C Raphael Lavoie (2019, 38th, EDM; claimed by VGK; claimed by EDM)

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
In 6 less games played

Sorry is that somehow more impressive than the increase in production by Harley, Kaliev, Tomasino, McMichael, Suzuki? I can go on. Pelletier and Poulin in the same league.

He just hasn’t shown the type of progression you’d hope. I’m not buying these playoffs.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Sorry is that somehow more impressive than the increase in production by Harley, Kaliev, Tomasino, McMichael, Suzuki? I can go on. Pelletier and Poulin in the same league.

Why didn't they tear up the playoffs? They should have seeing that their 65 regular season games are more indictive...

I would say that Lavoies increase from 9 points as a 16 year old to 63 points as a 17 year old is just as impressive as everyone outside of Kaliyev from 16-17, sure, and he has by far the best tools and skillset.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominance

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
10 more points in the regular season. Again, his playoff numbers are completely unsustainable.

10 more points in 6 less games.

Also since when do playoffs not matter? Add his playoffs from both seasons and he’s now at 30pts more than last season.

Of course they unsustainable, he’s got 16 in 13 games for Christ sakes. Doesn’t change that those 13games included with his solid regular season come out as great nunbers

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominance

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
Kid is a beast. 6' 4", great shot and can skate. His game is going to translate quite seamlessly to pros I think
Extremely high floor and very high ceiling with his size and skill set. Also not the smallish type of player that that so commonly disappears in the NHL playoffs when size and physicality matters most and so few are available with his size and skating ability each draft. He's actually the type of player that excels in the playoff setting and there is no other player I would want in this draft for a Cup run. The steal of the draft as a borderline 2nd rounder where many have him.
The smaller player is the new way absolutely implodes in NHL playoffs, so don't be surprised when a smart gm takes him much higher than everyone has him.

Reactions: Tube Skates

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I see him being picked in the teens of early twenties at the latest.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
His skating and shot is POWERFUL with huge size. This won't be the last you see Halifax and Lavoie in this series it'll be a good battle!

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
What do you think is the average shooting percentage in junior hockey?

For the Q this year it appears to be somewhere around 13%. I just did a quick and dirty calculation based on the top 100 scorers. If you take the number of goals they scored and divide it by the number of shots they took, it's about 13%. If you take the median shooting percentage of the top 100 scorers it's about the same percentage, but slightly different. Around 13%.

Peeps

May 24, 2017
upload_2019-5-3_11-52-25.png

Top 5 goal scorer forwards in the playoffs in the last 10 years U19.

Goal per game in the playoffs in his draft year. Even tho he's 18 since the start of the season. Pretty cool stuff.

Beckett

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
This kid reminds me of Mantha.

I could see that. Love Manthas game and Lavoie has the potential to be every bit as good. Like someone mentioned above, players like this typically elevate in heavy games when the smaller skill guys have less room. Typical pro playoff performer. Would not be surprised at all if he goes to Ducks at 9.

Reactions: North Country

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
I could see that. Love Manthas game and Lavoie has the potential to be every bit as good. Like someone mentioned above, players like this typically elevate in heavy games when the smaller skill guys have less room. Typical pro playoff performer. Would not be surprised at all if he goes to Ducks at 9.

I believe someone else in this thread said the same exact thing and I can agree! I hope he goes to a great team that likes and develops him properly.

The question is, does he have a similar compete level to Mantha? Being a Wings fan I obviously watch AM on regular basis. When he's on, he looks like a superstar, but when he's not playing like that, he's usually floating around and doesn't do much. In many ways he reminds us of Johan Franzen, which is obviously not a bad thing, but players like that are better off in a decent lineup with a depth.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
The question is, does he have a similar compete level to Mantha? Being a Wings fan I obviously watch AM on regular basis. When he's on, he looks like a superstar, but when he's not playing like that, he's usually floating around and doesn't do much. In many ways he reminds us of Johan Franzen, which is obviously not a bad thing, but players like that are better off in a decent lineup with a depth.

Yep and that’s why he is not that high in the rankings

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
Of his 25 goals this season, 9 have been game winners. Also leads the Q with 5 OT goals.
Great during the regular season and then absolutely goes off when the game is on the line, or when it matters most in the playoffs. He'll be the player that teams made a mistake passing on.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Is indeed a goal scorerbut needs to get much more physically involved
too much blue line waiting

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Is indeed a goal scorerbut needs to get much more physically involved
too much blue line waiting
He's doing exactly what the coach tells him. It looks bad but do you think he's lazy? He's 15 feet in from the blueline covering the point and waiting to chip pucks out of the zone. He's not a pond hockey player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad