C Shane Wright (2022, 4th, SEA) Part 4

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
There was a 4th overall pick out of the OHL named Mitch Marner that was sent back after his draft year despite being better in that league than Shane Wright ever has been.
Lies. He has learned everything about junior hockey at 18 and never getting a 100 points.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
There was a 4th overall pick out of the OHL named Mitch Marner that was sent back after his draft year despite being better in that league than Shane Wright ever has been.

and the leafs are a way more developed team that has been around for a very very very long time than Seattle has been sometimes there just isn't space for a CHL player. Seattle didn't have the way too stacked to where there isn't enough space for Wright.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
and the leafs are a way more developed team that has been around for a very very very long time than Seattle has been sometimes there just isn't space for a CHL player. Seattle didn't have the way too stacked to where there isn't enough space for Wright.
He has been healthy scratched in 4 of 9 games, is playing ~6 mins per night, and has a grand total of 1 shot in the 5 games he’s played. There isn’t really room for him in terms of actually contributing.

Also, I’m a Leafs fan, and the Leafs in Marner’s D+1 season were just as the Kraken are now.

Last edited:

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Dominating against teens does exactly what against NHLers... Look at Laf for the NYRs all he did in the quebec jr major league is dominate against teens and what exactly did that bring him as a NHL player against NHLers absolutely nothing. Laf struggled his rookie year in the NHL. Laf still wouldn't gained nothing by playing a 4th year in the jrs majors only to dominated against teens again.

That's the problem people are over selling the jr majors when it comes to developing players. It varies player to play what more jr majors can provide to a young player thats been drafted or signed as a undrafted player.

Can we stop over selling the jr majors the Jrs majors are not meant to be a development league for players that are stuck in the middle between jrs majors and the NHL and that is by design of the CHL organization.

The developmet wright actually needs which he can't get in the OHL is being delayed 2 years cause he's CHL and he lost a season of playing cause of the virus mess. He can't be in the AHL which would actually provide the development he needs until age 20 2 years later. Only option the team has is to get that development is in the NHL and there lies the problem.
Someone doesn't know how develop works clearly.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
The leafs were complete dogshit that year Marner went back to the OHL and landed Matthews at the lottery, so you cant even lie about that lol.

If a junior player isn't good enough or needs time they go back. Its really not rocket science

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Fainting Couch

Jun 21, 2019
I wouldn’t agree with that since the assistant coach for the Kraken, Paul McFarland was the head coach and GM for Kingston. If anyone would know him it would be him. If Seattle has a belief that they need to make the playoffs, because Vegas went to the Finals, well then Hakstol is coaching for his job.
André Tourigny recently said coaches have next to no input on who gets drafted.

Fainting Couch

Jun 21, 2019

Was that before or after he was a grown man? I know he is a grown man now because he just told us.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
What the hell is your problem....

No one on this messageboard knows how player development works. Just cause the taem can send wright back to the OHL doesn't mean its in the players own interest...
It's his interest to be playing games right now, which he's not. He didnt even dominate the OHL and hes not going to do shit in the NHL sitting in the pb or playing 6 mins a night.

He also missed an entire year of playing time to covid. He absolutely needs to be in the OHL. It seems like you just dont get it and everyone else does lol.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
The leafs in 2015-16 were worse than Seattle is now lol.

And Marner was WAY better than Wright.

Reactions: Samhockey3

Boner Champ

Feb 22, 2014
What the hell is your problem....

No one on this messageboard knows how player development works. Just cause the taem can send wright back to the OHL doesn't mean its in the players own interest...
Really? player development is not exactly astrophysics. I mean, many fans follow hockey enough to see patterns in player development over the years. And Wright should absolutely be somewhere he can get minutes, I don't know how that's in doubt.

Mr Buckles

Jun 6, 2018
Not sure why he's with the NHL team.
Not many can, which is why conspiracy theories are so attractive right now. I like the one posted here earlier where they think they're trying to force Kingston to trade him.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Francis put his foot in his mouth bloviating about Wright being with the club all year when it wasn't warranted at all. And clearly Hakstol never thought the same. I'm sure it's a source of friction between the two and while I'm no fan of Hakstol (didn't deserve the Kraken job, it was a terrible hire), I'd bet on him being correct over Francis.

Wright should be in the OHL as he has a lot of warts to work on. And Seattle should have never hired Hakstol or Francis.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Marek on 32 thoughts just said Shane should be 10-12 minutes, not 6....this was said by Francis. Sounds like a Hakstol problem.
Marek also said that he doesn't think Francis wants to send him to Kingston and wants to keep him for the season. Marek is very plugged in when it comes to the OHL, I think he may be getting leaked this type of stuff by the Kraken to put pressure on Kingston to move Wright's rights.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
So sending him back to the jrs to do WHAT exctly? None of us have no idea how to run a team or to actually develop players.. How will playing against teens for hte sake of playing against teens just for ice team get him any closer. Its not going to make him any more better next season cause he stil going to have the same adjusting period to NHLers. He is not going to get that adjustment by playing in the jrs for the next 2 year (yes two years cause he won't be any better than he is now to get regular top 9 mins next seaon) since he can't play in the AHL until age 20
At the very least it gives his body time to develop and that can't be underestimated in terms of importance. He's also likely learned a great deal to apply in jrs.

These are more than enough in terms of reasons to send him down. The fact he's made huuuge bank for a few weeks work as an 18 year old doesn't hurt

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
NHL teams can be incredibly impatient with their top picks. Gotta play immediately even if you're not ready just because, then later these same bozos wonder why the development didn't go as planned.

Reactions: surixon

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Seattle should be careful or this is just the start of his bust trajectory. Let him develop properly cuz if not he will remind me of Zadina, which he already does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad