C Hendrix Lapierre - (2020, 22nd, WSH)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Have teams seen enough? Where are you drawing this information from? He could very well go in the 1st round if a team is willing to take a risk but this is a very small sample size.
Where are you seeing him going in the 2nd round? Even before he played a game this season he was still ranked between 15-25 on most lists.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Where are you seeing him going in the 2nd round? Even before he played a game this season he was still ranked between 15-25 on most lists.
Every year there are players who are expected to go in the 1st round that drop to the 2nd. Often times injury concerns are the reasons. I don't know that Hendrix will be that guy this year, but he definitely could, and there will definitely be somebody that will drop and shock everyone.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
If his health is deemed okay by teams' medical people I see him going anywhere from 10-15...At worst, I don't see him going past the 20th pick.

I've read that some teams have him on the no draft list based on their doctors and others have said its not an issue for them. Pretty sure Pronman was the one saying that

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Every year there are players who are expected to go in the 1st round that drop to the 2nd. Often times injury concerns are the reasons. I don't know that Hendrix will be that guy this year, but he definitely could, and there will definitely be somebody that will drop and shock everyone.
Definitely, usually those guys come with some off-ice baggage which I don’t think is the case with Lapierre. If he was still ranked top 20 with the injury history on many of the lists he hasn’t hurt himself so far. Barron on the other hand will likely be the guy that falls from a potential Top 10 a year ago to into the 2nd round.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I also think that some teams in the 10-20 range are going to put alot of stock in his pre draft performances, if they continue at this clip.

Heck I could even see some team taking a flyer on him higher than that.

As a Jets fan, I sure hope the Jets give him strong consideration at #10. He’s right at the top of my list for that pick along with Sanderson who I truly doubt will still be available.

Here’s my short wish list in order of preference for that pick

Lapierre/Sanderson
Lundell
Jarvis/Rossi
Schneider/Guhle

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
I only saw him at U18 last year, and boy was he impressive. Very good playmaker. And I really liked his compete level, he was flying out there and outshined Byfield in the "eye test" (of course it was only a handful of game, not saying he's better then Byfield). As for his relatively low points total :

1) Small sample size
2) Injuries probably affected his level of play
3) Not sure how much ice time he was getting but he was not the "first guy" in Chicoutimi's offence (Rafael Harvey-Pinard, Samuel Houde and Raphael Lavoie at the end of the season were all ahead of him).

Might be biased because I probably saw him at his best, but I see him as a high upside and I hope Habs take him at 16 if he's still available (I think he might go before that)

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I really hope he stays healthy. It would be fun to watch what he could do this year. Would be great to see him at the WJC.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
His 3 assists were great, could have had some more with better finish. They need to find a better 3rd guy to that Lapierre-Mercer combination than Fabrice Fortin.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA
Sorry for the ignorance, but was he hurt again? I see he only played 21 games this past season in the Q?

Would like to know how he has been doing since the Capitals drafted him.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Sorry for the ignorance, but was he hurt again? I see he only played 21 games this past season in the Q?

Would like to know how he has been doing since the Capitals drafted him.

As far as I know, no real injury troubles. Team played 29 games, he left a while for Team Canada WJC camp, probably missed 3 or 4 games in the year.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
McMichael and Lapierre are two very good picks by the Caps.
It’s hard as a fan of the Devils to watch these get passed on and get scooped up by a divisional rival. Very nicely done. Not sure why they slid as far as they did . I get the risk when drafting but the reward is massive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad