C/LW Roope Hintz (2015, 49th, DAL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
I wasn't able to watch the game last night but based on the highlights, Hintz looked pretty amazing out there. Safe to say he is a solid top-6 player now?

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
I wasn't able to watch the game last night but based on the highlights, Hintz looked pretty amazing out there. Safe to say he is a solid top-6 player now?
He was absolutely dominating the highlight reel for the first two perioids. Amazing to see him succeed. I always thought he had great raw potential, but I wasn't sure he would reach that. We (Finns) had had a bunch of 2nd round busts, like Alexander Ruuttu who was kind of similar prospect.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
He was absolutely dominating the highlight reel for the first two perioids. Amazing to see him succeed. I always thought he had great raw potential, but I wasn't sure he would reach that. We (Finns) had had a bunch of 2nd round busts, like Alexander Ruuttu who was kind of similar prospect.
I recall the Ruuttu pick being a huge reach, he was seen as a later round pick. There were some allegations that it was one scout pushing hard to pick him and it was a very suspect pick.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
I recall the Ruuttu pick being a huge reach, he was seen as a later round pick. There were some allegations that it was one scout pushing hard to pick him and it was a very suspect pick.
Correct me if Im wrong but I believe his father Christian was director of scouting for Phoenix at that time and selected his own son with that high controversial pick

Reactions: JabbaJabba

serp

Jan 17, 2016
17 of his 22 points came in the last 30 games of the regular season . He came into the playoffs playing really really well and it translated into game 1.

He had a pretty good Calder Cup playoff run last season with two OT winners IRC .

Took a while in the regular season for him and the coaching staff to figure out how and where to use Roope. He did make the team out of camp but yeah needed a while to make an impact.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014

For the Stars he is. By far our second best (offensive) centre, creates a ton of chances with his speed, wins face offs, but can also play great on the left wing. Even if we add a forward or two in the offseason I don’t see him getting bumped from that 2C spot for a long time.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
"I don't see him being anything special in the NHL. Seems to be happy at where he is right now and rumours say he's not willing to put in the work to become an NHLer. "

"Seems like moving under the bright lights in Helsinki and getting more likes in Instagram was more important than actually getting better as a hockey player."

"Maybe it's hockey iq thing or he isn't just as skilled as previously thought. Everytime i've seen him he just doesn't look like a NHLer."

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
7 points in 8 playoff games and he is constantly playing it well, skating and working hard on the ice. One of the fastest skaters in the league and high IQ in both ends of the ice.

Pretty good value for a 49th pick.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Yeah, Hintz's really turned out pretty awesome. It certainly is a bit too early to judge him for good but he's really taken quite a step forward.

When we consider his skating and his pure skill and stickhandling, it's possible he's not even reached his full potential yet, which has to be quite exciting for the fans of Stars.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Yeah, Hintz's really turned out pretty awesome. It certainly is a bit too early to judge him for good but he's really taken quite a step forward.

When we consider his skating and his pure skill and stickhandling, it's possible he's not even reached his full potential yet, which has to be quite exciting for the fans of Stars.

I’m a non-Stars fan who lives in their TV market. He is fun and exciting to watch.

Reactions: Ana Crusis

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
I think he has good overall IQ but lacks creativity and great puckhandling skills. I think he can develop into top-6 forward but don't see it yet.
Maybe I was wrong after all. He has showed somecreativity and really uses his speed to produce. He don't need creativity with that skating and he still got some of it. Also his puckhandling seems fairly good. I'll jump on Hintz bandwagon and see where it takes me.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
Honestly think he has the potential to hit 55-70 points next season, he’s so good, and brings great secondary scoring with Zuc

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
It's weird how I've gotten such a wrong idea of Hintz's abilities. I watched him in HIFK and in the AHL last year, and besides his speed, I couldn't see much potential. Everything else in his game looked quite meh to me. Yesterday he showcased some great hands and good offensive vision. I'll watch some more to see if this was an outlier (or if the games I've seen in the past were), but he definitely looks like a legit top-6 player.

Reactions: CLW and 1OApick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad