C Jiri Kulich - Rochester Americans, AHL (2022, 28th, BUF)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1662135120874.png

Translated in highlight... he's going overseas.... so Extraliga is out... down to 3 ... Cape Breton (75%), AHL (20%) and NHL (5%).

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Headed to the AHL.

FTR.. this is a tremendous achievement for an 18 year old! There are not many 18 year olds in the AHL. From the sounds of it he will be working on his game away from the puck as a coach mentioned that is something to work on. So I don't expect him to be a .ppg AHL guy... I hope they'll work with him and put him in situation to transition to the NHL.

Congrats Jiri.. you are 18 and one step away from the NHL. I thought you were going to the CHL.

Also continues to prove me theory that the Extraliga is a feeder league for the AHL - Lukas Rousek also got sent down.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Headed to the AHL.

FTR.. this is a tremendous achievement for an 18 year old! There are not many 18 year olds in the AHL. From the sounds of it he will be working on his game away from the puck as a coach mentioned that is something to work on. So I don't expect him to be a .ppg AHL guy... I hope they'll work with him and put him in situation to transition to the AHL.

Congrats Jiri.. you are 18 and one step away from the NHL. I thought you were going to the CHL.

Also continues to prove me theory that the Extraliga is a feeder league for the AHL - Lukas Rousek also got sent down.

Kulich, like most 18-year olds, has plenty to work on but still the tools and toolbox are top notch.

(Also, don't be surprised if Rousek gets NHL games in the near future - high-end speed and tenacity have earned him a lot of respect with the Sabres brass. Of their depth forwards assigned, him and Weissbach another 2nd year AHLer look like they'll be high on the recall list.)

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Kulich, like most 18-year olds, has plenty to work on but still the tools and toolbox are top notch.

(Also, don't be surprised if Rousek gets NHL games in the near future - high-end speed and tenacity have earned him a lot of respect with the Sabres brass. Of their depth forwards assigned, him and Weissbach another 2nd year AHLer look like they'll be high on the recall list.)
Thanks, that's what I remember too. Rousek is a motor! LIke a Raska. He may be able to etch out a few years as a bottom 6 energy type guy! Final year on contract with Buffalo as an RFA. Curious how this ends.

My ideal for Kulich would be AHL till Xmas, lights up the Jr's and then hits Buffalo's team in the New Year. However, a year in the A would be totally fine by me as well. I look forward to discussing him the redraft in 3 years.haha

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He pretty much made the decision for them. They weren’t going to send him to take a big step down in competition in the Q. They could have sent him back to the Czech league, and maybe they should have, but their new kick is getting player development under their own roof when they feel the player can handle it. So he made it a no brainer where he was heading.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
One can hope. I have fears based on previous players hitting the AHL at young ages but this kid is something when he's on the ice. There is almost as much drive as there is jawline. Almost.
I agree. He is going to do well in AHL. Physically he is in amazing shape so strength and size won’t be an issue in AHL. Effort level is always there with him. Talent is there. I’m sure there will be a small adjustment period…after that he is going to take off.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I hope that he will have a lot of support in Šapovaliv. He came up through the lineup last time, played well, and seems to be in good form even now. Together with Kulich, they should be key players, perhaps Šalé will join as well.
That's what I think too.. but this is our U18 line at a U20. I think they can get it done but it's a big ask.

Szturc is doing very well. Brabenec might step up a little.

If Jiricek and kulich are in NHL then we are toast!

Reactions: Goodman68

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Kulich won’t be in the NHL for WJC barring a Historic amount of injuries. They have two guys sitting in the pressbox already. Theyd call up a lot of people before him because they have more experience. Bjork, Malone, Biro, Murray would all get the call. Weissbach would be the first call if they went young guy getting his first taste. Rousek would get a call before him especially since they’ll want Kulich at WJC. Rosen would probably get the call too because he’s a year older and producing as well.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
since they’ll want Kulich at WJC
I'm fine with all that and hope you're right. I'd prefer Rousek first too.

Just curious why you think the Sabres would want him there? NHL teams don't really give a shit about the WJC.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I'm fine with all that and hope you're right. I'd prefer Rousek first too.

Just curious why you think the Sabres would want him there? NHL teams don't really give a shit about the WJC.
I just think it’s a part of their developmental plan for him. They know he’s headed straight to the harder waters of the AHL. A few weeks being the man at WJC before gearing up for the second half of the year seems like a gift. Get him acclimated to the workload of pro hockey in the states. Let him go see big minutes and situations in international play against peers. Then ramp him up in Rochester

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I would be surprised and mildly disappointed if they don't make players available for the U20's (Rosen as well as Kulich).
I would be stunned if they didn’t go. It’s such a great tool for development. Gives them a break from their first AHL seasons. They come back better for it in the short and long term.

Reactions: Reddawg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad