C Cutter Gauthier - (2022, 5th, PHI; traded to ANA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Scored on a nice one-timer in todays exhibition game. Real season begins next week.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Great ‘05 class coming in. Maybe next year is the start of the turnaround under Brown?
Ya they should be vastly improved. They have a lot of work to do to get back to that level consistently though

I know Cutter wants to be a 1 and done but I hope he stays for 2 years. Kids are in too much of a rush to make the jump. A 2nd year in college has helped a ton of players and I think it could help him too

Reactions: Devonator

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
2+2 for 4 points in todays Game vs. BU. Looked great all game besides the points as well!

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Has his play in college garnered a rise is the potential? Or do you still feel he has potential of a food 2C?

Haven’t seen any of his BC games. Might be easier for me to answer that after the Juniors.

I’ve thought Gauthier was a very safe two way center with a lot of good skills, but not eye popping offensive upside. I thought he was a little overdrafted, but not as much as some suggested. He’s going to be a good NHL player. I thought he’d be a good bet to be a 2C and I still have little doubt about that.

Maybe he’s improved this season and has a little more offensive upside. Would be easier to opine on that in a month.

Reactions: Nabrules

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

What's been funny to me about the Cutter conversation is that he plays more like a classical center than 90%+ supposed centers that get drafted, he's terrific in transition, and was only splitting time at wing because the NTDP always has too many centers. But we spent like half of last year debating whether he was a center. The Flyers board seemed pretty sure he was a meathead winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad