C Shane Wright (2022, 4th, SEA) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He will never have the will, the fire, or competitiveness to be Bergeron. He ain’t “that guy”.

Settles in as a boring 2c to a future captain in Beniers real well though.
I'm still not sure he'll even be a real 2C. He obviously could be, but he has a long way to go.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
This guys is invisible. In the TSN commentary with Duthie and others, they named Dean, Roy, Stankoven, Gaucher, Beck, Bedard of the forwards as players who stepped up and played well

Literally no mention of Wright. He had one good shift today and didn’t see him for the rest of the game

Reactions: InAG-P

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
He's not been very good. Nowhere near the player he was hyped to be, as predicted.

He's supposed to be dominating this tournament and he's been mostly invisible.
He’s been nowhere near as good as tempered expectation either.

He’s been worse than invisible at times, noticeably a step behind.

There’s an NHL player in there. Like others have said, maybe he carves a Ryan Nugent-Hopkins-esque path. I think more Derek Ryan lol.

Take the name away, using the eye test he’s looked like a 13th forward. Hell, I’ve noticed Ostapchuk more than him.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Guy's completely invisible or noticeable when he can't finish a play. So many guys outshining him at this tournament and he's one of the handful of guys with NHL experiance.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
As Hab fan that does not care for Wright, he played well in his role tonight. Defended well against the US on his backcheck. I don't think he will be a big point producer in the NHL. Maybe a 40-50 point guy max, mixed in with some solid 2 way play.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
As Hab fan that does not care for Wright, he played well in his role tonight. Defended well against the US on his backcheck. I don't think he will be a big point producer in the NHL. Maybe a 40-50 point guy max, mixed in with some solid 2 way play.
Shane Wright's floor is probably 40-50 points. Bedard is just on another level and has stolen the spotlight at the World Juniors. He's the best prospect since McDavid quite easily. I think you are undermining Wright. He isn't really NHL ready and still had 2 points in 8 games while averaging only 8 minutes and 30 seconds a game in icetime. Slafkovsky is averaging 1 point every 3 games while playing roughly 3 minutes more a game than Wright. Wright has 4 goals in 5 games in the AHL which is great for 19 years old. That's where he should be playing this year but can't because he is too young and it's either the NHL or OHL for him. I expect Seattle will send him back to Kingston after World Juniors so they don't burn a year of his ELC. I think Wright can have Nico Hischier like impact on the game being a good 2 way 1st line center. 80-90 point upside for Wright seems more likely than 40-50.

Reactions: Kearns

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Shane Wright's floor is probably 40-50 points. Bedard is just on another level and has stolen the spotlight at the World Juniors. He's the best prospect since McDavid quite easily. I think you are undermining Wright. He isn't really NHL ready and still had 2 points in 8 games while averaging only 8 minutes and 30 seconds a game in icetime. Slafkovsky is averaging 1 point every 3 games while playing roughly 3 minutes more a game than Wright. Wright has 4 goals in 5 games in the AHL which is great for 19 years old. That's where he should be playing this year but can't because he is too young and it's either the NHL or OHL for him. I expect Seattle will send him back to Kingston after World Juniors so they don't burn a year of his ELC. I think Wright can have Nico Hischier like impact on the game being a good 2 way 1st line center. 80-90 point upside for Wright seems more likely than 40-50.
To me, I’ve seen nothing in past year that says he will be 80-90 point centre. That would be a top 10 centre in the league.

In this tournament alone, one that he should be dominating, he’s been mostly invisible and 3-4 of his points were all because of Bedard. He had a good shift this game but I’ve not seen him push play or drive his line.

Saw a Dvorak comparison further up here. I think that’s pretty good one. He’s an nhl player obviously but just very vanilla.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This guys is invisible. In the TSN commentary with Duthie and others, they named Dean, Roy, Stankoven, Gaucher, Beck, Bedard of the forwards as players who stepped up and played well

Literally no mention of Wright. He had one good shift today and didn’t see him for the rest of the game
Must be a Habs fan. Gaucher squandered a bunch of opportunities. Only time I noticed Beck was the odd body check and poor puck management. Ostapchuk was quite clearly the best of the secondary/grinder group followed by Dean. Both played with enough speed and net drive to make things happen.

Wright has flashes but he is going to have to recognize he won't be anything unless he increases his work rate, and compete. He isn't skilled enough to create offense off of skill alone. I don't know if he has it in him. But he did show it when he wanted to move his feet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rude Dog

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Must be a Habs fan. Gaucher squandered a bunch of opportunities. Only time I noticed Beck was the odd body check and poor puck management. Ostapchuk was quite clearly the best of the secondary/grinder group followed by Dean. Both played with enough speed and net drive to make things happen.

Wright has flashes but he is going to have to recognize he won't be anything unless he increases his work rate, and compete. He isn't skilled enough to create offense off of skill alone. I don't know if he has it in him. But he did show it when he wanted to move his feet.
I mean I’m just repeating what the TSN broadcast said . No mention of Wright and they mentioned all those other players

jfhabs

May 21, 2015

Beck didn't play a lot, but he played very well.
He also had a few very nice feeds to Fantilli, one of which ended up being the Clarke goal.
Not sure what you expect out of 8:42 of ice time....

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Hate to be that guy, but he reminds me of Curtis Lazar. The Curtis Lazar who captained Canada.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Nah, he did well, but no one really stood out as the clear best depth forward for Canada.

Also, he quoted tsn and you took that as an insult to a sens prospect. Seems kinda odd.

You're right though Gaucher struggled and not sure if he's injured or just really that slow.

If someone reading this is a Seattle fan, I wouldn't worry yet. Cody Hodgson looked like a future stud in the NHL and he wasn't even decent within a short time period.

Ad

Ad

Ad