C Mitchell Marner - London Knights, OHL (2015 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

UvBnDatsyuked

Apr 30, 2005
You will not find a single scout who has concern over Marner's size, and if you do they shouldn't be working in the game. It doesn't matter if he is 5'10.5" or 5'11.5" he is an elite talent.

Agree and you will not find a scout that has size as an attribute they look for ahead of skating, compete level, puck skills and hockey iq.

Scouts obviously love to see the 6'2'' forward who has the total package but the people here who are projecting draft order and NHL success based on an inch of height are kidding themselves.

Bps21*

F only he was a quarter of an inch taller. Oh well. Lawson Crouse it is.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Crouse is much better indeed, since he is bigger.

Seriously, this kid is the real deal. Everytime I watch him play he basically scores a hat trick or dominates in some way.

He's been in my top 4 for a while now but he's pushing for Hanifin's spot no doubt.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
He's about the same size at 17 that Claude Giroux is at 26. If he fails to succeed at the NHL level, it won't be because he's not tall enough.

Yeah. Look at the top scoring list in the league and you'll see a whole lot of guys who are somewhere between 5'10" and 6'0". A lot of the guys listed as 6'0" are really 5'11".

Bps21*

Specifically from the buffalo perspective...because we have a truly great look at drafting 3 or 4 this year... His size matters to me even less since we've been stocking big kids all along. Back when darcy was filling a roster of 6 foot and smaller forwards...then I'd take a pause... It's just not the case in our system now. I'll slot this unfortunately diminutive...5'10+...winger into my team.

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
The kid has 31 goals and 41 assists in his last 27 games, scoring at 2.67 points per game, or 8 points every 3 games. If he kept up this kind of pace for a full 68 game season, he'd put up 181 points. Hard to not see him going top 5.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Absolutely insane pace.

If he wasn't in this draft he's be a potential #1 pick.

I would absolutely LOVE if the Flyers somehow got him.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Absolutely insane pace.

If he wasn't in this draft he's be a potential #1 pick.

I would absolutely LOVE if the Flyers somehow got him.
He reminds me of Pat Kane. This kid has some of the most incredible hands I've ever seen. #1 overall quality for sure.

His hands, his offensive vision... this kid goes out there and makes the impossible look easy every night.

His skating continues to improve aswell, kid can fly.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Leafs have hired Dale Hunter...god I hope he has an impact and we draft more Knights. Mitchell Marner is played himself out of our range (~12-20) :(.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
He reminds me of Pat Kane. This kid has some of the most incredible hands I've ever seen. #1 overall quality for sure.

His hands, his offensive vision... this kid goes out there and makes the impossible look easy every night.

Sounds a lot like Drouin. If Huberdeau/Drouin were able to move into the top 3 I see no reason why Marner can't do the same.

There was a time when Drouin over Jones sounded a lot crazier then Marner over Hanifin does today.

ZeroPT*

Sounds a lot like Drouin. If Huberdeau/Drouin were able to move into the top 3 I see no reason why Marner can't do the same.

There was a time when Drouin over Jones sounded a lot crazier then Marner over Hanifin does today.

that's probably because of Drouin over Jones

Bps21*

It's because jones was supposed to be fighting for 1 with mackinnon so going 4 seemed crazy. Hanifan isn't fighting for 1.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
It's because jones was supposed to be fighting for 1 with mackinnon so going 4 seemed crazy. Hanifan isn't fighting for 1.

Yet some people seem to think he is locked in at #3 already. I even heard someone on tsn today say if McDavid/Eichel didn't exist Hanifin would be the #1 pick "by far"

I would not be surprised to see him be drafted over Hanifin.

Bps21*

Think about how silly that statement is though...

If two people didn't exist the third one would go first. Great.

If 50 people didn't exist Justin Bailey was the top pick in 2013. Congrats to him.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Oh my god if the Devils get him I'll go insane.

With the Devils unlikely to win the lottery or finish with one of two worst records, Marner is looking like the guy we want. I'd be content with Strome or even Zacha (if the team goes on a winning streak and drafts 6-10), but Marner has to be the top choice. He's a first line talent, the only question is if he can stay at C.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013

If 50 people didn't exist Justin Bailey was the top pick in 2013. Congrats to him.

Not really...Marner's talent would likely have had him top pick last year, 2012, and 2011, as well as in the running in 2013.

ZeroPT*

With the Devils unlikely to win the lottery or finish with one of two worst records, Marner is looking like the guy we want. I'd be content with Strome or even Zacha (if the team goes on a winning streak and drafts 6-10), but Marner has to be the top choice. He's a first line talent, the only question is if he can stay at C.

wouldn't be shocked if the Sabres took him at 3 or Arizona at 4 should the standings today be the draft order.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010

It's more getting to the fact that Marner would be battling for 1st overall in every draft but this one. Instead, he's battling for third overall.

ZeroPT*

He did nothing in his first what 8 games? The fact that he's ripped it up so much since then is just crazy. McDavid like numbers.

arsmaster*

He did nothing in his first what 8 games? The fact that he's ripped it up so much since then is just crazy. McDavid like numbers.

Yup.

He's going to surpass Patrick Kane's draft season in his true 17 year old season.

Teams are going to have a hard time passing on what appears to possibly be the next P. Kane.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

Hate that he's a knight as it comes off lazy, but his skill level is up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad