C Raphael Lavoie (2019, 38th, EDM; claimed by VGK; claimed by EDM)

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Really hoping Flyers can pick up Lavoie I think there is a possibility that it could be the kind of player that interests them.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Another 2 goals tonight but 1 of them was an empty netter again. I believe that is 5 empty netters now these playoffs. The positive is he's trusted to be out there by his coach protecting a lead late.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Yeah that monster keep up piling those empty netters and ruining any chance he had of dropping down to #16 overall to the 2nd Avs pick. That evil man should be ashamed of himself!

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
13 goals in 10 games but 5 being Empty Net goals. That aside he’s been an absolute steam-rolling beast and pretty much carrying the team! He plays on a stacked line of Antoine Morand and Samuel Asselin and together they’ve combined 39 points (not all of them being together though but majority). Around 10-20 for me, his style of play is a little odd but his shot, skating, physical, and hockey IQ ability is amazing.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
He's absolutely lighting up the playoffs rn.

Anyone got an updated scouting report on the guy?

If he continues to be a beast in the playoffs and lights up the u18s I'd like to see the Oil trade back for 12 + Zucker and take Lavoie.

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
Big, skilled and good skating forwards seem to be the recipe for success for NHL teams in the playoffs where the physical play cranks up. Hard to believe CS has him at 20 in NA. Good report!

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Wonder what he’ll bring in the Semi Final matchup against the Drummondville Voltigeurs starting on Friday. It’s gonna be intense.

Reactions: Dominance

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I really hope he is on the board at 15 for Montreal, he is the kind of forward we will need in 3 years. Before anyone tells me the habs need a LHD anyone we draft at 15 will likely enter the league in 2-4 years. So ideally Lavoie would be NHL ready when we need to resign Tatar and Gallagher. With both needing raises we could replace one of them with an ELC forward/bridge contract forward.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
I really hope he is on the board at 15 for Montreal, he is the kind of forward we will need in 3 years. Before anyone tells me the habs need a LHD anyone we draft at 15 will likely enter the league in 2-4 years. So ideally Lavoie would be NHL ready when we need to resign Tatar and Gallagher. With both needing raises we could replace one of them with an ELC forward/bridge contract forward.
I think he’ll definitely be on the board it’s just I wonder if Montreal wants him or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad