C Jiri Kulich - Rochester Americans, AHL (2022, 28th, BUF)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Even if he was able to carry this production into the NHL immediately…there’s a decent chance his rookie year will be the same as a certain upcoming draft pick who looks like he might be pretty decent
Michkov?lol

• Haha
Reactions: Team Cozens

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Well, he is pretty good, but he is no Kulich.
You forgot to point out that Kulich tied Bedard in those 2 games against the Czechs. 1 goal each but Kulich was in the Gold Medal Game and Bedard was in first game of tourney. Kulich is more clutch! It's clear as day they are equals :)

Boxing Day:

1680197397006.png

Gold Medal Game

1680197454796.png

FTR.. Bedard got 27 points in that tourney in 7 games. 26 points in the 5 games (over 5ppg) against everyone else and 1 point in 2 games against the Czechs (.5 ppg). That is an amazing accomplishment for the Czechs.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
You forgot to point out that Kulich tied Bedard in those 2 games against the Czechs. 1 goal each but Kulich was in the Gold Medal Game and Bedard was in first game of tourney. Kulich is more clutch! It's clear as day they are equals :)

Boxing Day:

View attachment 678558

Gold Medal Game

View attachment 678559

FTR.. Bedard got 27 points in that tourney in 7 games. 26 points in the 5 games (over 5ppg) against everyone else and 1 point in 2 games against the Czechs (.5 ppg). That is an amazing accomplishment for the Czechs.
edit.. 23 points.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
problem is that I don't believe Kulich will have an immediate prime spot on the Sabres if he is put in the lineup next year.
He will work his way up into top6 spot. Maybe not in the next year, but i have no doubts.

Last edited:

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
He will work his way up into top6 spot. Maybe not in the next year, but i have no doubts.
I think it’ll be tough next year for him to find a role without injury or trade. Even in the next two years it’s going to be tough for him to get a top 6 role unless he can outperform Quinn or JJP.

Skinner-Thompson-Tuch is a solid line with long term contracts

Peterka-Cozens-Quinn is only going to get better and has the making of a great line.

Mittelstadt, Krebs, Greenway, and Olofsson are all coming back next year and I doubt they get rid of Jost. So, he could feasibly replace Girgensons, Hinostroza, or Okposo.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think it’ll be tough next year for him to find a role without injury or trade. Even in the next two years it’s going to be tough for him to get a top 6 role unless he can outperform Quinn or JJP.

Peterka-Cozens-Quinn is only going to get better and has the making of a great line.

Mittelstadt, Krebs, Greenway, and Olofsson are all coming back next year and I doubt they get rid of Jost. So, he could feasibly replace Girgensons, Hinostroza, or Okposo.

It wouldn’t be a surprise if Olofsson is given the heave-ho this summer.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018

Girgensons or Okposo will be kicked out by Rousek, with Olofsson being replaced by Kulich in next two years unless Sabres want to tank.

Reactions: Gabrielor

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012

The Sabres bottom 6 is literally all lefties and Vinny…lol

And like all their prospects are lefties. WHY AM I JUST NOW NOTICING THIS

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
The Swords are going to have to move a couple young offensive chips and one of their kid goalies for some stud D to go with Dahlin and Power.

Let's say Cozens and Quinn are untouchable... one or two of Krebs, Savoie, Kulich, Paterka, Rosen may need to be dangled for another young, gem on D.

The Ducks have Drysdale, Zellweger and Mintyukov... you wonder if something could be worked out with them?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The Swords are going to have to move a couple young offensive chips and one of their kid goalies for some stud D to go with Dahlin and Power.

Let's say Cozens and Quinn are untouchable... one or two of Krebs, Savoie, Kulich, Paterka, Rosen may need to be dangled for another young, gem on D.

The Ducks have Drysdale, Zellweger and Mintyukov... you wonder if something could be worked out with them?
I don’t see Buffalo going hunting for that big of game tbh. Yes they desperately need another top 4 D. Like…unbelievably desperately. But I think they look at it like…Dahlin and Power will be our top 2 D heading their own pairs…and they either already are or project to be great. They didn’t need an elite all around D to unlock Dahlin…Samuelsson’s steady play was all they needed. So I figure they’ll be aiming for a steady hand to play with Power on the second pair and not targeting top young guns.

But they do eventually have to do something. There isn’t enough space for all the forwards that will be entering the lineup the next few years.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I don’t see Buffalo going hunting for that big of game tbh. Yes they desperately need another top 4 D. Like…unbelievably desperately. But I think they look at it like…Dahlin and Power will be our top 2 D heading their own pairs…and they either already are or project to be great. They didn’t need an elite all around D to unlock Dahlin…Samuelsson’s steady play was all they needed. So I figure they’ll be aiming for a steady hand to play with Power on the second pair and not targeting top young guns.

But they do eventually have to do something. There isn’t enough space for all the forwards that will be entering the lineup the next few years.
Honestly think it’ll be better to be proactive. Even if the idea of losing/consolidating a couple assets doesn’t seem that attractive. The Kings had a similar surplus a couple years ago and while they are certainly progressing as an organization just fine - they definitely missed a window to sell high on some of their overload of prospect depth. Many of those blue chippers back then are somewhat diminished assets now.

I know the counterpoint is - let’s just see who actually rises to the top so we don’t deal the wrong guys - but I still think the Sabres are in a great position on the next year or so to trade in some poker chips to push the club from promising to contending. We can say they are still a long ways off but the reality is with a few key experienced additions - I don’t think they are far off from the “Devils model”. You can go from promising to “right there” pretty quickly when you have the sheer talent and asset weight the Sabres have accrued.

All that said - I’d put Kulich on my “don’t touch” list, even ahead of some of the young guys who have already made the league. I just think he’s that good. The kid is still only 18 for heavens sake. Just a wow, what he is doing and how well he has adapted.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
This draft could be a special one for the Sabres. Their first round picks have all been bangers (Savoie, Ostlund, Kulich). If they turn the corner into a contender, the 2022 draft will likely be a big factor.

I think most teams (outside of drafting in the top-5 to 10) would've been ecstatic with one of Kulich/ Ostlund/ Savoie as their first pick given how theyre developing, and Buffalo has all three of them. Crazy.

And that's on top of Power (easy pick) and Quinn being selected by this regime the previous years. Adams is certainly proving himself to be a great drafter and is showing he can develop the talent as well.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY

Its pretty likely that Rosen and Ostlund are open to be moved for comparable D-man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad