C Jiri Kulich - Rochester Americans, AHL (2022, 28th, BUF)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Kid has 9 points in 6 games this postseason, and the team is 6-0 with him in the lineup.

His shot beat Woll CLEAN today. With how Woll played in the playoffs, Kulich beating him clean like that shows me his shot is absolutely going to be an NHL strength. If he can round out his other areas, he will be a big time player
His shot is what makes him the player he is. I still can't get over the Habs passing on him when they drafted Mesar but then again many other teams passed on him for some odd reason. He had star potential and it was clear.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
This has been a huge playoffs for Rosen as well. Theyre gaining valuable experience on this run. The most encouraging part is, they've both been key contributors throughout the playoffs.

You love to see it. Peterka and Quinn last year. Rosen and Kulich this year. Just churning out talent in Rochester.

Ill be going to a game this round. For sure!
Next year maybe it'll be Levi and Kisakov

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Next year maybe it'll be Levi and Kisakov
Kozak and Kisakov will be the names people talk about next year for Rochester.

Regarding Kulich, you can tell in the offensive zone he is already an NHL quality talent. His passes are crisp, he works the boards well, he is a heads up player. His best trait is finding that soft spot in the coverage to get his shot off. He puts himself in places to score consistently.

He needs work in his own zone, and sometimes he looks a little lazy on the backcheck if the puck carrier isnt RIGHT in front of him.

With that being said, he will absolutely push for a roster spot next year in the NHL and could force the Sabres to make a decision with some other talent on the team. I expect him to be a 30-20 guy at least in the bigs.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
His shot is what makes him the player he is. I still can't get over the Habs passing on him when they drafted Mesar but then again many other teams passed on him for some odd reason. He had star potential and it was clear.
he was too small, nobody expected him to grow this fast, he scores goals in big games, is hard worker, and can play C if somebody gets hurt. I think he is going to be crucial player in playoffs for Sabres

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I may just buy a Kulich Amerks jersey if he carries this team to a Calder Cup win.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
he was too smol, nobody expected him to grow this fast, he scores goals in big games and he is hard worker, i think he is going to be crucial player in playoffs for Sabres

His AHL coach has talked about how Kulich is (and I'm paraphrasing here) "already built like a man".

I would like to see him clean up his defense. Some of that is finding just one position since they have used him at ever forward spot this year, sometimes shifting him from wing to center in the same game. It's not easy with that on top of the language/culture/league adaptations but he doesn't seem to shrink from challenges.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
His AHL coach has talked about how Kulich is (and I'm paraphrasing here) "already built like a man".

I would like to see him clean up his defense. Some of that is finding just one position since they have used him at ever forward spot this year, sometimes shifting him from wing to center in the same game. It's not easy with that on top of the language/culture/league adaptations but he doesn't seem to shrink from challenges.
do you have any comparable player stylistically? He reminds me of Vrana who can play body and defense.

• Wow
Reactions: Goodman68

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

Adams has spoken about this in the past. He wants ultra competitive players who will do anything to win. Kulich seems to be of that ilk.

It's wild he fell as far as he did with an elite shot and an ultra competitve attitude. The sky's the limit for the kid.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Adams has spoken about this in the past. He wants ultra competitive players who will do anything to win. Kulich seems to be of that ilk.

It's wild he fell as far as he did with an elite shot and an ultra competitve attitude. The sky's the limit for the kid.
Wasn't his playmaking highly questionable at the time?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I think if I had to pick one player that Kulich doesn't remind me of, it would be Vrana. He has a great shot, he's a great skater, but the rest is different. Vrana is often a lazy, inconsistent and unengaged player, which in my opinion is the exact opposite of Kulich.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Just watching playoffs this year, the player who looked most stylistically comparable in 2023 is imo Carter Verhaege. That shot is a concern for opponents even beyond the top of the circles. A three-way scoring threat who can snipe, deke or one-time, can threaten with outside speed and who takes the puck to the middle of the ice for opportunities too.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
prior to this season

2 seasons and 60 games in the pro's for Czech Extraleague (or what ever its called today)
- also 10 games in the 2nd division

18 goals and about 30 points (1.16 ppg) in the world juniors (18 and 20)
ppg in the Hlinka

He was ranked in the top 15 by 5 agency's/people, top 20 by 6
Why did he fell to 28th? almost to the 2nd round..

an obvious top 5 / top 10 pick in a redraft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad