C Cutter Gauthier - (2022, 5th, PHI; traded to ANA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He is overrated at this point. Not saying he won't be a NHLer but taking him at or even near #3? Thank god the Ducks ain't picking #3. :laugh::laugh::laugh: He should be in the #10-#15 area IMO.

shotvalley

Jan 18, 2010
I mean, we are talking about the team that spent a top-5 pick on Barrett Hayton.
Fair enough, would be stupid to pick him before Cooley though. Gauthier doesn't have motor or skills to be that high. And he propably play just wing position at pro's.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Are folks just suspecting that there is some wishful thinking about a big player, or do they have real arguments against the idea that Gauthier can play center?

According to Mitch Brown, Gauthier is the top transition player on the team, he's already taking a lot of faceoffs and winning them, and I think he's strong defensively. He's not a top playmaker but you can pair him with a playmaking wing. This is what a center looks like. I watched PLD develop and Gauthier is just like PLD was, except Gauthier is more experienced and capable as a center.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Sam Cosentino has Gauthier going 3rd to Arizona...

The same clueless one that had Detroit taking Cole Perfetti at #6, Half of the time this guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Are folks just suspecting that there is some wishful thinking about a big player, or do they have real arguments against the idea that Gauthier can play center?

According to Mitch Brown, Gauthier is the top transition player on the team, he's already taking a lot of faceoffs and winning them, and I think he's strong defensively. He's not a top playmaker but you can pair him with a playmaking wing. This is what a center looks like. I watched PLD develop and Gauthier is just like PLD was, except Gauthier is more experienced and capable as a center.
Whoa man. Don't go supplying some actual Intel and context here....lol.

Reactions: majormajor

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com

Too many people who haven't paid any attention to these guys until the past couple of weeks and then formed a quick opinion from a paragraph on a mock draft.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I like this guy for Philly. Will be very fun to see him play for the Flyers and see him succeed.

Reminder, his favorite player is Sidney Crosby. Cheers Flyers fans hahahaha

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Interesting how a bunch of flyers beat writers and people really tuned in with team saying Gauthier would’ve been their pick even if Wright was available

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Interesting how a bunch of flyers beat writers and people really tuned in with team saying Gauthier would’ve been their pick even if Wright was available

Do you know who reported this? I'd like to see it myself.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Do you know who reported this? I'd like to see it myself.
Anthony D’marco and Charlie O’Connor both stated they know Philly wasn’t high on Wright and “weren’t sure they’d pick him if he fell to 5”.

The big one was Anthony San Filippo who used to work for the team and has many connections. He outright said on his pod, according to people he’s talked to within the organization, they’d have pick Gauthier even if Wright was there too.

Not even the Flyers could have been that brain-dead.
Guess we’ll find out how good Wright really is as time goes by. I had him 3rd overall personally.

Interestingly they have Zayde Wisdom so I’m sure they do a bunch of Wright watching Kingston

I like this guy for Philly. Will be very fun to see him play for the Flyers and see him succeed.

Reminder, his favorite player is Sidney Crosby. Cheers Flyers fans hahahaha
Cheers!

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Anthony D’marco and Charlie O’Connor both stated they know Philly wasn’t high on Wright and “weren’t sure they’d pick him if he fell to 5”.

The big one was Anthony San Filippo who used to work for the team and has many connections. He outright said on his pod, according to people he’s talked to within the organization, they’d have pick Gauthier even if Wright was there too.

Guess we’ll find out how good Wright really is as time goes by. I had him 3rd overall personally.

Interestingly they have Zayde Wisdom so I’m sure they do a bunch of Wright watching Kingston

Cheers!

I had Wright just ahead of Gauthier, 5th vs 6th. I think it's a reasonable opinion to have Gauthier ahead.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Realistic upside: Mark Scheifele

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Reading this thread with all the positives is a welcome change of tone, because reading the Flyers board thread on him is the complete opposite.

Flyers fans are convinced he's a bust and their GM drafted him only because he can hit a golf ball with life and right hand.
Haha. flyers fans arent convinced is a bust. you need to read better. They are happy with the pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad