C Shane Wright (2022, 4th, SEA) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I watched games when they were both on the ice.

Beck was better defensively and on faceoffs, so was stylistically closer to Bergeron.

I have nothing against Wright, I just don't understand why people paint him as a Bergeron type player. He doesn't play like him at all.
Nah he was “stylistically closer to a Tomas Nosek” than a Bergeron.

Beck will offer little to no offense, Wright will be a 2C at minimum in the NHL level.

Wright played amazing defensively at this tournament. He was an absolute puck hound and was breaking up plays all tournament long while also offering decent offense.

If he plays like that in the NHL he’s going to have a great career.

Reactions: Mr Buckles

ijuka

May 14, 2016

Beck will offer little to no offense, Wright will be a 2C at minimum in the NHL level.

Wright played amazing defensively at this tournament. He was an absolute puck hound and was breaking up plays all tournament long while also offering decent offense.

Played amazing defensively? If I just look at plus/minus, Bedard was +14 while Wright was +0, on Team Canada.

I know plus/minus isn't end all be all but hard to imagine a player could possibly play amazing defense for Team Canada and be +/- 0. And he was a PPG so it's not just due to nonexistent offense.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Played amazing defensively? If I just look at plus/minus, Bedard was +14 while Wright was +0, on Team Canada.

I know plus/minus isn't end all be all but hard to imagine a player could possibly play amazing defense for Team Canada and be +/- 0. And he was a PPG so it's not just due to nonexistent offense.
Most of his offensive production was on the PP which doesn't reflect into +/-.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Habs fans going from defending Wright to arguing that Beck is better in a matter of months is hilarious.

Anyways, his play improved over the course of the tournament, culminating in being the best Canadian in the final. Hopefully he ends the year strong with a contender and a shot at a Memorial Cup.

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
Habs fans going from defending Wright to arguing that Beck is better in a matter of months is hilarious.

Anyways, his play improved over the course of the tournament, culminating in being the best Canadian in the final. Hopefully he ends the year strong with a contender and a shot at a Memorial Cup.
They ran out of ammo with Slaf being better? It's just stupid to bring Beck into this thread.

Both of them should not be in NHL at this point. Too early for them.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
The real future Bergeron from that Canada team is Owen Beck.
You can't be serious? Hab fans expectations of Beck are ridiculously high. I watched him quite a bit prior to the draft. Solid player. Great skater. But just a guy. Likely will fit in really well on a 3rd line in the NHL. Sounds like a Kotkaenemi unfounded optimism.

Reactions: Realgud

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
You can't be serious? Hab fans expectations of Beck are ridiculously high. I watched him quite a bit prior to the draft. Solid player. Great skater. But just a guy. Likely will fit in really well on a 3rd line in the NHL. Sounds like a Kotkaenemi unfounded optimism.

Only meant stylistically

It's possible. Shane Wright is a case of Dr Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde. He looked more dynamic in his 16 years old season, and still shows flashes like his goal yesterday. If he can put it together, then yeah, Wright is gonna be a great player.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Was that final game the best game ever from Wright? Pretty much the best I've ever seen him play. I hope he can build some confidence from that performance and reach the next level in his development.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I mean Tavares was like twice the player that Wright is as a prospect.
Easily

Guenther ?

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I was a bit surprised he's going to chl... Ha had 2 goals in 2 AHL games and was an absolute stud last night.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
This is 100% the correct move. Would have been an awful idea to keep him in the NHL the rest of the season

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

Did you even watch the games? Wright was all over the puck.

Bedard was +14 because he was an offensive machine, certainly not because of any defensive play.

I can’t believe people still use +/- to show who’s better defensively. In your own post, you just proved why it’s ridiculous

I was a bit surprised he's going to chl... Ha had 2 goals in 2 AHL games and was an absolute stud last night.
I don’t think he can play in the AHL any longer and he’s not good enough to the NHL yet.

Playing a ton of hockey for a contender will be a lot more beneficial than ~7mins a game every second game in the NHL

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
It was NHL or OHL for Wright.

Don’t think anyone in the loop is too surprised he‘s going back.

The good news for next season is that even though he‘s An ‘04 he is eligible to play the entire season in the AHL if that’s where Seattle sees best fit for him.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017

The good news for next season is that even though he‘s An ‘04 he is eligible to play the entire season in the AHL if that’s where Seattle sees best fit for him.
Holy f, really? Wot? How?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Did you even watch the games? Wright was all over the puck.

Bedard was +14 because he was an offensive machine, certainly not because of any defensive play.

I can’t believe people still use +/- to show who’s better defensively. In your own post, you just proved why it’s ridiculous
It amazes me how people could watch his tournament and not think Wright was strong defensively/away from the puck. If people want to criticize his offense, go for it. But anyone saying Bedard was better *defensively* than Wright either didn't watch the games or doesn't understand what they're watching.

Reactions: Ryan Van Horne

Kearns

Too good to be true, no?
Sponsor
Jun 7, 2008
Kamloops, BC

I like what Seattle has done with him this year. He got to know the franchise at the NHL level, got to play 8 games in the show, got some AHL time using the conditioning loophole, played in the WJC, took home gold as the captain, and now will likely play in the Memorial Cup. Sweet D+1 development season. Well played Seattle - as a Canuck guy I want to hate you but I can't. Damn it.

Reactions: Mr Buckles

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Depends on the Habs Fan. Most of us are expecting a 3rd line C hoping he could be a 2nd liner if he progresses well.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010

Yea Wright definitely wasn’t a puck hound. He had that one shift in the semis I think it was and a good finals, but up until, he wasn’t bad but hardly a difference maker.

He wasn’t breaking up plays all tournament long, and I’d say his offense was average up until the fjnals. Most of his points were on the PP and on the back of Bedards work

You need to learn the rules

Reactions: jfhabs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad