C Jiri Kulich - Rochester Americans, AHL (2022, 28th, BUF)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
does any1 have his NHLe chart? as a 18 year old in the AHL this is awesome progression. Hes going to take Olofssons spot in the lineup next year

Reactions: Wats

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Kulich in his draft year saying this casually to reporter in camp: "I want to make it to NHL this year" When he said that i was like damn i want this guy´s confidence lol.
The crazy thing is that if Buffalo had a year like…any of their past decade? He would have done it. He’d probably be playing there right now to get a look if they weren’t still trying to win games first and foremost.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
He won't have the highest gpg or ppg for an 18 year old but he will have the most goals and maybe points for one on a weak weak AHL team.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Robert Dome: 21 goals, 46 points in 35 games.

Sorting by .ppg is interesting...

1679971496754.png

Obviously, Pasta and Willy went on to great things. The rest are not sure things!

Dome never really did much
Neither did Filatov
Perfetti is coming alone nicely
JP was a healthy scratch last night on his second team
Chytil has taken awhile to get there.. and I hope his 'there' is even higher than this season.
Forrester is back in the AHL?
Wisdom went to the ECHL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sorting by .ppg is interesting...

View attachment 677301

Obviously, Pasta and Willy went on to great things. The rest are not sure things!

Dome never really did much
Neither did Filatov
Perfetti is coming alone nicely
JP was a healthy scratch last night on his second team
Chytil has taken awhile to get there.. and I hope his 'there' is even higher than this season.
Forrester is back in the AHL?
Wisdom went to the ECHL

Yep, it's a mixed bag and no indication of future success.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
3 of the 5 ahead of Kulich include a bonafide superstar, a star 1st liner and a top prospect/young player. I am more excited about Kulich then Savoie and I think Savoie will be a 60-70 point 2001-2004 level Briere player. But Kulich is putting his name in the annals of hockey history. Yeah yeah CHLers can't even play in the AHL but even if they could 99.9 % of them couldn't even do it. Honestly Kulich would probably be a better NHL player this year then what Okposo, Greenway, Girgs etc have done its just not worth it for his development compared to being top dog in the AHL.

Imagine Kulich and Savoie earning spots and you have your top 9 set and that is choosing between Mitts and Krebs. And let the entire 4th line go and sign 3 of the best 4th liners even if you have to spend 8-9 mil on 3 guys that will play 11-12 minutes a game. Get 3 guys who can colldctively PK, win face offs and initiate contact and hit. Girgs, Okposo, Greenway and Jost don't do any of those 3 things so I really have no idea why anyone thinks any of them should be back no matter what. We are literally at the bottom of the PK, face off %, and hits so why exactly is Girgs essential ? Just like Johan Larsson, somehow he would have made us better yet he is doing what exactly ? Girgs on a good team is a 11-12 forward making 2 mil.

Kulich seems to be the player the Sabres thought Girgs was. Spent a season in the AHL then brought up. And Girgs was his best his first couple seasons by far. Kulich is far more talented and will be an impact top 6 forward. I don't think Kulich is playing again for Rochester full time after this year. And I think he will have just as big or an even bigger impact then Peterka had this year next season.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I had Kulich in my top 10 last year and was really hoping that AZ moved up to take Kulich, but we took Geekie. Kulich was a steal by Buffalo...he should be in the lineup next season and you are correct that Buffalo needs to replace their entire 4th line with the exact players you suggest. Heavy bodies who bang, can PK and hit anything that moves. Buffalo is lucky that Kulich fell right into their laps. Great pick!

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
I had Kulich in my top 10 last year
The draft contest run by @rakish uses Buffalo. I was the only participant to "acquire" Kulich--actually at 16.
Buffalo is lucky that Kulich fell right into their laps. Great pick!
To brag a little, in addition to getting Kulich at 16, I "picked" Tristan Luneau at 28. Have to think the Sabres would love a top 4 of Dahlin/Luneau/Power/Samuelsson.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Dream scenario next year for me lineupwise would be:
Tage/Skinner/Tuch
Cozens/Quinn/JJP
Savoie/Kulich/Krebs or Mitts
ROR2x6/Bjugstad/Bonino

I know someone will sign ROR to longer term but he can be such a nice piece in the lineup able to play anywhere, win draws, kill penalties and 2 other vets to offset all the youth. Trade Olofsson in a package for a RHD

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Set the record for most goals by an 18 year old in the AHL.

Not a record holder just yet. I assume you got this from QuantHockey but they only start their records from 1993-94 season. All-time AHL record for most goals by an 18 year old is from 1992-93 season, by Jozef Cierny (playing for Rochester Americans like Kulich) and his 27 goals. Kulich last game tied Fleming MacKell (1947-48) for second most goals by an 18 year old.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Not a record holder just yet. I assume you got this from QuantHockey but they only start their records from 1993-94 season. All-time AHL record for most goals by an 18 year old is from 1992-93 season, by Jozef Cierny (playing for Rochester Americans like Kulich) and his 27 goals. Kulich last game tied Fleming MacKell (1947-48) for second most goals by an 18 year old.

That's great digging but are we counting 47-48?

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad