to try and down play Wright! I remember one poster saying that Bob McKenzie ruined the draft for him because he didn't have Wright first overall 🤣

Hopefully these people take this as a learning lesson.

Good luck to Wright and his future. Hopefully he starts to show more of what he had in his 15/16 year old season.

Last edited:

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
There was a lot of embarrassing posts by some hab posters on this section of the boards. This forum always takes a nose dive in quality once the lottery happens because fans that don't pay attention to prospects at all, will suddenly come and chime in acting like they know these players when all they really do is look at their elite prospect page. This year it was taken to another level though.

The majority wouldn't even try and have a civil conversation about. There were so many conspiracies out there going against the habs to try and down play Wright! I remember one poster saying that Bob McKenzie ruined the draft for him because he didn't have Wright first overall 🤣

Hopefully these people take this as a learning lesson.

Good luck to Wright and his future. Hopefully he starts to show more of what he had in his 15/16 year old season.
It’s some bizarre behavior by Habs fans. Wright was getting “attacked” by others only because Montreal won the lottery, but now that Montreal passes on him he now sucks apparently. :laugh:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Damn damn damn. I wanted Wright in Montreal but I am starting to see why he fell. Just something is off with him.
Yeah, now you see it lol. Just unbelievable. He hasnt played a hockey game in the last 24 hours. Thats what posters were judging him on, his on ice play.

Good value pick by Seattle. I think their closest rival got the best value pick in Lekkerimaki. Will be interesting to see these two players go head to head for years to come.

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
Perfect for Wright. In Montreal if he had a slow start, and looked sluggish and low energy, the fans would have destroyed him worse than they did Brisebois.
In Seattle, there is little pressure. And considering he went 4th, and Beniers 2nd, there isn't any pressure on Wright to become a #1 centre. If he becomes a good #2 centre, Seattle will be happy.
I'm happy for the kid that he escaped the Montreal fishbowl.
Also, going 4th could be humbling for him, and he'll have a burr under his saddle / chip on his shoulder, and work harder.

Reactions: majormajor

shaner82

Apr 18, 2017
Copy paste but this kid needs to get his priorities straight or he has issues, the biggest night of your life so far and you're too busy staring down the habs table lolll

There's a better angle out there but I can't find anymore, someone post it if you have it.

Arizona deserved the staredown more, they drafted another center projected lower than him, that's even more disrespectful than what the habs did :laugh:

Nobody knows where he was looking or why. It's nothing but people looking for something to talk about.
But lets pretend we do know and he did stare down the Habs table. That shows he has fire inside of him and he's likely going to be determined to show them they f***ed up. In what world is that a bad thing?

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
I had no idea that so many of us here were trained and practicing phycologists and psychiatrists. We should use our skills to examine our politicians and their enablers more carefully.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
And by the way compare his poor attitude, mental instability, laziness and whatever the hell else you want to throw in to kids drafted in other major sports. Wright is a real hardened criminal.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Nobody knows where he was looking or why. It's nothing but people looking for something to talk about.
But lets pretend we do know and he did stare down the Habs table. That shows he has fire inside of him and he's likely going to be determined to show them they f***ed up. In what world is that a bad thing?

Yeah I don't get the outcry over that moment either, seems like some pundits are trying to stir up controversy over absolutely nothing. :help:

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
And by the way compare his poor attitude, mental instability, laziness and whatever the hell else you want to throw in to kids drafted in other major sports. Wright is a real hardened criminal.

Wright had the craziest look in his eyes at the draft :(

I wish the habs had taken him even more now - im feeling serious doubts about Slaf but I dont really follow prospects enough to question the Habs management on this they must have seen something about both players

I think the fact that two other teams passed on him has opened a few eyes to the possibility that he was not a can't miss prospect

to be fair that helped me too - I was kind of watching those first 4 picks in a complete state of disbelief

I still wish we had taken the centre at 1 but im really hoping im wrong

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
giphy.gif

The Habs will live to regret denying Shane his birthWright

Last edited:

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
giphy.gif

The Habs will live to regret denying Shane his birthWright

I was not big on Wright at all but I'm also a natural Habs hater, so hoping these biases cancel each other out when I say I love this. Good for him.

If being passed over motivates him to make the 3 teams that passed on him regret their choice, most notably the Habs who he obviously expected to take him, then Seattle is going to be a big winner, Shane himself clearly, and provide a great NHL storyline for years.

The only thing I want to know is, when is the next time the Kraken visit Montreal? Must-watch TV.

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
Kraken getting their first rivalry going on with Montreal. Gonna be interesting to watch how Beniers - Wright-duo deals with Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Caufield first line. Interesting times.

Both teams are not gonna have any kind of outstanding teams so should be interesting rivalry next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad