C Jiri Kulich - Rochester Americans, AHL (2022, 28th, BUF)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I must say, I’m not a big fan of button. But he deserves a lot more credit on this website than we generally give him.

Also, as a blues/Sabres supporter, this post is exciting to see haha
I just looked at last year's list again -- I think he'll have a lot more big misses in the last draft than hits. I do love his Snuggerud ranking, that was one where he seems to have nailed it when a lot of other teams had him notably lower.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I just looked at last year's list again -- I think he'll have a lot more big misses in the last draft than hits. I do love his Snuggerud ranking, that was one where he seems to have nailed it when a lot of other teams had him notably lower.
Is he similiar to mckenzie where his lists are combined with other scouts thoughts? Or is it all his brain?

ManByng

Oilers cup 2025
Aug 4, 2009
Reykjavik, Iceland
I think he's the best of the 2004-born Czech players for the upcoming draft, and I would not be surprised if he started getting a lot more hype as the season goes on. Really talented player with the puck and he skates very well. He's probably about tied with Slavicek for offensive tools, but the big difference I see between the two is that Kulich skates a lot better. Kulich is a very good skater with his straight ahead speed and edge work. He led the Czech's in points at the Hlinka and was also the captain.

Jiri Kulich at eliteprospects.com
Kulich looked REALLY good in this tournament ! He almost looked NHL ready to me at least and has 16 points in 24 AHL games as an 18 year old ! Very good pick by Buffalo !! :thumbu:

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Top 15 talent in the draft last year but dropped due to his small pedigree and unknown of the Czech league.

Now I think he has one of the best pedigrees of the entire draft at this moment in time (considering what he's doing in the AHL + this WJC performance) to go with that talent. Got a great one late.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Good tournament, clearly the forward leader of a very good Czech team.
Could see him having a role similar to Marchessault in a few years. Top 6 forward with PP1 time and flirting with 60-80 points. Great value at the end of 1st round, I wanted Tampa to draft him

rsg87

Apr 1, 2011
Is it right that he can play WJC next year too? I think he could challenge for NHL time but the Sabres may want to keep him developing in Rochester where he seems to be doing quite well. He plays a game that translates very well to the NHL level.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Is it right that he can play WJC next year too? I think he could challenge for NHL time but the Sabres may want to keep him developing in Rochester where he seems to be doing quite well. He plays a game that translates very well to the NHL level.
Yes he can play next year as well. I think the timeline Sabres expect at this moment in time is him being a call up to start the year next year and maybe earns a full time spot by the end of the season.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
The entire first line is eligible next year. Sale and sapo will be available ....not sure if Kulich may not be in NHL.

The kid is clutch.. scored the empty net winner against US in summer, OT goal against Sweden and scored against Canada in the third last night.

ManByng

Oilers cup 2025
Aug 4, 2009
Reykjavik, Iceland
Good tournament, clearly the forward leader of a very good Czech team.
Could see him having a role similar to Marchessault in a few years. Top 6 forward with PP1 time and flirting with 60-80 points. Great value at the end of 1st round, I wanted Tampa to draft him
Not sure if he'll score that much but as hard as he works I can see him getting at least into the 20's for goals and assists every year if the cards fall right.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Very good prospect think he should be in the ahl another year with the occasional call up just because we don't have to rush him he might be ready but another year as a 19-20 year old would only benefit him. Like others have said great all around 200 ft type of player with a great shot who might be ready for the nhl next year but top line all situations would probably be better for him so he can shore up his skills even more he almost reminds me of hossa with his strengths

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Seems like Buffalo already has 8 of their top 9 forward spots spoken for, and all 3 of their centers. Nowhere near a cap crunch so it's not like they have to jettison anybody.

I think the team should have only 7/9 spoken for, as the only one I’d rather get rid of is Olofsson. I like the guy, but he’s more of a luxury. Although I can see him back next year while Kulich gets another AHL year (barring injuries).

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I think he could play in NHL next year but I think Sabres will want to push his ELC one more year so I think he stays in AHL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Had an assist and played center again tonight. The first few at center instead of the wing were rough, but he's starting to pick it up a bit. Still has work to do (he was late covering which lead to the first Marlie goal tonight for example), but he's a gem.

Edit - he's 4-5-9 in his last 8. His development is beginning to accelerate.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
His year has gone pretty much exactly as I expected even at 18 in the AHL. He might have actually produced more than I expected early…but I did expect him to dial up production at this point of the year. His game translates to any level…and it translated to this one quickly. He’s going to have a monster year next year and when he forces his call up he won’t ever look back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad