Epic Calder Battle in 2024-25 Season

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
I think this will be one of the best Calder races in a long time. Michkov v. Celebrini v. Stankoven. How many points will each of those three forwards get?

Or perhaps defenseman Hutson takes it.

What do you guys think: who wins it, and how does the race compare to other years?

Last edited:

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
That would shock me. I don’t see him generating the same buzz as the high end forwards.

Really small sample size, I know, but he's 4 points in 4 games in the NHL, while also not making me cry myself to sleep like all the other defensemen we have on the team (other than Guhle obviously, Guhle's a machine)

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
Really small sample size, I know, but he's 4 points in 4 games in the NHL, while also not making me cry myself to sleep like all the other defensemen we have on the team (other than Guhle obviously, Guhle's a machine)

Fair enough. Definitely has a bright future and off to a great start.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I think this will be one of the best Calder races in a long time. Michkov v. Celebrini v. Stankoven. How many points will each of those three get?

Or will defenseman Hutson take it?

What do you guys think: who wins it, and how does the race compare to other years?
Don't forget Will Smith.

Quite a few names this year. Should be exciting.

Reactions: Fraser28

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I hope Stankoven wins just because it would be hilarious to see people complain about him being eligible with him falling just short of the games requirement to not be eligible last season and a deep playoff run on top of that

True, but at the same time Dallas gets karma for 28 year old or whatever the f*** age Marakov was for beating a young Modano out for the Calder

I do think watching the 3 forwards will be an exciting race for the Calder

• Haha
Reactions: Fraser28

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Stankoven's going to lap the field point wise if he remains healthy. The question will be he's in Dallas so voters won't see him and 2nd how badly will he get docked for being eligible after last year's run.
“Lap the field” lmao. Biased much? I don’t think any rookie ever has done anything close to what you could call “lapping the field” except maybe Gretzky. It certainly won’t be Stankoven, whose upside is likely somewhere between Brendan Gallagher and Alex DeBrincat.

• Wow
Reactions: ORRFForever

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
It certainly won’t be Stankoven, whose upside is likely somewhere between Brendan Gallagher and Alex DeBrincat.
Stupid comment.

Stankoven's going to lap the field point wise if he remains healthy. The question will be he's in Dallas so voters won't see him and 2nd how badly will he get docked for being eligible after last year's run.
Calder Darkhorse for me : Mavrik Bourque.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
“Lap the field” lmao. Biased much? I don’t think any rookie ever has done anything close to what you could call “lapping the field” except maybe Gretzky. It certainly won’t be Stankoven, whose upside is likely somewhere between Brendan Gallagher and Alex DeBrincat.

the Billy Boucher disrespect is wild :sarcasm:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
As a Dallas fan : Do you have any idea how bad Bourque is hurt? Any ETA on his return?

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
As a Dallas fan : Do you have any idea how bad Bourque is hurt? Any ETA on his return?
He was doubtful for game one, so just another game or two at most I'd imagine.

As for Stankoven, Dallas had the 3rd most goals scored in the league last season. They've brought back most of that offense and there's no reason to think this year they will regress. Stankoven had 30 total minutes of PP time last season. Tonight he had 2:14. If he averages over 2 minutes per game he'll 5x that this season.

He's the one rookie in the best position to excel due to the quality of the team he plays for. He's obviously not going to continue picking up 3 points a night but yeah, 60+ points is very attainable, which will be 10+ points more than everyone else, just like Bedard last season.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
He's the one rookie in the best position to excel due to the quality of the team he plays for. He's obviously not going to continue picking up 3 points a night but yeah, 60+ points is very attainable, which will be 10+ points more than everyone else, just like Bedard last season
I’m expecting there to be at least 2 rookies to get to that point.

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I got both Celebrini and Michkov on my fantasy team so hopefully they push each other to have great seasons! I'm excited to watch their progress, i feel invested lol (i have Bedard and Slafkovsky also, hope they have big years too)

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
It's going to be one of Hutson or Michkov - I just think Michkov can be a 70-80 point player right away and Hutson can be a 50-60 point defenceman. If either one of these player's teams reach the playoffs, it'll go to that player, otherwise toss a coin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad