C Raphael Lavoie (2019, 38th, EDM; claimed by VGK; claimed by EDM)

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
It's USDTP year. Trevor Timmins is drooling right now and with recent success with Finnish players, IMO Montreal is not gonna opt to draft their first Q 1st rounder in so many years on Lavoie.

I'm sure they're looking at Ville Heinola a lot more. Immediate need and very comparable to Heiskanen in terms of development too.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
How do we know that the Avs are targeting Knight?

AVs have little to no reasonable Goalie prospects.

Sakic mentioned looking at filling this need possibly in the later rounds, but he made a similar statement about DMen drafted high and selected Makar.

If he chooses to look elsewhere, Lavoie or Kaliyev would be options if Cozens/Turcotte is drafted.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
AVs have little to no reasonable Goalie prospects.

Sakic mentioned looking at filling this need possibly in the later rounds, but he made a similar statement about DMen drafted high and selected Makar.

If he chooses to look elsewhere, Lavoie or Kaliyev would be options if Cozens/Turcotte is drafted.

In other words, "Avs targeting Knight" is just speculation by HF-ers, nothing else.

Reactions: avsfan09

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Lots of PPGs, 4-5 empty net goals too. Shooting at a 26% clip. Not getting too excited. Good for him though.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Quebec Moncton and now Drummondville all trying to lure the big man to the penalty box. Might be a winning strategy but he hasn’t really bitten yet. Smart but a long way from the NHL at this point. Very tantalizing draft eligible. Some team could make a mistake drafting to early or not early enough.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Lots of PPGs, 4-5 empty net goals too. Shooting at a 26% clip. Not getting too excited. Good for him though.
Take away all PP goals and Empty Net goals and he's still leading the playoffs in scoring,

He has 17 ES points, leading the playoffs, and 9 goals without counting pp or empty netters, leading the playoffs. And that's taking away goals, which is ridiculous in itself.

He's played 13 games and scored 16 goals, of course his shooting % is high, that just means he has gotten a shit ton of shots in 13 games (2nd in playoffs).

Spoken like someone who hasn't watched a second of him the playoffs

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Quebec Moncton and now Drummondville all trying to lure the big man to the penalty box. Might be a winning strategy but he hasn’t really bitten yet. Smart but a long way from the NHL at this point. Very tantalizing draft eligible. Some team could make a mistake drafting to early or not early enough.

I dont really understand the bloded statement, if he turns out then wherever he is picked is probably a good spot. He is probably going between 10 and 15 id imagine.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
I dont really understand the bloded statement, if he turns out then wherever he is picked is probably a good spot. He is probably going between 10 and 15 id imagine.
I’ve watched every game his last three years. He’s my favourite draft eligible. He’s a true wildcard. If he’s taken between 10-15 and becomes a star maybe that was late. If he’s taken 15-25 and doesn’t pan out that’s early. By seeing him so much I’m pretty critical. Those that catch a few games marvel at the package. I hope he develops into a superstar cause he’s a nice humble kid.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Is there a way to score at over a goal a game and not have a high shooting percentage? Rather ridiculous to try and understate how dominate he has been in the playoffs....Especially if you haven't actually been watching the games.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I’ve watched every game his last three years. He’s my favourite draft eligible. He’s a true wildcard. If he’s taken between 10-15 and becomes a star maybe that was late. If he’s taken 15-25 and doesn’t pan out that’s early. By seeing him so much I’m pretty critical. Those that catch a few games marvel at the package. I hope he develops into a superstar cause he’s a nice humble kid.
That's just covering both bases and not having an opinion

Reactions: bert

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Take away all PP goals and Empty Net goals and he's still leading the playoffs in scoring,

He has 17 ES points, leading the playoffs, and 9 goals without counting pp or empty netters, leading the playoffs. And that's taking away goals, which is ridiculous in itself.

He's played 13 games and scored 16 goals, of course his shooting % is high, that just means he has gotten a **** ton of shots in 13 games (2nd in playoffs).

Spoken like someone who hasn't watched a second of him the playoffs

That’s great. He was almost 2018 eligible. 26% is unsustainable. He’s a good player and will be taken where he should. But I’m not taking him higher because of these playoffs.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
That's just covering both bases and not having an opinion
I have an opinion. It jumps about 5 spots back and forth every game. I think he can cram himself somewhere amongst the Whl centres. I still think he’s a capable centre. He’s on wing because of his shot.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

How about him leading the playoffs in Goals/Points if you take away all his empty nets and PP goals? Impressed now?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
How about him leading the playoffs in Goals/Points if you take away all his empty nets and PP goals? Impressed now?

Great how about the fact he barely progressed offensively from last season. I’d rather look at 65 regular season games than 10 playoff games. Still, 5 empty net goals. Wow.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Great how about the fact he barely progressed offensively from last season. I’d rather look at 65 regular season games than 10 playoff games. Still, 5 empty net goals. Wow.
Why not look at both?

Total
2017-18 - 77gp 33g 35a 67p

2018-19 - 75gp 49g 49a 98p

Reg season ppg
2017-18 - 0.92

2018-19 - 1.17

Seems like a huge improvement to me.

(Not to mention 10 more points in 6 less games is a big improvement in the regular season)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominance

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

He has like 30 more points than last year in less games... how is that barely progressing?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Why not look at both?

Total
2017-18 - 77gp 33g 35a 67p

2018-19 - 75gp 49g 49a 98p

Reg season ppg
2017-18 - 0.92

2018-19 - 1.17

Seems like a huge improvement to me.

(Not to mention 10 more points in 6 less games is a big improvement in the regular season)

Not nearly as much as others projected to go in the mid-1st. Sorry if you skate like that at that size with that skill and are older than most draft eligibles, you should dominate. He’s only dominated a handful of playoff games.

Reactions: Jacob

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Not nearly as much as others projected to go in the mid-1st. Sorry if you skate like that at that size with that skill and are older than most draft eligibles, you should dominate. He’s only dominated a handful of playoff games.
He's been dominating for the complete 2nd half of the regular season, if you have been watching the Moose and him you would know that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad