C Hendrix Lapierre - (2020, 22nd, WSH)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
He likely still needs two more seasons at least before being a full time NHLer, though it's possible that he starts the season in Washington (for less than 10 games) to help cover until Backstrom is healthy.

He's prevented from playing in the AHL this upcoming season, so another year in the Q where I want to see him become a consistently dominant first line center. And then a year or so in the AHL playing against "men" to get used to that. With Backstrom and Kuznetsov already on the roster, and McMichael nearly ready, they don't need to rush him.

I was pleasantly surprised to see his size listed on the Caps camp roster as 6 feet, 178 lbs. But he could probably use at least 10 more pounds of muscle on that frame.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia

Ignoring the double Ovechkins, Lapierre is on the 'good' side of training camp with only a week left. Looks like he'll have a chance to be on the team to start the season until Backstrom comes back.

Reactions: Dominance

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
So happy for him. I had coach him two years ago(before the draft) at Chicoutimi. Best kid I ever work with

He was injured all year long (or so) and I was the skills coach this year. I pass so much time on ice with him. We worked so hard on his shot. He wanted so bad to get better and get better. 4-5 time in the year, I offer player to come at the rink and watch hockey, and talk about lot of subject and every time one;y one player was there : Hendrix Lapierre

Last Christmas I offer hockey IQ class on zoom with elite player, 12-15 year old and you know what....Lappy was there, with these Pee-wee.

He just want to get better. So happy for him

golgoXIII

Apr 2, 2007
So happy for him. I had coach him two years ago(before the draft) at Chicoutimi. Best kid I ever work with

He was injured all year long (or so) and I was the skills coach this year. I pass so much time on ice with him. We worked so hard on his shot. He wanted so bad to get better and get better. 4-5 time in the year, I offer player to come at the rink and watch hockey, and talk about lot of subject and every time one;y one player was there : Hendrix Lapierre

Last Christmas I offer hockey IQ class on zoom with elite player, 12-15 year old and you know what....Lappy was there, with these Pee-wee.

He just want to get better. So happy for him
Wow great info thanks! Lapierre got all the tools if he work hard as you mention he is a nhler for sure let's see what will be his ceiling

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
Wow great info thanks! Lapierre got all the tools if he work hard as you mention he is a nhler for sure let's see what will be his ceiling

His attitude is 10/10, also his passion level is 10/10.

He watch a lot of hockey, like a lot. He saw all the Greztky tape on YouTube. He check all the ''all goal of X player of 2020-21'' on YouTube, like every player. He's the biggest student of the game that I know

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If he's that smart, he can soak up a lot from one of the smartest players in the league, Backstrom- who just happens to play his position.

Reactions: Dominance

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Pretty awesome, cut early on from World Juniors camp last year and dealt with a few major injuries in his career and still defeating the odds and making the NHL at 19yrs old, pretty awesome. Probably just plays a few games much like Maxime Comtois a couple years ago. Can't wait to see how he does this season, and it will be very exciting for Bathurst getting him back after NHL experience.

I think he grew up a big Ovechkin fan too when he was a little kid so it's amazing that he gets to play with an idle, he was 3 years old when Ovechkin joined the NHL lol.

Reactions: Misery74

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
If he's that smart, he can soak up a lot from one of the smartest players in the league, Backstrom- who just happens to play his position.
He probably won't get to spend much time with Backstrom. Backstrom is on LTIR and just starting to skate once again. He'll likely be returning to the line-up in roughly the same time as they send Lapierre back to juniors.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Very cool for Lapierre. The first time I saw him play was at the U-18 with Perfetti and boy was he awesome. An incredible high IQ playmaker, who will just benefit from playing with better players in the NHL. Steal by the Caps at 22

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Oshies celebration for Lapierre’s first goal was heartwarming, looked even more excited than Lapierre himself did.
That was awesome, started to shed his gloves like he just won the cup. Amazing leadership from TJ and awesome for Lapierre to have that kind of support.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad