C Kent Johnson - Cleveland Monsters, AHL (2021, 5th, CBJ)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
what about the other 2 goals. 2nd goal wasn't his fault .. it was misplayed by more than him.. partly his fault but he had the right idea

I will say this generally , he is bad defensively, lots to learn.. but that goal hmmm it was fumbled a few times

No he didnt have the right idea at all
i"d put most of the blame on the 2nd goal on him
He has possession with no one checking him and he could get it out at the end of a shift
then he turns back into his own zone for no reason right into a 2 man check, and even his teammates were caught off guard and they are running around goal in the back of the net 2 second later.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
No he didnt have the right idea at all
i"d put most of the blame on the 2nd goal on him
He has possession with no one checking him and he could get it out at the end of a shift
then he turns back into his own zone for no reason and even his teammates were caught off guard and they are running around
He took it behind . Lost it .. loose puck . opportunity to regain possession by 2 Michagan players it was fumbled .. lost again and they scored. So partly to blame.
Its clear he is not strong on the boards but the idea to take it behind is not bad he just had a pressure he couldn't handle enough to move the puck cleanly

Reactions: HzH and Dominance

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He was playing against guys that were 3-4 years older than him, and in a league that is much better than the BCHL. He'll figure it out. Tough when Bordeleau, Brisson, and Berniers are taken from him.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Very skilled player. Great creativity and some of the best hands we’ve seen in the last few drafts. Without having seen Clarke/Lambos, I’d say Johnson’s in my top 3. He could slide out, but that’s where he is right now. 2-3 years from now he’ll be a 60+ point player.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
You like him better than Berniers?
I like Johnson’s production upside more, if you’re asking me. I’ve grown to like Beniers a lot as well, but If I could choose between the two I’d take Johnson.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
He was playing against guys that were 3-4 years older than him, and in a league that is much better than the BCHL. He'll figure it out. Tough when Bordeleau, Brisson, and Berniers are taken from him.
Let’s cut it out with excuses such as this, it doesn’t further things at all. Yes it hurts Michigan to lose York, Beniers, Brisson, Bordeleau and Beecher, but Minnesota was also missing Johnson and Lacombe, two top D. This also gave Johnson the opportunity for more ice and better opportunities, and his goal was excellent. But his game is very one dimensional currently, his strength hinders him a lot right now, can’t pull away from checkers well and he loses most puck battles.

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
Let’s cut it out with excuses such as this, it doesn’t further things at all. Yes it hurts Michigan to lose York, Beniers, Brisson, Bordeleau and Beecher, but Minnesota was also missing Johnson and Lacombe, two top D. This also gave Johnson the opportunity for more ice and better opportunities, and his goal was excellent. But his game is very one dimensional currently, his strength hinders him a lot right now, can’t pull away from checkers well and he loses most puck battles.

That's to be expected for most 17-year olds playing against older, bigger, and stronger competition. That said, Johnson will never be one of the stronger players on the ice even once he is done growing. If he is going to play in the NHL, he will have to rely on his other skills similar to someone like Marner, Pettersson, Pat Kane, etc.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Yeah I see 4 guys tired standing in the middle of the ice not giving any real support to him to try and break the puck out.
That’s been Michigan’s biggest problem this season, when the play breaks down they stand still. Meanwhile the other team gets more aggressive and ends up with a goal because of it. Need to get more gritty.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
This game was so brutal

It was so one sided it was barely watchable.

Michigan Tech literally was credited with one dangerous scoring chance on some crazy broken play in the neutral zone and they got a break away after it was 5 nothing.

This could be what gets Michigan going in the new year after closing out 2020 playing terribly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad