C Shane Wright - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2022, 4th, SEA) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Why shouldn't he feel like telling the Habs to shove it up their ass? Good for him. Montreal's pick better out perform Wright or they will have one pissed off fan base. Can't wait to see them go head to head in a few years.

It all depends on his play from now on. If he goes on a rampage and tears the league a new one, that video clip will have a very different meaning than if he becomes just another 2nd line center.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I’m just glad that the first round is over.

I don’t have to hear about every little thing that pop in Canadiens fans heads any more.

The prospect section can now be de-cluttered from grown men arguing day and night about “Mr.Exeptional Status” and how there was a clear #1 option, scoffing at all the knowledge posters on this site that had clearly watched these prospects and formed their own opinions on the players from watching film - these posters trying their best to get Habs fans off their high horse to no avail.

The prospect section can be a place of harmony again.

Wright in Seattle will be great for him - zero pressure environment with all the opportunities in the world to succeed.
It was an unbelievable couple weeks leading up to here, being insulted because we had actually watched these players. I got a warning and cant like any posts anymore because I had to defend myself against Habs fans losing their minds on me. For saying that Wright didnt have a great year and didnt think he was going first OA.

This is probably the best thing that could have happened to Wright. Light a fire under him. See that guy I saw two years ago.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Copy paste but this kid needs to get his priorities straight or he has issues, the biggest night of your life so far and you're too busy staring down the habs table lolll

There's a better angle out there but I can't find anymore, someone post it if you have it.

Arizona deserved the staredown more, they drafted another center projected lower than him, that's even more disrespectful than what the habs did :laugh:

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
When he didn't go 1st overall, i saw some pretty disappointed face,
when he fell off the top 3?, i saw tears in his eyes.
- also, that after the selection sportsnet interview, super awkward,
beyond nervous and confused

When a player says before the draft; i deserve to go 1st...

That said, good player in the making, skilled, two way center,
Seattle got a good one.

However, i smell a d-bag personality

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Honestly, it’s pretty wild, borderline unprecedented, for an expected 1st overall to go 4th. Some weird reactions from him is understandable, this would be massively embarrassing and I’m sure he’s shook.

Jun 15, 2007
Copy paste but this kid needs to get his priorities straight or he has issues, the biggest night of your life so far and you're too busy staring down the habs table lolll

There's a better angle out there but I can't find anymore, someone post it if you have it.

Arizona deserved the staredown more, they drafted another center projected lower than him, that's even more disrespectful than what the habs did :laugh:

Don't pretend you wouldn't love what he did if you were a Seattle fan.

Reactions: NiagaraKraken

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
I think it boils down to the classic kid who thought he had everything in the bag and stopped working on his craft. It’s a two way street for him now. Either sulk and complain and be a fraction of what you are supposed to be or work hard and show the same ethic you had when scouts were clamoring for you years ago

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
This is the best thing that could have happened to Shane Wright. He is going to need some time to get up to speed in the NHL. He plays an intelligent but passive game that was not going to endear him to Habs fans that had ridiculous expectations. They destroy players that disappoint them. Seattle will love him and let him develop.

For a player that often times lacked energy this season, finding reasons to be motivated can be a good thing. He should take it personally, like Michael Jordan would, and put some fuel on the fire.

Mohar Ikram

Dec 27, 2021
Muadzam Shah, Pahang, Malaysia
I think he falls to 4th to Kraken is a good blessing on him.

- Less pressure to impress.
- No extra expectation on contending when the team still try to get to used to the competition.
- More room and time for growth for a baby team in existence.
- Direct 1C ice time from the start and if he shows it consistently, he can easily proves the other three team wrong.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It'll be interesting what Seattle does with him. Probably back to junior, but I hope for both Wright's and Seattle's sake it's not back to Kingston. Get that trade request in pronto so Luca "I only got the job because the other guy left and the owner is too cheap to spend on a coach with experience" Caputi doesn't handle his career for another season.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Something about his face is off to me. He reminds me of Chucky the murderous doll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad