C Jiri Kulich - Rochester Americans, AHL (2022, 28th, BUF)

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
1+0 in 7 games, doesn't look very promising so far.
What's worse is that this is with pretty decent ice time and with a team that is scoring 4+ goals per game lately.

Disappointing and angering for sure. But Czech hockey fan is kinda used to it these days lol

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Early in seasons like this I like to look at shots to get a bigger picture. Kulich is getting a decent amount of shots on goal, fourth on the team for forwards. The points will come.

Agreed, I don’t think there’s any question the shot and offensive instincts will play so the counting stats will likely come…this is not a guy with a 6% shooting type shot over the long haul.

I’d be more interested from those watching game to game if his all around compete and play away from the puck has been improved. I only saw the first game in Europe (which may have been his worst game of the season) and he again looked like a guy who just wasn’t ready from an all-around standpoint. It would seem he has settled into at least a regular usage role so that seems promising from a “doing the things coaches want even if not on the scoresheet” perspective?

Reactions: Dempsey

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Agreed, I don’t think there’s any question the shot and offensive instincts will play so the counting stats will likely come…this is not a guy with a 6% shooting type shot over the long haul.

I’d be more interested from those watching game to game if his all around compete and play away from the puck has been improved. I only saw the first game in Europe (which may have been his worst game of the season) and he again looked like a guy who just wasn’t ready from an all-around standpoint. It would seem he has settled into at least a regular usage role so that seems promising from a “doing the things coaches want even if not on the scoresheet” perspective?

He's certainly doing more things that coaches want at the moment - alert and active backchecking, driving lanes inside, and the fun one in the last few - being the first man in on the forecheck, often against two opponents, and they are still coming out with the puck. He did it repeatedly against the Wings. He's often been the best player on his line since both Cozens and Quinn are struggling. The game is there. I think he should stay in the lineup and yes, the points will come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad