C Mitchell Marner - London Knights, OHL (2015 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Marner leads the CHL in scoring now with 71 points.

Why is there no talk about this guy? 30 goals 41 assists for 71 pts. Nearly 2 PPG and leading the CHL in points as a 17 year old. People are saying he was a product of Domi but just put up 5 pts last night without him. I think he goes top 5.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I'd take him 3rd overall.

I'd probably do that too. I like Hanifin a lot but considering how difficult it is to project defensemen and how much longer they take to have an impact I'm inclined to pick Marner ahead of him. He's just having a terrific year so far.

Knightnight

Mar 18, 2014
Why is there no talk about this guy? 30 goals 41 assists for 71 pts. Nearly 2 PPG and leading the CHL in points as a 17 year old. People are saying he was a product of Domi but just put up 5 pts last night without him. I think he goes top 5.

Marner 18 pts in last 7 games without Domi in the line up. Not taking away anything from Max but the Knights have got 13 of a possible 14 points in those 7 games.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
I remember someone on tsn (I think Mckenzie) saying they saw Pat Kane in this kid in the summer and I pretty much brushed it off due to them both being on London.

Now, im not so sure.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I'd happily take Marner 4th. Gonna be really interesting between Hanifin, Marner, and Strome to see who goes 3-4-5. Hanifin is better than those two but given the fact that he's a defenseman he could fall for no good reason.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
I'd happily take Marner 4th. Gonna be really interesting between Hanifin, Marner, and Strome to see who goes 3-4-5. Hanifin is better than those two but given the fact that he's a defenseman he could fall for no good reason.

It isn't about who is better now.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
It isn't about who is better now.

That wasn't at all what I was implying. It's much more likely that Hanifin has another level than Strome or Marner, given that he's a defenseman.

My point is that even though Hanifin is pretty clearly the BPA, because he's a defenseman he's not a lock to go third even though he's the third best player.

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009

He's not even on Domi's line. Hard to say he's a product of Domi when they're on separate lines.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
That wasn't at all what I was implying. It's much more likely that Hanifin has another level than Strome or Marner, given that he's a defenseman.

My point is that even though Hanifin is pretty clearly the BPA, because he's a defenseman he's not a lock to go third even though he's the third best player.

I think it depends a lot on what team has that pick too. If Edmonton winds up with the 3rd pick, pretty safe bet that's where Hanifin goes. If it's a team like Buffalo or Arizona, Marner should be in heavy consideration.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I hope falls to wherever the Flyers pick (currently they are 6th). We need more skill up front.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
Yeah, if he was 6'0 190 instead of 5'10 160 he'd be the easy favorite for #3 IMO.

I think I recently read that he took a growth spurt that has him over 5'11 currently. 6' is definitely a possibility.

EDIT: annnd its literally at the top of this page in the thread.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
I think I recently read that he took a growth spurt that has him over 5'11 currently. 6' is definitely a possibility.

EDIT: annnd its literally at the top of this page in the thread.

He certainly didn't look anywhere near 6 foot at the time of the super series.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
I think it depends a lot on what team has that pick too. If Edmonton winds up with the 3rd pick, pretty safe bet that's where Hanifin goes. If it's a team like Buffalo or Arizona, Marner should be in heavy consideration.

If Arizona drafts Marner, I might just have to go out and buy a Coyotes jersey. The Knights could really be called their farm team after all. :laugh:

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Yeah, that's kinda what I was getting at.

Knightnight

Mar 18, 2014
Domi was 5'9.5" at the combine. So he's not shorter than that now. Marner is obviously taller than him. I suspect Marner is no shorter than 5'10.5".[/QUOTE

A picture tells a 1000 words. He is at least 2 inches taller in that picture. I would say more like 3 inches.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
He's maintained at 2.8PPG pace for 24 games now, which is about 1/3rd the entire season in only his second OHL season while being only about 160lbs. Have to think he is pushing into that #3 spot. He will be the same size as guys like Stamkos and Tavares in 5 years, I don't see why he can't be in that category the NHL. He is a star in the making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad