C Hendrix Lapierre - (2020, 22nd, WSH)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Has a goal so far this afternoon, I think he's playing a very good game so far, creates a lot of chances, shines with his ability to read the play.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I wonder how much stock scouts will put into a small sample size like this

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal

I don't know that they will put much stock into it, but healthy Lapierre was very highly regarded to begin with, I'm just assuming teams that were hesitant for his health may be glad to see what's going on and may move him a couple ranks higher but not much more than that.

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I don't know that they will put much stock into it, but healthy Lapierre was very highly regarded to begin with, I'm just assuming teams that were hesitant for his health may be glad to see what's going on and may move him a couple ranks higher but not much more than that.
I agree. I think he still goes 2nd round. Sure, he’s healthy now, but staying healthy for a few games doesn’t to a whole lot to prove concussions aren’t going to nag his whole career

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I agree. I think he still goes 2nd round. Sure, he’s healthy now, but staying healthy for a few games doesn’t to a whole lot to prove concussions aren’t going to nag his whole career

I'm completely on the other side, I always evaluated him as a top 10 pick and I still have him there. That's if his last injuries were really not concussions. Teams probably know for sure.

Reactions: Dominance

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015

These couple of games probably mean much more for Lapierre than other QMJHL draft eligible players.

There has always been two concerns with him: (1) health, (2) his poor play in QMJHL last season. The health issue can be explained by the vertebrate issue. The poor play last season can be excused as injury-related, but no one knows for certain. It would be tough for a team to pick him high in the draft without these games, when the last memory was his unimpressive regular season play. They can say he played great in Hlinka but that was just one tournament.

His much improved play this season more or less confirmed that last season was an anomaly due to injury.

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
These couple of games probably means much more for Lapierre than other QMJHL draft eligible players.

There has always been two concerns with him: (1) health, (2) his poor play in QMJHL last season. The health issue can be explained by the vertebrate issue. The poor play last season can be excused as injury-related, but no one knows for certain. It would be tough for a team to pick him high in the draft without these games, when the last memory was his unimpressive regular season play. They can say he played great in Hlinka but that was just one tournament.

His much improved play this season more or less confirmed that last season was an anomaly due to injury.

The kid is doing his best to catch scout's and GM's attention and be drafted top-12.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
It's funny how high stakes these early junior games feel like. Not usual to be regularly playing like this in the days around the draft. He's lucky to have a chance to show he's healthy right now and he's taking advantage of it.

I wouldn't mind taking him at 15.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

I also think that some teams in the 10-20 range are going to put alot of stock in his pre draft performances, if they continue at this clip.

Heck I could even see some team taking a flyer on him higher than that.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Top 10 talent big time.

Those who thinks that he will be draft between 20-30th lives in the Trump's world..lol.

Also those who really don't want to have Lapierre with Mtl at 16th...don't worry...he will be draft before that..

Reactions: 1909 and Jtown

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Like Khovanov, injury/sickness- bascally time not playing- has affected his stock but he is probably a top 10 talent. Khovanov I wouldn't say should have been a top 10, but probably a top 20.

I hope the best for this kid.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017

There is absolutely no chance he makes it to the 2nd round. I find it highly unlikely that he even makes it past 15 or 20

Reactions: 57special

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

I think he’d be the perfect sens pick at 28 if he makes it there.

I came to say this. I definitely think a team like the sens culd take him with their third first rounder. They can afford some high risk high reward, and odds are decent that another player they like at that spot could be available 4 picks later with their high pick in the second

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Not a chance he goes in round 2. He is playing way too good and the health concerns don't look too bad going forward assuming his agent is telling the truth.

Reactions: McDoused

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Not a chance he goes in round 2. He is playing way too good and the health concerns don't look too bad going forward assuming his agent is telling the truth.
That’s a big assumption. He’s got regular season games under his belt and we don’t know if his agent is telling the truth. Don’t be suprised when he goes in the 2nd. I know a lot of teams said the would t touch him in the top 50 and I don’t see them grabbing their erasers and redoing a board that’s likely been done for a while because the guy has played 2 games of good hockey. jmo

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018
McKenzie had him 7th in his preseason rankings, if teams have seen enough to believe injury concerns are behind him he won’t make it to 20
Have teams seen enough? Where are you drawing this information from? He could very well go in the 1st round if a team is willing to take a risk but this is a very small sample size.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He certainly has helped himself. One of the things that Lapierre has going for him if that he is, unlike many in this draft, a pretty sure thing to be a Center going forward. Teams needing Centers will take note. Teams like MTL, not so much.

Reactions: Jtown
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
That’s a big assumption. He’s got regular season games under his belt and we don’t know if his agent is telling the truth. Don’t be suprised when he goes in the 2nd. I know a lot of teams said the would t touch him in the top 50 and I don’t see them grabbing their erasers and redoing a board that’s likely been done for a while because the guy has played 2 games of good hockey. jmo

Teams don't have to believe his agent. They have their own doctors looking at the medical reports.

Reactions: Fixxer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad