C/LW Roope Hintz (2015, 49th, DAL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Rantanen 2016-2017? - Now Hintz might never become what Rantanen is at the moment but....
if he is a Dallas Star from the get go and plays top 6 minutes, 10-20 goals isn't complete impossibility, right?

If he's playing with Benn and Radulov, 50-60 points isn't out of the question for this season.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Everybody is also seemingly in love with his hair game

"I wish I had it." -- Montgomery on Hintz's hair

Shapiro who covers the Stars for the Athletic said on his podcast when he was in Traverse covering the Stars prospects he saw a Blue Jackets prospect point at Hintz heard him say :" I wanna go through that guys hair" . Wouldn't tell who it was though :)

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Seriously? That would be awesome.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. First he has to actually make the team . He should but you never know. Second he has to earn himself a permanent top6 let alot topline spot. I doubt Hintz will start the year centering the topline. Thats just not gonna happen.

Benn-Seguin-Radulov is going to be the topline to start the year. Now if the team wants to spread the offense around more and especially if Spezza struggles again i could see him get a shot at NHL minutes with star players but lets keept it real. It ain't gonna happen to start the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kcb12345

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
If he is making the team it is as a 4C.. not sure why people are saying he is Top 3 or Top 6..

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'm happy he proved me wrong and he actually became solid player who made it to NHL. I didin't think he had it in him when I watched him in WJC.

He’s not quite there yet, as promising as his preseason has been.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
It’s pretty hard to deny him a roster spot after this pre season. I can see him making it as the 4C or 3LW. All I know is I want to see him on the roster.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
If he's playing with Benn and Radulov, 50-60 points isn't out of the question for this season.

Let's calm down a bit.. He's only scored at that pace once in professional hockey and that was his final year in Finland in 40-something games. Doing it in the NHL for a full season after 0.5 PPG year in the AHL is a stretch.

For now i'd be happy if Hintz has some good moments to talk about once the year is over and done with. If he's going to be a top 6 player in the NHL, it'll take another year or two.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The Stars organisation definitely sees something in Hintz . Otherwise they wouldn't have bothered with the back home video about a guy who hadn't even played an NHL game yet over guys who are clearly more established . I don't know Hintz was the only prospect that was featured in that series seemed was kinda odd. ( there was a video about Heiskanen before at some point ) . Maybe it was like hey while we're here in Finland visiting Esa Lindell might as well visit someone else too but i think the team expects good things from Roope they don't neccessarily from some of their other younger players.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I've been tooting this guys horn more than his girlfriends (S - yep, plural. You know with that flow he's got a bunch). At least since the prospect tournament.

He plays such a refined 2-way game, looks really strong down the middle, and he has some great skill to go with his speed. I don't think he's a world beater, he's not the next IT prospect, but he's one of those extremely talented kids who if given an opportunity like we saw last night, will produce and do some good for Dallas. This kid right here is a darkhorse for the Calder. With that flow he's also going to become a marketing darling. Kids going to become one of the faces of the franchise and girls (and I guess some guys) are going to be chucking more than hats on the ice when he nets a hatty.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He won't start in a top 6 role but could earn his way up there if he keeps playing like this. Interesting that they put him there to try it out, cause Monty quickly and sternly answered no when asked about trying other young centers in a top 6 role, specifically Dickinson who has had a good preseason as well.

Truth is Hintz could play literally anywhere in the lineup. He's just that type of player

A top 6 of

Benn-Hintz-Radulov
Janmark-Seguin-Spezza/Nichushkin

Doesn't sound too bad

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He won't start in a top 6 role but could earn his way up there if he keeps playing like this. Interesting that they put him there to try it out, cause Monty quickly and sternly answered no when asked about trying other young centers in a top 6 role, specifically Dickinson who has had a good preseason as well.

Truth is Hintz could play literally anywhere in the lineup. He's just that type of player

A top 6 of

Benn-Hintz-Radulov
Janmark-Seguin-Spezza/Nichushkin

Doesn't sound too bad

Pump the brakes here. First let him get his rosterspot and see how he does before speculating about a top6 spot before playing a single regular season game. He looks good but it was just Pre-Season so far.

I mean Ty Rattie right now is king of the Pre-Season who i sincerely doubt will lead the league in scoring

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Pump the brakes here. First let him get his rosterspot and see how he does before speculating about a top6 spot before playing a single regular season game. He looks good but it was just Pre-Season so far.

I mean Ty Rattie right now is king of the Pre-Season who i sincerely doubt will lead the league in scoring

I know that's why I said "he won't start in a top 6 role but could earn his way up there if he keeps playing like this" but yeah he's gotta make the lineup first of all

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
0.5 PPG AHLer is the first line center over Seguin.. what in the world.

It's not like I'm saying Hintz is better than Seguin lol. It's just a way to potentially spread the scoring out cause Seguin can carry his own line. None of this will happen though unless Hintz proves during the regular season that he deserves a top 6 role, and even then it likely would not happen, but it's an option that could spread scoring around if Spezza fails to bounce back

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I guess it could happen, but is so extremely unlikely. Faksa, Shore, someone else would be put there before Hintz.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Think he'd be good on the wing? due to the stars center depth at the moment. He's no 4th liner.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Kid keeps rolling. Reminds me a bit of Bratt. Not stylistically or anything, and not that he was a really late pick or anything, but just the fact that he's coming on the scene with very little fanfair and making it look easy.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I guess it could happen, but is so extremely unlikely. Faksa, Shore, someone else would be put there before Hintz.
Honestly Shore is a pretty bad center. Hintz should be already better than him at least. Shore could be more useful as a winger anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad