C/LW Roope Hintz (2015, 49th, DAL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Lol are you serious?

Yeah the guy that's been playing with Seguin and Radulov and killing it.

What is your definition of killing it? Last game he got demoted off the top line.

He has been sent down to the AHL multiple times this season.

He is on an 82 game pace for 20 points..

Yes, I love Roope, yes I've loved his game the past week.

No, he isn't a locked in top 6 fixture.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
What is your definition of killing it? Last game he got demoted off the top line.

Wrong. He didnt get demoted off the top line, Monty said he looked gassed so he let him sit an extra shift and sent him out with Spezza's line.

No other player has been able to stick with Seguin and Radulov minus Benn and for 2 periods, Zucc. They consistently get the toughest matchup and Hintz is still scoring. Its his first NHL season and there are plenty of names he's jumped to get his spot.

He's a lock for the top 6 which is why he's been playing top line minutes and was out there to start 3 on 3.

I dont care or want to know what your ridiculous standard of a top 6 player is. He's getting the minutes of a top 6 player and he's producing with them.

I think you just want to be argumentative.

Reactions: SweFINhockeyfan

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Wouldn’t say he’s completely secured a top six spot, but I have a hard time seeing anyone bump him out of that spot. Nichushkin, Janmark, and Cogliano got nothing on him (literally nothing I think he’s better in all aspects of the game than these three). So glad to finally have a prospect in the NHL looking good (excluding Miro).

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018

Nope. He played most of the game with Radulov and Seguin.

6RbIyEQ.png

Pretty sure the AHL demotions were more a factor of asset management than a knock on Hintz.

Hintz looks really solid.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary

I'd say he's secured a top 6 spot for now. He plays well with Segs and Rads. Hes obv a rookie, but he's got all the tools and playing in the top 6 is the best for his development

Also, who on the Stars is going to take his spot anyways lol

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Playing in the top six on Dallas doesn't make someone a top six player. The dude has a 20 point rookie campaign, it's nothing special. He is not a top six NHL player.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He might have more points on a better offensive team. Pretty much the whole team has a down year offensively outside a few exceptions.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
He might have more points on a better offensive team. Pretty much the whole team has a down year offensively outside a few exceptions.

He plays 13 minutes a night and has 0.25PPG.. I'm not sure how that is a top 6 player in the NHL but you guys can continue thinking that.

Yes, he might get there one day.. but currently he is not.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't know if you can take anyones scoring outside on the teams to determine what he is or is not. Blake Comeau has been a consistent 30+ point guy and probably won't hit 20 this year. Same with almost all the forwards.

MarVell

Jan 10, 2014
He’s exceeded my expectations also. He just needs to work on his finishing/shot then he’ll be a good top 6:er.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
The reason you pay guys like Seguin and Radulov big money is that you can put guys like Hintz with them and have a productive line.

Hintz looks like a decent Swiss Army knife player, those have value but don’t get fixated on the fact that he’s been on the top line

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
Someone used the term "Swiss Army Knife" which is I think a perfect description for Hintz, a guy who can play up and down the line-up, kill penalties, has elite speed and good size but not elite IQ or skill.

Reactions: Deam78

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Someone used the term "Swiss Army Knife" which is I think a perfect description for Hintz, a guy who can play up and down the line-up, kill penalties, has elite speed and good size but not elite IQ or skill.

Also can play center if really needed.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Never really been a huge fan of Hintz, I think his IQ's not been great when I've seen him, but it's good that he's been able to establish himself in a role suitable for him. Just shows that with the right set of tools, you don't need amazing IQ to be a solid 3rd liner.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Never really been a huge fan of Hintz, I think his IQ's not been great when I've seen him, but it's good that he's been able to establish himself in a role suitable for him. Just shows that with the right set of tools, you don't need amazing IQ to be a solid 3rd liner.
Does everyone need to have super high hockey IQ? I think Blake Wheeler is dumb as bricks but he makes up for it with other things.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Does everyone need to have super high hockey IQ? I think Blake Wheeler is dumb as bricks but he makes up for it with other things.
The theory is that as long as you understand you have poor hockey IQ, you can deal with it OK. Then you can make a simple set of instructions for you to follow and consciously not even attempt to do creative things. The problems arise when you think you have great hockey IQ and try and do all sorts of creative plays even if you're dumb as a brick. I think this is how Pokka busted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad