C Cutter Gauthier - (2022, 5th, PHI; traded to ANA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
As a few have mentioned, some players start to rise in the ranking after games are over because the closer we get to a draft the more the insiders hear from the actual scouts to her what the actual teams are thinking.

A guy with Gauthier’s size, speed and skill is very sought after in NHL circles.

As much as amateur internet scouts like to look at 5’9 forwards with great exits and entries, NHL teams still look for heavy players with skill. Unless the 5’9 guy is much much better then the 6’3 guy NHL front offices will lean to the bigger , heavier guy with upside.

Well said, Gauthier types are unicorns.

I might be out to lunch but Im almost looking at him favorably compared to McTavish. His acceleration for a big guy is incredible, one of the best releases in the draft, great hands, attacks the hard areas, and has a complete game. There's no holes here, he plays an NHL game with the talent to be a difference maker.

I got him & Nemec at 5-6.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
He reminds me A LOT of Patches. A lot a lot.

So hard to rank the NTDP players this year. Cooley, Gauthier, Nazar, McGroaty, Snuggerud and Howard are all pretty damn close. If I had to guess, I’d say they get drafted in that order, but who knows, and in terms of how they turn out in their primes, I could see almost any ranking/order happening.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
If Arizona is one of the teams who see Cutter as a center, I am not so sure it is as easy a pick as some may believe.

I get this feeling too, for some reason I could see him going ahead of Cooley.

(Maybe cause we've seen big center's jump ahead of higher ranked guys so many times recently; Strome, PLD, Kotkaniemi/Hayton, Dach)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Well said, Gauthier types are unicorns.

I might be out to lunch but Im almost looking at him favorably compared to McTavish. His acceleration for a big guy is incredible, one of the best releases in the draft, great hands, attacks the hard areas, and has a complete game. There's no holes here, he plays an NHL game with the talent to be a difference maker.

I got him & Nemec at 5-6.

I would say "attacks the hard areas" isn't a big part of his game yet. He doesn't play like a McTavish or Tkachuk jamming the net. Gauthier is more like a finesse guy that occasionally makes a big bang. But I think teams get really excited thinking that they can train him to use his body more to protect the puck and drive the net. And I would guess that they're right in thinking that he can be molded like that. There's nothing missing from the toolkit.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015

So hard to rank the NTDP players this year. Cooley, Gauthier, Nazar, McGroaty, Snuggerud and Howard are all pretty damn close. If I had to guess, I’d say they get drafted in that order, but who knows, and in terms of how they turn out in their primes, I could see almost any ranking/order happening.
Analysts did say he plays like Pacioretty.
Cooley has better hands, but Gauthier has better shots.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020

That's what the eliteprospects guide uses as his comparable. I can see some of it there, though I don't recall Patches being very physical at the same age.

It’s either Flyers or Columbus

Is he better than Kemell?

Yes. Kemell is looking pretty overrated. I think there's a good chance he falls out of the top 10.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
That's what the eliteprospects guide uses as his comparable. I can see some of it there, though I don't recall Patches being very physical at the same age.

Yes. Kemell is looking pretty overrated. I think there's a good chance he falls out of the top 10.
If anything Kemell is one of the most underrated prospect at HF.
He was top4/5 in sir Bobs latest rankings and in Buttons top5 yet here people keep talking how he’s 10-20 talent.
He’ll drop but because Gm’s will make run for potential C’s.

& the question was is Gauthier better sniper than Kemell

I think so.
He just doesn't have the dangles, that's all.

We’ll see, Kemell is an elite sniper

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Reactions: bsu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad