C Shane Wright (2022, 4th, SEA) Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Neither would be easy since he had opposing players on both sides. There is a good chance he turns it over on both.
Yeah but at least then it's turned over along the boards. If he's not able to advance it along either the right wall or behind the net, he should probably just eat the puck and let his teammates help fish it out.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I think he will be traded, too. I've heard whispers of Peterborough. Just a hunch it's Ottawa?
If have gotten hints of that Marrelli is on his way out and that Ottawa is getting Wright - that being said, he can’t be moved until after he gets eliminated in the WJC - if Peterborough Offers up Van Volsen between now and then no one can beat that, unless Ottawa offers up Mews

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Canada put on a pathetic performance. One of the worst in history of Canada games. Not shocking considering who their captian is. Nice he was able to look decent on the stat side for himself.

Let's just hope other leaders and the collective group can come together and take home gold despite of Shane.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Willy89

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Canada put on a pathetic performance. One of the worst in history of Canada games. Not shocking considering who their captian is. Nice he was able to look decent on the stat side for himself.

Let's just hope other leaders and the collective group can come together and take home gold despite of Shane.
LOL! Can you elaborate on how Shane Wright's leadership affected the group or are you just another sour Habs fan blowing smoke out your wazoo? Are you saying he should have stepped in between Zach Dean and the Czechia player to keep him from drawing a five-minute major? Or, better yet, maybe he should have strapped on the pads and shown Ben Gaudreau how to stop a puck.

Give your head a shake.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

What a weird thing to trash Wright for, especially given he had a two point night and wasn't responsible for any of the egregiously bad defensive coverage breakdowns that lead to goals against.

Or is the belief that captains tell the players when to play bad defensively or the goalies to not make saves?

Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2015
Want to root for this kid given what he has gone through the last year. But a very average game to start this tourney.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
FWIW: I believe Wright will be traded to the Ottawa 67’s following the conclusion of Team Canada’s run at the world juniors
Wouldn’t be shocked since James Boyd is in charge of selecting team Canada here. They’re also the top team in the league

If have gotten hints of that Marrelli is on his way out and that Ottawa is getting Wright - that being said, he can’t be moved until after he gets eliminated in the WJC - if Peterborough Offers up Van Volsen between now and then no one can beat that, unless Ottawa offers up Mews
Personally, I can’t see Ottawa trading Mews, he’s going to be a stud next year, potential PPG as a D and possible first rounder as well. I also can’t see Ptbo trading JVV. Marrelli makes sense

Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2015
The lack of posts here during WJC says everything. Overshadowed and playing very average. A few elite plays but not the norm shift to shift. Hopefully he turns up his compete level.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I don't think Wright is doing much less than he can when it comes to playing his game. Doing good stuff defensively and moving the puck efficiently for the most part.

There has to come a time where we can take a step back and admit, he's not THAT guy. Perhaps a high-end complimentary centre one day, perhaps a captain and a part of a championship core, but we can't keep hanging on to the early hype forever.

He does need to produce 5-on-5 soon though. That I'll agree with.

Reactions: jfhabs

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Given his draft pedigree he should be in and around Cooley point totals. Sadly, he isn't. Wright was wrong all along.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He is so underwhelming it's unbelievable. I have rarely seen him accomplish anything on the ice during the WJC so far. I realize Bedard has completely stolen the show for Canada but I am still liking some other players that are currently on the team.. Wright isn't even close to one of the ones I've liked.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I thought he was really really good against Sweden NYE. Exact game you want from him. He didn't really roll that over into last night. He can't get worked on faceoffs like he did last night again. Whole line took a step back after a really positive game against Sweden.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Seattle has to send him back to the OHL once the tournament finishes, right? He's obviously not beyond the junior level.

Oilers did it with Draisatl not sure why they can't with him. 3rd OA vs 4th OA. Both got NHL experience to learn from and he should go back and dominate, work on his confidence, and apply what he learned and come to training camp next year more focused.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad