C Shane Wright (2022, 4th, SEA) Part 4

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
I really dont get why you would scratch him for tonights game Pit has been horrible this whole road trip would have been a good game to throw him some minutes

Its really early in his career I wanted the habs to take Wright but after seeing Slafkovsky play im less worried about the pick being a reach

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
When are teams going to realize that MOST 18 years olds in this day and age are NOT READY for the NHL. It's extremely rare that they are, no matter if you are a 1st overall pick, 10th overall, or 30th overall. The game is faster and the players are stronger than ever. 10-30 years ago the game was slower and the players weren't as strong, which allowed skilled 18 year olds to come into the league and play well, not anymore.
To be honest, when the game opened up we saw young guys making an impact faster than ever. The late 90's clutch and grab era was way worse for stifling talent that eventually became elite.

Reactions: wetcoast

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
I really dont get why you would scratch him for tonights game Pit has been horrible this whole road trip would have been a good game to throw him some minutes

Its really early in his career I wanted the habs to take Wright but after seeing Slafkovsky play im less worried about the pick being a reach
Who do you sit? The bottom 6 was electric for Seattle tonight.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Who do you sit? The bottom 6 was electric for Seattle tonight.

true I really don't see Seattle games enough to say - they looked pretty damn good tonight against Pitt as a group

was just thinking given how weak Pit has been the whole road trip slot Wright in but yea I didnt see any Seattle players who could have sat

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
So sending him back to the jrs to do WHAT exctly? None of us have no idea how to run a team or to actually develop players.. How will playing against teens for hte sake of playing against teens just for ice team get him any closer. Its not going to make him any more better next season cause he stil going to have the same adjusting period to NHLers. He is not going to get that adjustment by playing in the jrs for the next 2 year (yes two years cause he won't be any better than he is now to get regular top 9 mins next seaon) since he can't play in the AHL until age 20.

Oh good god that is the lames take what so ever. Seattle was suprised he fell to them nothing more. There is no reluctantly...
I've seen way more kids ruined by playing in the NHL and sitting in the press box than examples of guys who went back to Jr for another year. If Mitch Marner wasn't too good for the CHL in his D+1, Shane Wright isnt' either.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
So sending him back to the jrs to do WHAT exctly? None of us have no idea how to run a team or to actually develop players.. How will playing against teens for hte sake of playing against teens just for ice team get him any closer. Its not going to make him any more better next season cause he stil going to have the same adjusting period to NHLers. He is not going to get that adjustment by playing in the jrs for the next 2 year (yes two years cause he won't be any better than he is now to get regular top 9 mins next seaon) since he can't play in the AHL until age 20.

Oh good god that is the lames take what so ever. Seattle was suprised he fell to them nothing more. There is no reluctantly...
Yeah man Drais learned nothin when he got sent back :rolleyes:

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Seattle was supposed to be the perfect landing spot in a brand new franchise with no real expectations or pressure. People did not foresee both Francis and Hakstol being incompetent.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Wright dropped because he didn’t take the expected step and the fear that his work ethic, attitude and that he flat out didn’t physically grow at all since his breakout OHL season gave cause for worry that he just developed early and didn’t have the mentality to go further.

Rewrite it all you want. Make all the excuses you want. This is what happened.

Try to figure out why everyone must have had him #1 when we know they didn’t both due to only four of the ten scouts polled having him 1 and because THREE TEAMS PASSED ON HIM IN REALITY all you want. You’re going to be wrong.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I've seen way more kids ruined by playing in the NHL and sitting in the press box than examples of guys who went back to Jr for another year. If Mitch Marner wasn't too good for the CHL in his D+1, Shane Wright isnt' either.

This would make more sense if he were playing games in either league.

I don’t disagree with your point, but he is just not playing at all. This complicates the process of improving.

Keep him and give him some minutes or send him back to juniors. Just pick one!

Reactions: 93LEAFS

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Shameful…his grandparents were there for all 3 games in Seattle this week and Wright was scratched in all 3. I get it’s a business but smells like Babcock tings almost.

Something is off I think . It’s the only explanation

Reactions: Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Before the draft this is the point I made on the Habs board to send any pick back.

Wright, Slaf, Cooley, etc aren't better than Marner and should be sent back after their 9 games.

Reactions: 93LEAFS

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Shameful…his grandparents were there for all 3 games in Seattle this week and Wright was scratched in all 3. I get it’s a business but smells like Babcock tings almost.

Something is off I think . It’s the only explanation
Most interesting/unusual is that Francis is saying, to the media, “we’re not sending him back, and I want him playing 10 mins/game”. Meanwhile Hakstol is consistently healthy scratching him, and before that was giving him ~6 mins/game.

Clearly Francis wants him to play, but Hakstol doesn’t want to play him, surprisingly public lack of alignment between those two.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Marner was sent back to juniors, due to weight issues.
If he was sent down for weight issues he would have been in the AHL until he was 22. If you want to argue anything, he was sent down because the Leafs wanted to keep him and Nylander away from that tire fire of a team, hence Nylander was only brought up after the trade deadline.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Francis put his foot in his mouth bloviating about Wright being with the club all year when it wasn't warranted at all. And clearly Hakstol never thought the same. I'm sure it's a source of friction between the two and while I'm no fan of Hakstol (didn't deserve the Kraken job, it was a terrible hire), I'd bet on him being correct over Francis.

Wright should be in the OHL as he has a lot of warts to work on. And Seattle should have never hired Hakstol or Francis.
The actual problem. Wright's mishandling is merely a symptom.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

Key points on wright
1) Wright and his agent are on board with Seattle's plan
2) if in a perfect world Francis would rather keep him in the NHL than send him back
3) World jrs is an option but Francis won't comment on it for the time being.

Franics still not going to comment for sure if he remains or he goes back. Just leaving it as an option if the team decides to send him back to the OHL.

Danarqhy

Oct 27, 2022
Check Republic
youtube.com
Wow, what a coming down to reality for Shane after thinking he DESERVED to go 1st overall. If I didn't know any better I'd say that Seattle is trying to teach him a lesson...😶‍🌫️

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad