C Jiri Kulich - Rochester Americans, AHL (2022, 28th, BUF)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Someone else here suggested he play another year in Rochester. I'd agree with that. Give him as much AHL seasoning as you can. Peterka & Quinn have been more quiet than productive so far. Not sure what to make out of that. And I don't think 4th line minutes are helping Peyton Krebs either.
He will be back in the AHL next year 100% .. Peterka and Quinn are doing fine. They need to get stronger and deal with the physicality a little better but they're both learning a lot. Quinn had stepped up his game recently and even got in his first fight.

As for Krebs the 4th line has done him wonders... he has worked hard to simplify his game and cut out the bad turnovers he was susceptible to. He likely never becomes a top 6 forward.. he is embracing his bottom 6 role

• Love
Reactions: Chainshot

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Yes he is, absolute stud. There's an Sabres video at the draft showing Adams & team choosing between Ostlund and Kulich, then after they selected Ostlund they are trying 3 or 4 times to trade up right after to get Kulich but got no takers. They wanted him bad and luckily he fell.
I believe Adams in the video says they tried SIX times to make a trade. Not in a talking head later either…he says it at the table to an assistant when they’re on the clock and he falls. They wanted him bad. They had video of the table talking about trying to get up to 17 and take him back to back with Ostlund.

Cant believe they did all that work and then he was just there lol

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I believe Adams in the video says they tried SIX times to make a trade. Not in a talking head later either…he says it at the table to an assistant when they’re on the clock and he falls. They wanted him bad. They had video of the table talking about trying to get up to 17 and take him back to back with Ostlund.

Cant believe they did all that work and then he was just there lol

Sometimes it takes pure luck!

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Wanted him over Lekkerimaki and had him top 10 on my board. So far nothing has happened but validation for this

BUF and MIN did very well getting value in that draft....unreal MIN got Yurov as late as they did

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Wanted him over Lekkerimaki and had him top 10 on my board. So far nothing has happened but validation for this

BUF and MIN did very well getting value in that draft....unreal MIN got Yurov as late as they did
Both teams can thank the Ducks for making a colossal mistake at 22.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
He reminds me of Vrana tbh. Connor is a great comp though. Sale is Hemsky. Jiricek is some bastard child of Kubina and Slegr. Hamara is Kaberla. Svozil is Zidlicky.
He is also killing penalties and is physical along the boards, also he is playing center in Rochester. He is nothing like Vrana. Also i don't believe Hamara to be nhl player in future, but i would love to be wrong.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I was one of those. Already seems like a mistake for the Habs.
I've had Mesar higher than Kulich until Kulich's u18 wjc performance. I think Kulich can be top 6 winger who can easily play top6 center in case of some injuries. Every coach loves these hybrid players. Nobody expected Kulich to improve at this ridiculous pace and I think that Sabres just had pure luck in this draft. He also grew from 5''11 170lbs to 6'00'' 180lbs in ONE year, his size is not problem anymore. About Mesar i´ve expected him to destroy OHL considering his skill and that he was playing against men before.

Last edited:

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
He reminds me of Vrana tbh. Connor is a great comp though. Sale is Hemsky. Jiricek is some bastard child of Kubina and Slegr. Hamara is Kaberla. Svozil is Zidlicky.
Kulich is a consistent physical player, Vrana is lazy and inconsistent. We would be hard pressed to find more different players. They have a common advantage of the shot and that's where the mutual form ends.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I've had Mesar higher than Kulich until Kulich's u18 wjc performance. I think Kulich can be top 6 winger who can easily play top6 center in case of some injuries. Every coach loves these hybrid players. Nobody expected Kulich to improve at this ridiculous pace and I think that Sabres just had pure luck in this draft. He also grew from 5''11 170lbs to 6'00'' 180lbs in ONE year, his size is not problem anymore. About Mesar i´ve expected him to destroy OHL considering his skill and that he was playing against men before.
I don't think there was any luck to it. He was a monster at the WJC before the draft.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Kulich is a consistent physical player, Vrana is lazy and inconsistent. We would be hard pressed to find more different players. They have a common advantage of the shot and that's where the mutual form ends.
And the SPEED! 2 things.

• Love
Reactions: Goodman68

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Interesting to see him doing this while again being put back at center. They've tried it earlier and his line was getting the worst of it but now, they aren't spending the same amount of time in their own zone. He's still got a lot to learn there and he probably does advance to the next level on the wing, but for right now, with a team that has no real AHL veteran offensive pivot, he's giving them positive GF/GA production in that role. At 18.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad