C/LW Roope Hintz (2015, 49th, DAL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Think he'd be good on the wing? due to the stars center depth at the moment. He's no 4th liner.
He can play either LW or C but the AHL staff last year said he looked better as a C. So if he makes the team (Only way he doesnt at this point is Nill is a f***ing idiot and is too scared to waive a contract again) then its likely as the 4C. If he shows some offensive flair he could be on track to be a replacement for Spezza in a year seeing as Faksa is much better suited as a 3C 500% defensive zone starts

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well nobody from managment or the coaching statt said anything concrete yet just Stars media guys and beat writers who don't have full information either. I do think its likely though. Smith and Elie are nothing special. 4th liners with limited upside .

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yup. Hintz has top 6 potential (he can play anywhere really) but I fully expect him to be a good NHLer no matter where he plays. He is more than ready. I'll be so pissed if they send him down

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Yup. Hintz has top 6 potential (he can play anywhere really) but I fully expect him to be a good NHLer no matter where he plays. He is more than ready. I'll be so pissed if they send him down

If he's going to be on the 4th line most of the year, better he gets some AHL time mixed in as well in a top 6 role.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If he's going to be on the 4th line most of the year, better he gets some AHL time mixed in as well in a top 6 role.

He has two full years in Finish Liiga and a year top 6 in the AHL ( with a deep calder cup run ) already behind him. I don't think he needs any more time in the minors . He would have to struggle bigtime for that to happen. He starts on the 4th line , the new coach already said he play all 4 lines , but can fill in a for someone who is injured or slumping on another line . Elie and Smith aren't useful for that . They're 4th line energy guys without that much skill or upside .

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Played on the top line yesterday and didn't do anything offensively. Sent back down to the AHL today. Not surprising he really didn't do much and didn't play how he did in preseason.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I mean, putting the guy on his off-wing and expecting him to do a lot was a little bit of a reach in my opinion. He was over thinking the game last night constantly on the backhand and not a natural position for him.

I do agree with him going back to the AHL for a little more seasoning, all of his games have been zero impact. Not that he has been bad, but he hasn't proven anything so far.

Reactions: Kcb12345

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Also a well deserved callup . Had 11 Points in the 9 AHL games he played and he was Texas best player.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Scored his 2nd NHL goal tonight and was probably our best forward (which wasn't a difficult thing to be, but he was confident and consistently forcing turnovers and generated some chances)

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
How do Dallas fans look at the potential Burakovsky/Hintz trade with some cap dump from Dallas to make it work cap-wise? It should be mentioned that Caps can only take a rental as a dump because they have their own cap problems.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I wouldn't trade a first year player on an ELC and still for another year for a struggling Burakovsky in earning 2.75 per and in need of a new contract at the end of the year.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
How do Dallas fans look at the potential Burakovsky/Hintz trade with some cap dump from Dallas to make it work cap-wise? It should be mentioned that Caps can only take a rental as a dump because they have their own cap problems.

Not trading Hintz for Burakovsky. Nichushkin on the other hand is there for the swap.

Reactions: Ana Crusis

serp

Jan 17, 2016
And who wants to give up anything dcent for 2019's version of Burakovsky ? It'll be a swap of disapointments. Nothing more nothing less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad