C Shane Wright (2022, 4th, SEA) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
He's mailing it in so he can get back to the Kraken in time for the playoffs :)

I hear that all Shane Wright is thinking about right now is getting that NHL paycheck soon and feasting on chowder and crab rolls when he gets back rather the same-old pasta that his billet family makes every week.

luapejrug

Jan 24, 2023
Starting around 2018-2019, 3-4 years before Wright was drafted, I saw many things on HF Boards that were along the lines of:

"Canada is going to be unstoppable in the future. McDavid, Wright, and Bedard all down the middle. Three generational players".

Over the last 1-2 years, Wright has obviously completely fallen off the wagon.

He didn't look at all NHL-ready during the games he played for the Kraken this season.

He also hasn't dominated OHL hockey the last 2 seasons when it has mattered (the playoffs).
jeez the toxicity in here lol.

"Wright has obviously completely fallen off the wagon"???

I'm guessing you watched every game he played for the Kraken?

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
jeez the toxicity in here lol.

"Wright has obviously completely fallen off the wagon"???

I'm guessing you watched every game he played for the Kraken?
No, I didn't watch every game he played for the Kraken.

But from all reports, he looked like someone who was completely out of his league.

luapejrug

Jan 24, 2023
No, I didn't watch every game he played for the Kraken.

But from all reports, he looked like someone who was completely out of his league.
Which reports? Completely out of his league?

He obviously wasn't going to get more playing time than the other centers Seattle has (Beniers, Wennberg, Gourde) but what is it with these buzzwords like "completely out of his league" and
"completely fallen off the wagon"? What do you think he projects like at the NHL level in a few years?

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
If forced to do a redraft, I wouldn’t take him top 5, but I actually wouldnt quite take Slaf or Nemec top 5 either - Cooley, Jiricek, Hutson, Kasper and Minty have impressed me most so far
22 is looking pretty good. I think a case can be made in the top 5 for Kulich, Snuggerud, Gauthier, and Luneau as well.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
22 is looking pretty good. I think a case can be made in the top 5 for Kulich, Snuggerud, Gauthier, and Luneau as well.
This is exactly how everyone said the '22 draft would go. Lots of steals because there were like 20 kids in the same tier in the first round.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Yeah, all good picks too. I don’t think any players have truly separated from the pack yet, there’s a tonne of different guys you could make top 5 (or top 10) arguments for in the 2022 draft, including Wright.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Wright and the Spitfires are the first ever 1 seed to be swept by an 8 seed.

As I have already stated Kitchener isn’t your typical #8 seed but history doesn’t care about context.

No doubt this leaves a stain on him moving forward.

He played well, not #1 overall pick well but he was one of only a few kids that were able to create anything for Windsor.

Here’s hoping he makes Seattle next season.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I clearly y remember him being an alpha when his teams needed him the most, and against men no less. Not 8th place OHL teams.
Just glancing for 5 minutes at your “Wright history“ and you really did a 180 on this player.

Slafkovksy drives play though, right? What an absurd take. Both these players are dissapointments.

1967th Heaven

Aug 31, 2012
Wright and the Spitfires are the first ever 1 seed to be swept by an 8 seed.

As I have already stated Kitchener isn’t your typical #8 seed but history doesn’t care about context.

No doubt this leaves a stain on him moving forward.

He played well, not #1 overall pick well but he was one of only a few kids that were able to create anything for Windsor.

Here’s hoping he makes Seattle next season.
I can't really comment on the rest of the series but I was at the game tonight and he was INVISIBLE. I was shocked... I'm not a Wright hater, if anything I want him to succeed but wow it was bad. Not a single flash of anything, on the rare occasions he touched the puck it was basically a chip in or low pressure pass back to a dman on

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
He looked invisible today. Kept waiting for him to pick up the puck and do literally anything of notice, not once did it happen today. Couldn't do anything dynamic.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Just glancing for 5 minutes at your “Wright history“ and you really did a 180 on this player.

Slafkovksy drives play though, right? What an absurd take. Both these players are dissapointments.
Because he keeps proving he’s a loser and I’m glad he’s not on my team.

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
Sorry - you are suggesting there is potentially an argument that Nathan Gauthier could go top 5 in a redraft right now? You may be the only person in the world to think that.

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
Bad year for Shane. From dropping at the draft, failing to stick in Seattle, and now this upset. I suppose though WJC Gold helps a bit.
He was invisible in 6/7 games and was like the 6th best player on his team in a tournament where he should have been the second best player overall.

This season was supposed to be where he proves everyone wrong and makes teams look silly for passing on him but in a redraft he probably goes 5 or 6.

I wouldn’t call this season a disasterclass because he scored an NHL goal, had that nice stretch in the AHL, captained Canada to a gold and produced at solid rate in junior. It just wasn’t anything special.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad