C Mitchell Marner - London Knights, OHL (2015 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I seriously question anyone who think Crouse is in the same breath as Marner or Strome as a prospect, I see it quite often.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I seriously question anyone who think Crouse is in the same breath as Marner or Strome as a prospect, I see it quite often.

Yeah, those rankings with Crouse at 6 are kind of crazy talk IMO. Like the guy, but he isn't top 10 material this year. Even Ritchie, who IMO is better, almost didn't crack the top 10 last year.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
There's the hatrick on the feed from Domi on the PP. 4th hatrick of the year. 7G, 3A in 2 games.

Is that a shot at Strome? Strome has put up 2pts/gm since McDavid went down. I've only seen Strome play a few times. Marner only a few more than that. I prefer Marner, but I don't think it's necessary to attack Strome in support.

No slight at all to Strome. Many people have stated Marner doesn't do it on his own and benefits from who he's playing with..that's total BS. Marner makes everyone he plays with better. That is an impact player. If anything Marner's teammates are benefiting from playing with Marner..not the other way around.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
No slight at all to Strome. Many people have stated Marner doesn't do it on his own and benefits from who he's playing with..that's total BS. Marner makes everyone he plays with better. That is an impact player. If anything Marner's teammates are benefiting from playing with Marner..not the other way around.

Gotcha! Thanks for clarifying. That makes much more sense, and I totally agree. If the draft were held today and my team had the third pick, Marner would be my guy.

Knightnight

Mar 18, 2014
It's between him and Strome for the one draft eligible player they invite to camp every year that they give no actual shot of making the team. ;)

if u watched the subway series game they will give that spot to Crouse. He got pk and bumped up in third period. I believe they are looking for size over skill.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Two beautiful assists so far tonight against Kingston.

Has been much more dominant than Crouse from what I've seen. Can't see why Crouse is ahead of him in half the rankings at this point...

I find myself liking him more than Drouin... Am I crazy?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Saw both assists tonight. Unreal. That first one was great. Hard to say he's better than Drouin for me, but he's a great prospect. Top 5 pretty easily for me.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Two beautiful assists so far tonight against Kingston.

Has been much more dominant than Crouse from what I've seen. Can't see why Crouse is ahead of him in half the rankings at this point...

I find myself liking him more than Drouin... Am I crazy?

I can't see why Crouse is rated as high as he is. Offensive game seems to be lacking

gsharpe

Jan 12, 2010
I haven't logged in in a while and don't post often but I just wanted to say that this was an excellently written article. I don't get to watch these prospects but I feel I have a good understanding of why he wasn't ranked super high early (size) and why he is a quick riser (growth and production).

I'd like some quotes from nhl scouts but I don't know if that's possible :).

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Who do you think is better. Fabrri or Marner?

Fabbri is more competitive and better defensively. But I'd say Marner is much more talented which is saying something because Fabbri is a very skilled player.

While I think Fabbri will be a very good player, I think Marner could be something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad