C Jiri Kulich - Rochester Americans, AHL (2022, 28th, BUF)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
He will score two goals today and everything will be fine again;)
I sort of am hoping for something like this. We know the D are playing at or above level. Suchanek is playing above his ability. The bottom 6 guys are scoring and tilting ice. Sapo has 5 assists to lead the D+ 1 guys.

Only thing missing is the expected Kulich bump from summer, AHL or U18. I think he's just had bad luck as he's had a lot of great shots and a really nice tip last game. One goes in and you know how it goes.... he's my under the radar black ace starting tomorrow!

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
This didn’t age well 😂 IMO he’s looked dangerous all tourney, was 2nd to Bedard in SOG coming into today, just wasn’t getting the bounces. A big points night seemed inevitable.

well, i was wrong...

I would say "Dissapoining tournament from him so far" was correct at the time. And also correct that Kulich looked good despite the puck not going in.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
well, i was wrong...
It's not like you came in hot with a crazy take like he's a BUST AINEC. He was pointless in 3 out of 4 games. He was playing well but not finishing. Now he's finished a few. And look, Sale's looking better!

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He was pointless in some games but he’s been getting quality shots every night. You can’t guarantee they go in…but getting so many on net means they will eventually. Production wise 3 of the 5 games have been disappointing. Play wise? Maybe just the Sweden game. And in that game he had an incredible PK shift to get a SOG 1 on 5 and draw a penalty.

Dude had like 10 shots on goal against Germany. I can’t call that a bad game because none went in.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
It will forever be a mystery to me how he fell to 28. Thought it was a steal on draft day and the WJC has just further cemented that opinion. Buffalo got a good one here on a team already loaded with young talent. I like Savoie too, but we'll see, wouldn't shock me if he ends up the best of their '22 picks.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It will forever be a mystery to me how he fell to 28. Thought it was a steal on draft day and the WJC has just further cemented that opinion. Buffalo got a good one here on a team already loaded with young talent. I like Savoie too, but we'll see, wouldn't shock me if he ends up the best of their '22 picks.

I think a bit like Snuggerud, Kulich was well liked leading up to the draft but there are only so many teams willing to take a winger and each of them had at least one guy they preferred who had one dominant quality that those guys didn't have. They were really good at everything but weren't the absolute best at anything.

I also like him ahead of Savoie, but I can't say ahead of Ostlund yet.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
I think a bit like Snuggerud, Kulich was well liked leading up to the draft but there are only so many teams willing to take a winger and each of them had at least one guy they preferred who had one dominant quality that those guys didn't have. They were really good at everything but weren't the absolute best at anything.

I also like him ahead of Savoie, but I can't say ahead of Ostlund yet.
Ironic enough, Snuggerud was also one of my favorite prospects last year. I don't love last year's top 10, but I do like a lot of players that went in the teens so I do get that. But if McGroarty is going 14 and Lekkerimäki 15, Kemmell 17, Ohgren 19, (all wingers in the NHL) then Kulich shouldn't be any further behind that grouping IMO. Personally, I like Kulich the best out of the 5.

To the bolded, I think Kulich's shot/release projects as high end for the NHL. Up there for best in the draft.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Ironic enough, Snuggerud was also one of my favorite prospects last year. I don't love last year's top 10, but I do like a lot of players that went in the teens so I do get that. But if McGroarty is going 14 and Lekkerimäki 15, Kemmell 17, Ohgren 19, (all wingers in the NHL) then Kulich shouldn't be any further behind that grouping IMO. Personally, I like Kulich the best out of the 5.

To the bolded, I think Kulich's shot/release projects as high end for the NHL. Up there for best in the draft.

I think Kulich or Snuggerud might have been the #2 guy for some of those clubs behind who they took.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
What makes Kulich so interesting is that he’s a safe to project player without the plus shot. He plays a pro game through and through. Has the right mentality, plays aggressive and smart. Good skater. Pretty much has the floor that you look for everywhere. And he has a plus shot. It’s what drew me to him in the pre draft process. I saw a guy who I believed would make the NHL and then had a great shot on top of it. He was going to make a lineup and get minutes. And at any time his shot could add production.

It‘s weird to me that he fell because he’s kind of what people usually look for mid round. A near elite trait and you hope you can round out the rough parts of his game like skating, IQ or being willing to go to certain areas. And Kulich already did those things in a pro league at 17. Feels like he maybe got caught in a “but what’s his ceiling” question which to me is backwards thinking. His ceiling is the same as you’re hoping guys in the middle of the round are…but without as much risk because he has a high floor in so many areas. If he didn’t have the great shooting ability I would get it. Because he would lack that extra dynamic that you take shots at. But he has it.

I mean I get it on some level. He doesn’t scream top line upside and if you have another guy who you think can get there you take swings. I just think he’s a write him in pen middle six winger who can play with anyone and make them better. And he has the shot to pay off on his own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad