LD Lane Hutson - Boston University, NCAA (2022, 62nd, MTL) - Part 2

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I know...I know....it's the Habs. Hardy har har.....

but....

Lane Hutson has been our best player through two games.

I didn't watch this game but I don't think he really stood out against Toronto. Made a nice dangle at one point that lead to nothing, had a bad giveaway in the 3rd, literally the only things I remember from his game.

Pretty sure Montembault has been the best Hab through two games.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Fun to watch. Great at creating space and opportunity. So many great setups tonight. Was good in his first three games as well. He's got a real shot at the Calder this year.

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
“Best Hab this season” when he was unremarkable in 50% of the games and Montembault had a 48 save shutout lol
Hutson wasn’t unremarkable though, although I agree that Montembeault was fantastic.

Hutson showed a lot of offensive skill, puck control, and made a couple of nice passes that lead to high quality shots. He made one move that left John Tavares completely twisted in knots. He had some lapses defensively but that’s to be expected from an undersized rookie.

Had two assists tonight and looks to be a natural powerplay QB with terrific vision. His slap pass to Gallagher was a high IQ precision play.

He’s played 41 minutes and 10 seconds in two games. I think that’s a pretty solid indication of how well he’s performed.

To give it some context, from defensemen that have played two games thus far:

Morgan Rielly played 44:18
Chris Tanev played 40:08
Kaiden Guhle played 45:08
Mike Matheson played 52:43
Mikhail Sergachev played 48:51
Sean Durzi played 47:29
Ian Cole played 41:12

That’s just off the top of my head.

Reactions: MoneyManny

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Hutson wasn’t unremarkable though, although I agree that Montembeault was fantastic.

Hutson showed a lot of offensive skill, puck control, and made a couple of nice passes that lead to high quality shots. He made one move that left John Tavares completely twisted in knots. He had some lapses defensively but that’s to be expected from an undersized rookie.

Had two assists tonight and looks to be a natural powerplay QB with terrific vision. His slap pass to Gallagher was a high IQ precision play.

He’s played 41 minutes and 10 seconds in two games. I think that’s a pretty solid indication of how well he’s performed.

That’s just off the top of my head.
You remember those TOI stats off the top of your head!?!

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018