C Mitchell Marner - London Knights, OHL (2015 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Fabbri is more competitive and better defensively. But I'd say Marner is much more talented which is saying something because Fabbri is a very skilled player.

While I think Fabbri will be a very good player, I think Marner could be something special.

Marner is a pretty good two-way player and is intense as well though

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Would probably fit in nice with the Yotes.

If we fall just short of McEichel, it's going to be a toss up between Marner and Strome methinks for Maloney. Strome is a safe bet to be a NHL center with his size, and he also has bloodlines. Marner has the chemistry with two of our top prospects and a far higher motor.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Yeah it would be great to have all 3 of Marner, Dvorak , and Domi. Along with Perlini and Samuelson , I don't think the yotes ever had that much offensive skill at prospect level at the same time before

If only one of the 3 were a little bigger

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
1 point away from being at a 2PPG. Still Hanifin at #3, what's it going to take? Is it already set in stone or is Hanifin just playing crazy good?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
1 point away from being at a 2PPG. Still Hanifin at #3, what's it going to take? Is it already set in stone or is Hanifin just playing crazy good?

It's not set in stone. A lot of hockey to play. No one would have predicted Seth Jones would have fallen to 4th in his draft year.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
It's not set in stone. A lot of hockey to play. No one would have predicted Seth Jones would have fallen to 4th in his draft year.
Yeah I guess but alot were saying even at the start that you could mark 1, 2 and 3 as McDavid/Eichel/Hanifin.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah it would be great to have all 3 of Marner, Dvorak , and Domi. Along with Perlini and Samuelson , I don't think the yotes ever had that much offensive skill at prospect level at the same time before

If only one of the 3 were a little bigger

Very exciting to even talk about. But even as someone who generally eschews size concerns and absolutely loves players who play bigger than their size, I am worried that as supremely skilled having Domi, Dvorak, and Marner are, we are going to be too small having all 3 of them. And Maloney seems to have stated a preference for size as well.

Maybe, hopefully we can flip Vermette for a late first that turns into a bigger center prospect like Nick Roy or Rattanen to fill that quota. But of course, things would get a lot easier if the Yotes simply won the damn lottery. :)

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Very exciting to even talk about. But even as someone who generally eschews size concerns and absolutely loves players who play bigger than their size, I am worried that as supremely skilled having Domi, Dvorak, and Marner are, we are going to be too small having all 3 of them. And Maloney seems to have stated a preference for size as well.

Maybe, hopefully we can flip Vermette for a late first that turns into a bigger center prospect like Nick Roy or Rattanen to fill that quota. But of course, things would get a lot easier if the Yotes simply won the damn lottery. :)

Dvorak is six foot and one ninety. At eighteen. That's a big effing kid, man.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Dvorak is six foot and one ninety. At eighteen. That's a big effing kid, man.

Just saw that on his OHL page. Makes me feel less apprehensive now with going Marner. But knowing Maloney, he'll go with the bloodlines and size of Strome.

Dec 3, 2012

Take Nicolas Roy with a late 1st rounder would be a mistake, I think he'll fall somewhere in the late 2nd

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Marner is having an awful game tonight.

Making terible passes and taking terrible decisions... That's the worst I've seen him all year.

Knightnight

Mar 18, 2014
Marner is having an awful game tonight.

Making terible passes and taking terrible decisions... That's the worst I've seen him all year.

Agreed bad first period but got better as game went on. 1G and first star must have done something right for most of the game.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
He was named first star because he scored the GWG. Other than that, he was one of the worst players on the ice in my opinion.

He's still my favorite player in the draft and I have him 4th overall. But it doesn't mean he wasn't terribad last game.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
He was named first star because he scored the GWG. Other than that, he was one of the worst players on the ice in my opinion.

He's still my favorite player in the draft and I have him 4th overall. But it doesn't mean he wasn't terribad last game.

Good post. Disappointing that there isn't more thought put behind the naming of the 3 stars.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I have my own opinion, but what do others think separates Marner (Ranked 4-6) from guys like Ehlers and Nylander as prospects who were taken late in the top 10. All three are dynamic offensive talents.

ZeroPT*

I have my own opinion, but what do others think separates Marner (Ranked 4-6) from guys like Ehlers and Nylander as prospects who were taken late in the top 10. All three are dynamic offensive talents.

Moreso directed to Ehlers but Marner is stocky as hell. If you're small you have to have a stocky build. Huge power generation with his lower body, low center of gravity, strong legs, huge thighs,etc.. Ehlers was and still kinda is really skinny. Marner is thick. That and I generally think Marner is better lol.
I honestly have no idea why Nylander was 8th. I had him as a top 5 pick and have always been impressed with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad