C Shane Wright - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2022, 4th, SEA) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
FXGEdyOX0AE_ccF

Ah poor kid. He seemed really happy and "all in" into becoming a Habs.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Copy paste but this kid needs to get his priorities straight or he has issues, the biggest night of your life so far and you're too busy staring down the habs table lolll

There's a better angle out there but I can't find anymore, someone post it if you have it.

Arizona deserved the staredown more, they drafted another center projected lower than him, that's even more disrespectful than what the habs did :laugh:

In all the interviews I've seen him in he seemed pretty cocky and arrogant and self-entitled to go 1st overall, all the other franchise players in history were pretty modest, and he had a lot of bravado when interviewed , this might of shied a few teams away

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
When he didn't go 1st overall, i saw some pretty disappointed face,
when he fell off the top 3?, i saw tears in his eyes.
- also, that after the selection sportsnet interview, super awkward,
beyond nervous and confused

When a player says before the draft; i deserve to go 1st...

That said, good player in the making, skilled, two way center,
Seattle got a good one.

However, i smell a d-bag personality
Laine and Eichel (although, I believe Eichel only said it in private interviews) said the same thing. Neither have really lived up to it though.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Honestly, it’s pretty wild, borderline unprecedented, for an expected 1st overall to go 4th. Some weird reactions from him is understandable, this would be massively embarrassing and I’m sure he’s shook.

Could you imagine going through some shit like that? Pretty much since bantam being seen as ''the next one'' and then having 3 teams be all like ''nah get f***ed m8.'' It sounds silly to get rattled over going 4th overall, but to Shane, this is his first taste of failure. Very interesting to see how he responds.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Love his confidence. Huge moment for the Kraken. I had him #2 on my list behind Nemec. Montreal missed here.

• Haha
Reactions: Jeune Poulet

pelderhostiga

May 2, 2014
Reminds me of the 2013 draft when Seth Jones fell to #4. I would argue that he's at least a good player in the NHL, and there is no doubt in my mind that so will Wright be.

TheRumble

Feb 19, 2009
People talk about this a lot but BPA is rarely ever as defined as they think it is. You're comparing guys who played in the OHL, QMJHL, WHL, NCAA, USHL, Finland, Sweden, Russia, Czech Republic, Slovakia now, Germany, Switzerland etc. Cale Makar if you'll remember was drafted out of the AJHL. That's a league that's been around since 1963 and has produced 200 NHL players, in it's 59 year history. The WHL by comparison had 130 guys playing in the league just last year alone.

It is reallly difficult to determine who the actual BPA is in a given draft slot since they're all being judge in wildly different leagues. This is why I never got too deep into the prospects game, it's way too hard to judge.

In most years, the BPA is really only defined in the Top 3, sometimes just the Top 2 draft slots and there's a few drafts where there really isn't a defined BPA. It seems like this was such a draft.

Point of all this is to say, relax with the hot takes.

GM Armchair

Dec 16, 2019
Wright is an absolute stub. You are extremely lucky Kraken fans. This will truely test this kids mental strength going through this. Hopefully he comes out ontop which I’m sure he will.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
It was an unbelievable couple weeks leading up to here, being insulted because we had actually watched these players. I got a warning and cant like any posts anymore because I had to defend myself against Habs fans losing their minds on me. For saying that Wright didnt have a great year and didnt think he was going first OA.

This is probably the best thing that could have happened to Wright. Light a fire under him. See that guy I saw two years ago.
I agree 100%

Reactions: majormajor

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
The only team that really passed on him was Arizona (they took another center).

Mtl chose the winger because of the Dach's acquisition and NJ didn't need a center at all and went with the most nhl ready d-man.

That's not a knock against Wright.

Reactions: Team_Spirit

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Reminds me of the 2013 draft when Seth Jones fell to #4. I would argue that he's at least a good player in the NHL, and there is no doubt in my mind that so will Wright be.
Looking back on that draft Jones should have been picked at 3 so really not that far off.

Let's hope this year plays out similarly

The only team that really passed on him was Arizona (they took another center).

Mtl chose the winger because of the Dach's acquisition and NJ didn't need a center at all and went with the most nhl ready d-man.

That's not a knock against Wright.
No, New Jersey passed on him as well.

You think of it was Alex barkov available at 2 new jersey passes because they have hischier? Come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad